Man City Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 3/12 2016 KO 12:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

City now have Touré as an option which might cause some problems to our midfield similar to what Dembele did. 

Their defence isn't the best so if we can press their backline we could secure a fine result. Draw would do fine but I'm worried about what Pep might have tactically 

They haven't been impressive at all in the last few weeks and their defence is laughable so we should definitely go for it. On the other hand no way  are we going to see a clean sheet here so there's that.

Anyway, after this game our fixture list is incredibly easy whilst City and Liverpool have some tough games coming up so not particularly bothered about this game. As long as the players play well I'd be happy. 

City now have Touré as an option which might cause some problems to our midfield similar to what Dembele did. 
Their defence isn't the best so if we can press their backline we could secure a fine result. Draw would do fine but I'm worried about what Pep might have tactically 

I doubt you have been watching City play recently, there midfield is so slow to react when Toure plays. I know Pep very well, he won't like to throw away that game by playing Toure in the midfield against us. You should expect there top performers like Debruyne and Gundogan to get back in the starting line up for this game.

8 hours ago, Ivanov87 said:

They haven't been impressive at all in the last few weeks and their defence is laughable so we should definitely go for it. On the other hand no way  are we going to see a clean sheet here so there's that.

Anyway, after this game our fixture list is incredibly easy whilst City and Liverpool have some tough games coming up so not particularly bothered about this game. As long as the players play well I'd be happy. 

You should know by now that there are no 'easy fixtures'. There are games where you look at and think "we should win that" but underestimating opponents can be the biggest downfall. You probably would have suggested when City and Arsenal played Boro at home, it was 'easy' and Boro nicked points from them both. We will be playing teams who are weaker than us but the PL always will spring unpredictable results. For eg we have Palace in just over fortnight. I would not call that easy by any means. They are at home, fighting for their lives and by then may just have a new manager to reinvigorate the team. These are type of matches where surprise results happen.

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

I doubt you have been watching City play recently, there midfield is so slow to react when Toure plays. I know Pep very well, he won't like to throw away that game by playing Toure in the midfield against us. You should expect there top performers like Debruyne and Gundogan to get back in the starting line up for this game.

Silva too. Stones probably too.

3 hours ago, wallosh said:

Well your assumption here is not accurate, I'm not sure what point in telling me this when your counter doesn't offer much than 'They have better players in KDB trust me I've seen Pep'

Elaboration on my part would be helpful though, so below is what I mean:

I said they have Touré as an option i.e now he's playing and not excluded out of the squad when he was all season which isn't false. City's team generally hasn't pressed efficiently until Pep came in to the point where Aguero is putting in a shift, as we've seen against the likes of Barcelona so while it's likely that we're going to see Gundogan alongside KDB/Fernandinho I doubt Pep would include him in the squad again if he didn't feel he was at least somewhat mobile.  The above has shown he's often able to change the game in an instant by bullying the opposition and being one of the best passers in that team (which could be a problem for our midfield like it was for the first half of Spurs as well as Liverpool when they passed triangles around the likes of Kanté, although tbh we weren't playing the same formation there). He also pops up with a screamer every so often 

If we're defensively sound like we have been, or if we bring on Branna early on to try and shut up shop, he'll probably bring him on to help open the game up or alternatively if the game opens up with the players on the field then Touré is an option to help exploit that, especially if one of his current players isn't up to it on the day (i.e while Gundogan is just as good as a passer he hasn't done it to nearly the same level as he's done with Dortmund whereas we know Touré can do that with City) so his mobility relative to the rest of the players won't be as much an issue. Put it this way, City have Toure as an option is worse for us than Pep not having him as an option; he's not a liability. 

Edited by MANoWAR

I imagine Man City will have seen how Spurs got at us first half by closing us down high up the pitch and do more of the same. We may have to rely on counter attacks for the majority of the game, as I can see them dominating possession. I'd certainly take a draw.

Delighted with the win against the Spuds. Here is the crystal ball predictions for another big match against Manchester City. They are, as usual, outrageous:

Chelsea (3-4-3): Courtois; Luiz, Cahill, Mikel (c); Ivanovi?, Mati?, Willian, Azpilicueta; Pedro, Hazard, Oscar
Subs: Bulka, Terry, Loftus-Cheek, Fábregas, Kanté, Alonso, Costa

Prediction: Manchester City 0-0 Chelsea

Where to start (as usual)? Mikel captains from centre half, with Ivanovi? and Azpilicueta playing as wing backs. There is no room for Moses in the entire squad, while Kanté, Alonso and Costa sit the bench again. For some unknown reason, Marcin Bulka, despite being the under 18 goalkeeper, makes the bench. In spite of all this, as has been the case in crystal ball land, we pull off a good result against the odds, holding Manchester City at home to a 0-0 draw. I think we can go and win this one though. Go, Blues!

1 hour ago, Zeta Orionis said:

I imagine Man City will have seen how Spurs got at us first half by closing us down high up the pitch and do more of the same. We may have to rely on counter attacks for the majority of the game, as I can see them dominating possession. I'd certainly take a draw.

Agree, but we should watch and learn from our mistakes as well. Going to be an interesting tactical game as well. 

Our second test is coming, the first one against Spurs we have passed successfully, but our performance against Spurs wasn't at the top, we will need a better performance against City.

There's no need to change our starting XI, we're looking strong and unbeaten.

---------------- Courtois -------------

-- Azpilicueta - David Luiz - Cahill

Moses - Kante - Matic - Marcos Alonso

-------- Pedro -------------- Hazard ----------

--------------- Diego Costa ---------------

Winning this would mean a lot to us, we actually can reach something we couldn't dream of and run for the title. 

COME ON CHELS!!!!!!!!

well we can't afford to sit back in this match, we have to go for the jugular and try to fight fire with fire. they can certainly be exploited defensively, as can we, so it should be a very intriguing match, and it will be interesting how conte approaches this game. i think on paper the first teams are fairly equal, but would maybe favour their attacking force a little more. 

Edited by enigma

They haven't been as brilliant as I thought Guardiola would have them playing, and they've been struggling in some games. We are not as sharp as we were before the international break but we are getting results. I am not confident at all, but I think we can get a draw as long as the players show up.

Certainly tight at top of table. A loss would likely see us move from 1st to 4th.

A win would be great. Our away form not as good as home but our counter attacking style and pace from the wing backs will keep them cautious.

The central midfield battle will be fierce.

8 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

I'd snap your hands off for a point.

Agreed.

As well as we've been playing this is going to be a really hard game, the biggest test for the new system defensively for sure.

Moses and Alonso are going to really have their work cut out for them in this game, especially with how well Sterling has been playing so far this season.

That said I think Costa, Pedro and Hazard might fancy their chances against the City back line that looks unsettled and always in danger of conceding. 

I'm pretty relaxed about his. On paper they should be top of the league via 6 points, in reality they aren't. They haven't been able to put teams away, defence has been suspect at times, and there's always a mistake or 2 in Bravo. No doubt they will put us on the defensive for the majority of the game, but we got a much better defensive unit than Burnley, Everton or Boro, we shouldn't let more than 2 in. Kun, KDB, Sterling are fast, but our back 3 are mobile and reasonably fast this time, should be able to deal with them. I don't see them keep us out, there will be plenty of chances to counter. I think 2:2 will do, wouldn't be an upset if we win. 

9 hours ago, BellettiBullet said:

Delighted with the win against the Spuds. Here is the crystal ball predictions for another big match against Manchester City. They are, as usual, outrageous:

Chelsea (3-4-3): Courtois; Luiz, Cahill, Mikel (c); Ivanovi?, Mati?, Willian, Azpilicueta; Pedro, Hazard, Oscar
Subs: Bulka, Terry, Loftus-Cheek, :laugh2:Fábregas, Kanté, Alonso, Costa

Prediction: Manchester City 0-0 Chelsea

Where to start (as usual)? Mikel captains from centre half, with Ivanovi? and Azpilicueta playing as wing backs. There is no room for Moses in the entire squad, while Kanté, Alonso and Costa sit the bench again. For some unknown reason, Marcin Bulka, despite being the under 18 goalkeeper, makes the bench. In spite of all this, as has been the case in crystal ball land, we pull off a good result against the odds, holding Manchester City at home to a 0-0 draw. I think we can go and win this one though. Go, Blues!

:laugh2: :laugh2:

I am actually going to ask now, having wondered for ages - how the hell do you come up with this?  Is it some sort of Paul the octopus type thing?