In defence of Emenelo and other stuff

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The whole premise of this piece seems to be that Chelsea managers have 100% control over transfers and that recruitment is a funding source to the plus side of the balance sheet, when it

really should be a means to an end for success on the pitch, with the financial rewards coming as a result of that success

CFC managers having control of recruitment is clearly not the case, so at the end of the day it bears no relevance to the departed Mourinho. It appalls me that so called fans of Chelsea slag off the club's MOST successful manager ever- mind blowingly

disloyal and dis respectful, and to be fair its the same BS as slagging off Roman for the very transfer policy that frustrates  us all (its his bloody club at the end of the day to do with as he chooses- that's reality)

getting back on point, the recruitment strategy appears to be a 'team effort' with the manager being consulted and the DOF and the board recruiting/ selling with the owner having final veto powers, so 

when playing the blame game please blame all of the parties involved not just the easy target of the twice fired  'individual (lol)' that is now in the red scum's employment and at this point in time the enemy. 

Roman and Emanalos biggest mistake was bringing back Jose. We all begged for Jose and they granted their wish. Also the reason why they sold Mata, KDB etc is because they wanted Jose to stay here for 10 years. So being such a long term option they also didn't consider buy back clauses. Unfortunately Jose went into self destruction mode and now we are left with a team worse than the one we had when he came back.

20 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Roman and Emanalos biggest mistake was bringing back Jose. We all begged for Jose and they granted their wish. Also the reason why they sold Mata, KDB etc is because they wanted Jose to stay here for 10 years. So being such a long term option they also didn't consider buy back clauses. Unfortunately Jose went into self destruction mode and now we are left with a team worse than the one we had when he came back.

I think it is something need to be done.. The 'Bring back the special one' anthem need to get addressed once and for all..

• 5 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

I'm a horrible horrible writer and bad at explaining my ideas well so apologies in advance if I fail to explain myself well...

I was going to start a new topic about how the last 2 managers at our club have managed to sell Lukaku, De Bryne, Salah, Matic and Costa and weakened our squad in the process (while spending money).

This isn't just a Mourinho (mk2) issue now. Under Conte we've generally made bad decisions in the transfer market too. 

Let's be straight up here. We've made some horrible decisions in the transfer market over the years (Shevchenko, Torres, etc). But if you go back and look at our record dispassionately and logically (see my first post in this thread), a few things become clear.

1. Since Torres (2010/11) we started making better (less sh*t) signings in the transfer market. Emanelo was appointed technical directory July 2011 (https://archive.is/20140627230905/http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2389173)

2. When Mourinho (June 2013) rejoined us Emanelo offered to resign and the club said no (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/exclusive-michael-emenalos-offer-to-resign-turned-down-by-chelsea-gdhm2swbj5h and http://dailypost.ng/2013/05/31/mourinhos-second-coming-abramovich-turns-down-emenalos-resignation/). Since then, we've made the worst decisions in the transfer market i've ever seen. 

Matic wanted to leave sure. But Lukaku, De Bryne, Salah, Costa all left because they were a) not getting football and felt they had to leave to get it and/or b) the club simply decided they wanted the transfer fee they'd receive more than the player in question.

I know it's easy to get caught up in the Chelsea bubble and forget about other clubs. But honestly, I can't think of a club ever choosing to give up so much talent. Yes there's cases of it like Eto'o not being wanted by Real Madrid and going on to star at Barcelona, or Makelele being unappreciated at Real Madrid. But I cant remember a club that's pushed out talent like we did on this scale. It's perhaps unprecedented.

Ok hindsight is great and we can put a billion bit of hindsight on everything........

But surely it's time to take the transfer decisions off the manager and start bringing in managers who will coach and manage players we've got instead of constantly gutting our squad because they don't fit the manager's of the day philosophy (or has fallen out over something like Costa and Luiz).

Just look at the team today. No Luiz despite the fact Christiansen is exhausted. Why? Because it's clear Conte and Luiz have had a falling out and Conte has frozen him out despite him being one of the best performing defenders in the league for us last season.

No wonder Emenalo jumped off to Monaco........

Link to old post for reference: 

Chelsea Transfer history link that was used as a reference in original post:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-chelsea/alletransfers/verein/631

Edited by Guest

Or Luiz is injured.

3 minutes ago, Qaz said:

But surely it's time to take the transfer decisions off the manager and start bringing in managers who will coach and manage players we've got instead of constantly gutting our squad because they don't fit the manager's of the day philosophy (or has fallen out over something like Costa and Luiz).

Hasn't Conte been moaning that he doesn't make transfer decisions? And Jose moaned, and I don't think any of our first team coaches (which is usually the title we give them, not manager) have had control of transfers.

10 minutes ago, Stim said:

Or Luiz is injured.

Hasn't Conte been moaning that he doesn't make transfer decisions? And Jose moaned, and I don't think any of our first team coaches (which is usually the title we give them, not manager) have had control of transfers.

Who knows for sure..... We can only speculate

But what's clear is that we were generally starting to buy a bit better once Emenalo was promoted to technical director and since Mourinho rejoined we've had 2 managers where terrible decisions have been made that have absolutely 100% cost us.

Add in Lukaku, Costa, De Bryne, Salah and Matic to the this team and we'd be in a much better position right about now.

That's before we even think about all the "squaddies" we've brought in on big fees (Zappacosta, Emerson, Drinkwater) when there are talented youngsters that could have filled in just as well

It's a f**king mess really..........

Edited by Guest