Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paccbet

Marco Verratti

97 posts in this topic
24 minutes ago, the special one said:

Maybe they'll sell but not sure he'll leave until next summer. United look a team again with Carrick/Herrera/Pogba so wouldn't come as a surprise if he joined United to replace Carrick.

I am not sure Conte would allow that to happen. They're good friends.

Fabulous player. Seems to pick up a few niggles though. I would love him or koke next to kante next season, however unlikely it is.

My only issue with him playing next to Kante would be the height. I feel like we would get outmuscled against a few teams.

2 hours ago, CFCholland said:

My only issue with him playing next to Kante would be the height. I feel like we would get outmuscled against a few teams.

When's the last time you saw Kante get out muscled, a dm doesn't need height he needs mobility and tenacity, makelele was 5'6 you see if anyone could outmuscle him, where we need height is on our right post. 

didierforever likes this

9 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

When's the last time you saw Kante get out muscled, a dm doesn't need height he needs mobility and tenacity, makelele was 5'6 you see if anyone could outmuscle him, where we need height is on our right post. 

against spurs for example our midfield got completely outmuscled.

Theafonis likes this

5 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

That was one game where Spurs were the better team all round. I remember seeing the midfield of Lamps-essien-ballack getting outmuscled by Inter. 

benjsross likes this

Honestly, I don't mean to be pessimistic but why do people think we have any chance of getting him? PSG clearly don't need the money so aren't gonna sell. it's a pipe dream really. 

15 minutes ago, Ivanov87 said:

Honestly, I don't mean to be pessimistic but why do people think we have any chance of getting him? PSG clearly don't need the money so aren't gonna sell. it's a pipe dream really. 

Rumours have done the rounds recently (and possibly comments from his agent) that Veratti may look for a new challenge at some point. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Rumours have done the rounds recently (and possibly comments from his agent) that Veratti may look for a new challenge at some point. 

Fair enough. That sounds plausible, I guess having Conte and being in London could also give us the advantage if he decides to leave.

16 hours ago, The Brit said:

Not sure why he wants to waste his career in France, no matter what PSG go on to do in the champions league this season

you're right, barcelona will buy him now. psg won't let him go for anything less than what pogba went for, that's for sure. imo his ceiling is higher than pogba 

15 hours ago, CFCholland said:

But matic was playing and he is 6'4...

What a fantastic player. His passing is way better than Fabs based on the Barcelona psg match.

Would get into any side in the world right now I'm guessing.

17 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

But matic was playing and he is 6'4...

Didn't even matter. Both he and Kante got bullied by Wanyama and Dembele. 

Fellas...  

“It’s a very complicated situation, in spite of his contract with the club until 2021. He wants to win trophies, and PSG, as they are now, can’t win.”

“He’s been with Paris for five years and now he’s starting to wonder whether it’s better earning a lot (of money) and not winning anything, or to start winning trophies.”

I think I know which trophy he's talking about. 

Would love him at Chelsea but I can't help thinking that he'll end up at Barca or Real if he left PSG. 

On 03/23/2017 at 12:31, ForeverCarefree said:

Would love him at Chelsea but I can't help thinking that he'll end up at Barca or Real if he left PSG. 

Maybe Conte as his compatriot could convince him to come to Chelsea.

On 3/27/2017 at 00:27, Maksimov said:

Maybe Conte as his compatriot could convince him to come to Chelsea.

That's a possibility.

Posted (edited)

Bit of interesting news.

I love Verratti a lot. I really do. Fantastic player. I just don't see how playing him and Kante together in midfield won't have downsides. They're both shorter than Messi ffs. Verratti's even shorter than Kante. We lose a defender for set pieces and we lose almost all aerial duels in the middle of the pitch if this happens.

Edited by Barrettinator

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Bit of interesting news.

I love Verratti a lot. I really do. Fantastic player. I just don't see how playing him and Kante together in midfield won't have downsides. They're both shorter than Messi ffs. Verratti's even shorter than Kante. We lose a defender for set pieces and we lose almost all aerial duels in the middle of the pitch if this happens.

Costa/Lukaku/Morata Hazard

Alonso Matic Kante Verratti Moses

Cahill Luiz Azpi

Tibo

Essentially replacing Pedro/Willian with verratti, pushing Hazard even further up and giving him far more freedom than he has currently.

This formation (3-5-2) is quite different from 3-4-3 and absolutely different dynamics (as to who provides support/cover to the wing back), but I guess it can work well.

8 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Bit of interesting news.

Would be a fantastic signing, however we are going to have a really short team which can be a problem in set pieces

Don't see how this could be any worse than playing Matic alongside Kante. Just because a player is tall doesn't automatically mean he's good in the air. Matic is the epitome of that.

Posted (edited)

Courtois
                     Azpi - Luiz - van Dijk
Moses - Verratti (Kante) - Matic (Fabregas) - Alonso
                 Pedro - Diego - Hazard

:JC_doubleup:

Edited by the special one