Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paccbet

Marco Verratti

97 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

If we were to play a midfield three i wouldn't even think twice about it. In a midfield 2 with Kante i'll always worry though. 

Its definitely a thing to worry about. If we go with

Hazard Costa/Lukaku Pedro

Alonso Kante Marco Moses

GC DL Azpi

we have just 4 players over 6 feet. 

But I would rather swap one of Pedro/Moses than not buying a world class player.

RIP Mourinho likes this

Yeah people overstate height. Look at falcao he's like below average height for a striker and yet scores quite a few headers. Veratti would bring more to the table which would offset his height. Honestly I would rather have a gifted player in our midfield over a midfielder soley made up of power and height. 

Nibs and Argo like this

12 minutes ago, enigma said:

Yeah people overstate height. Look at falcao he's like below average height for a striker and yet scores quite a few headers. Veratti would bring more to the table which would offset his height. Honestly I would rather have a gifted player in our midfield over a midfielder soley made up of power and height. 

But it's possible to have a midfielder who's gifted (though not quite Verratti gifted) who also has good height though. Besides, I see no reason why PSG would sell him anyway. I'm convinced our bid (if true) will be rejected swiftly.

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

It isn't necessarily the dominance in the air but also the physical presence of having some 'big'. If Verratti and Kante came up against Wanyama and Dembele they'd be pushed aside with ease. 

Kinda like the big physical Matic was. Id take Verrati over him as far as physical presence

Nibs and EdinburghBlue like this

I see both sides here, I like a team with height and I think Moses and Dave are a big problem for the back post, I'd be looking at moving face to rwb playing VVD or whoever we get with luiz and garry, that height problem gone then we could afford to have a short player like verati with Kante, you can't have a light CM pair but although they are small they are tough players, tougher that bigger players, but personally I'd ideally go for a big powerful expansive CM to sit with Kante, that would be a nightmare for teams,  I'd like a player in the mould of wanyama maybe with a bit more creative passing ability 

20 minutes ago, the special one said:

Kante, Verratti, Fabregas, Matic, De Rossi, Chalobah, Baker :JC_doubleup:  

Whenever I saw Roma this season, De rossi has been quite average. No where near the rossi of 2/3 years ago

3 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

I see both sides here, I like a team with height and I think Moses and Dave are a big problem for the back post, I'd be looking at moving face to rwb playing VVD or whoever we get with luiz and garry, that height problem gone then we could afford to have a short player like verati with Kante, you can't have a light CM pair but although they are small they are tough players, tougher that bigger players, but personally I'd ideally go for a big powerful expansive CM to sit with Kante, that would be a nightmare for teams,  I'd like a player in the mould of wanyama maybe with a bit more creative passing ability 

Assume you mean dave, and that's a no from me. He's not a wingback, this keeps coming up, he's not strong enough going forward to be a wingback, and he has been the most solid centre back in the league all season in that right-centre back position, we should not move him, if you don't think moses is good enough that's fine, but we need to buy a wingback then, not try and fit a hexagonal peg into a triangular hole

Xfaxtor likes this

3 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

against spurs i think it less to do with moses and azpi's height, but rather erikson shouldn't have been allowed the space to put in the crosses he did. 

29 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

After the bottle job against Barcelona, i'm not sure i want any PSG player.

Bit unfair, our current manager was involved in one of the biggest bottle jobs in football history in 2000.

didierforever likes this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

If it was a standard or merely good player i'll agree, but (like Azpilicueta) Verratti is so good were have to find a way to counter his lack of arial prescence elsewhere, like get Luiz to join the midfield briefly when we are anticipating an duel in the middle 3rd.

Edited by Argo
DonAntonio likes this

Players that would be perfect alongside Kante:

1. A "tall" Verratti

2. A defensively better Cesc

3. A tall ad defensively better Koke.

4. A "taller" Luka modric (he is just 5'9, so does not solve any of our problems).

I kinda have a feeling that we are out of options. :biggrin:

Paccbet likes this

11 hours ago, didierforever said:

1. A "tall" Verratti

4. A "taller" Luka modric (he is just 5'9, so does not solve any of our problems).

I kinda have a feeling that we are out of options. :biggrin:

Whilst no where near the level of the others, I think Milinkovic-Savic would make a great partner for Kante in the years to come, playing well in Serie A only 22 and seems decent in the air, and on the ball.

Edited by PedroMendez

1. A "tall" Verratti
I kinda have a feeling that we are out of options. :biggrin:

None of them are outside shooters of note. One of the criteria that might get someone into the team ahead of matic/fab on a regular basis is ability to score a few goals.

54 minutes ago, PedroMendez said:

Whilst no where near the level of the others, I think Milinkovic-Savic would make a great partner for Kante in the years to come, playing well in Serie A only 22 and seems decent in the air, and on the ball.

Cue the guy who talks about youtube highlights all the time...  

There is something to be said about having power in the team but I don't think that comes from Matic anyway. Verratti and Kante would not be pushed around, those two are slippery and what they lack in physical strength they make up for it in quickness and positioning. I think Conte could work out a way to stop balls hooved forward if it became a problem, I can think of a couple ideas myself. 

Cesc, Kante and Verratti would be dope tho.

23 hours ago, Argo said:

If it was a standard or merely good player i'll agree, but (like Azpilicueta) Verratti is so good were have to find a way to counter his lack of arial prescence elsewhere, like get Luiz to join the midfield briefly when we are anticipating an duel in the middle 3rd.

I am a big fan of him he is a dirty little bar steward but would love that for us always said we aren't streetwise enough on the pitch when psg put us out the CL they kicked lumps out of us and just roughed us up and in reality you need a bit of that for European football even big domestic games, having him and Kante at your heels like jack rustles would be horrid for anyone, but I just think they are both quite similar, would we lack someone controlling the game, although to be fair veratti has good distribution and Kante is improving in that aspect, I'm a big proponent of VVD for the system if one of him and luiz could centrally get involved further up to defend long balls coming while the other covers the middle theoretically would work but I think contes most admirable and effective management ability is balance and I'm just not sure that would give us balance, but he may have a plan for that I think he is such a good player and conte has worked with him that he may tinker to make it work maybe a 3-5-2 situation but then that would negate our plans to buy a Sanchez type player, this is why balance and the right players not just good players are so key it is a very hard job to get right, that's what makes conte so good.  In all cases for me a top CM is a big priority for the summer 

Argo likes this

What about moving Luiz into MF alongside Kante? that way we have much more physical presence and Luiz is great at passing and has accurate long balls too. Can also mean we have more reason to sign VVD and recall Christensen back from loan and have him as a starting CB

On 21/05/2017 at 11:53, JJP said:

What about moving Luiz into MF alongside Kante? that way we have much more physical presence and Luiz is great at passing and has accurate long balls too. Can also mean we have more reason to sign VVD and recall Christensen back from loan and have him as a starting CB

No chance, he done well in DM on occasions but let's not kid ourselves he's not a central midfielder. He's just had one of if not the best season in his career at CB, he should stay firmly where he is for me.

4 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

No chance, he done well in DM on occasions but let's not kid ourselves he's not a central midfielder. He's just had one of if not the best season in his career at CB, he should stay firmly where he is for me.

Sure I can agree with that, was just a suggestion! 

Though I do think he'll be better than Matic in the CM role

EdinburghBlue likes this

1 hour ago, JJP said:

Sure I can agree with that, was just a suggestion! 

Though I do think he'll be better than Matic in the CM role

So would my nan to be fair.