Chelsea Vs Stoke (PL) Sat 31/12 2016 KO 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

That was intense...

What an absolute nailbiter. Pretty sure my heart was ready to give way at any moment between Indis goal and Costa sealing the deal.

13 in a bloody row! Take a bow Antonio Conte! You are the fecking man.

49 points at the halfway point. Would not be surprised if that is a record point total at this point in the PL-era.
Now we go on for the title! KTBFFH!

We're on course for 98 points ATM.

Holy sh*t that is brilliant. 

Our run might end vs Spurs but who cares? Conte has done an absolutely magnificent job. 

Expected this to be a tough game. We were sloppy at the back at times and made a few defensive errors that proved costly.

Thankfully, we didn't let their goals get to us and pushed on to score more goals past them. Our attacking plays were mostly brilliant today, and I want to give a big shout-out to Willian who scored 2 important goals to turn the tables.

Conte has successfully instill this winning mentality into our lads and I'm so proud of them today!

14, here we come! ::ChELSeAFaN::

And finally, here's Costa's goal again in the spoiler tag.

uxi2D6V.gif

wDmUptz.gif

nhPvX6h.gif

That was a great match, great win. Actually thought we created enough to hit 6 or 7 but I agree with some of the comments above, we looked a bit uncomfortable defending their crosses.

To be fair its not every week you face someone like Crouch, but he wasn't the only one causing problems.

Thought Azpi was excellent, with Cahill & Luiz also having good games. Moses had a 5 minute spell where he nearly cost us two goals leaving men and commiting a silly foul, but he raised his game 2nd half (as did the rest).

Costa, Willian and Hazard were great. All guilty of missing good chances, but their clinical moments made the difference.

Kante MOTM for me, edges ahead of Willian and Azpi as he (once again) bossed the middle of the park, continually breaking up play and moving the ball on sharp. What a signing he's been.

Great end to the year. Bring on Spurs!

Just now, Zinc said:

14, here we come! ::ChELSeAFaN::

Reveal hidden contents

uxi2D6V.gif

wDmUptz.gif

nhPvX6h.gif

Don't know what i'll do if we continue this run past Spuds at WHL but that would be extremely impressive. It already is but a win on Wednesday? My oh my..

10 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Don't know what i'll do if we continue this run past Spuds at WHL but that would be extremely impressive. It already is but a win on Wednesday? My oh my..

If we continue this run past Spurs, then we should also aim to beat Leicester and make it 15 wins in a row (on and on and on).

1. Smash Wenger's record (14)

2. LOL @ Arsenal fans

Edited by Zinc

What a f*ck*ng game of mad football perfect for the last day of the year! We dominated but were poor at defending some of their balls in the area. But our players created some fantastic football in the front and William had a fantastic second half with two goals and could have made a third. Costa great as always, and what a goal, a fighter to the end. Hazard was intermittent, and I think we missed him sometimes. Great defensive wearing from Stoke, and they played well. But at the end the best team got the three points and we are still TOP OF THE LEAGUE with six points of advantage if Liverscum win tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, dkw said:

Bit of a throwback to the mad Xmas games of years gone by, goals everywhere, midfield and defence not bothering. Great fun.

I didn't think it was fun @ 2-2 but that could have been because of my dodgy stream <_< | still making history & not referring to it is the CFC Way & I love the Blues because of this - would be freakin' awesome to break the record @ spuds - you know those bar stewards will sacrifice their Oldest child to prevent that from happening.

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

49 points equals our best first half of the season - also 49 in 2005/6 I am told.

That is 5 complete months of this PL season now done, and we have had a PERFECT record in 4 of those months  ...  simply wonderful stuff from our team !

Had 52 points in 05/06, which is the best in PL history after 19 games and this season's 49 is the second best.

29 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

If Tottenham had any balls they'd let us win the next game anyway just so that Arsenal might no longer have the winning streak record ...

Do you think there fans could bear another thing for us to have over them again? We already have the near 30 years of not losing at home to them, then we officially stopped them winning title last season. They will want revenge. Especially for last season.

18 minutes ago, STATS said:

Do you think there fans could bear another thing for us to have over them again? We already have the near 30 years of not losing at home to them, then we officially stopped them winning title last season. They will want revenge. Especially for last season.

you forgot the time when Chelsea knocked them out of the Champion's League even before a ball was kicked :Troll_Face: - when I first became a Chelsea fan, I was told that Spurs played in 3 point lane & I actually believed that was the case - what do I know, I am just a dumb yank :P