Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

jamie#8

Alexis Sanchez

657 posts in this topic

think his next move would depend largely on whether or not Arsenal qualify for CL football next season
without it, he would have less motivation, and Arsenal would also have less freedom in giving huge salary
whatever scenario pans out, Granovskaia & co have to at least try to luring him here

On 12/8/2016 at 13:58, magichat said:

it's funny i was imagining he were to come here and play as our RW just a few weeks ago, suddenly this rumour surfaces
with Costa and Hazard, no doubt would make our strikeforce the best in the country

On the current form of all 3 of the players, id say it'd make it the best strikeforce in the world

We've a potential £60m in the bank from the Oscar deal, might as well bank it until the summer and test Arsenals and Sanchez resolve.

If he signs a new deal between now and then so be it, we'll look elsewhere but as a viable RW option, if theres a chance he'll join, we should go after him.

Usually you find the fans of the teams comparing, saying there players are better than others are the fans of the teams that don't win anything.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

i really don't see arsenal selling to us, unless sanchez wants to stay in london. it would be similar to the cech situation. i see him going to bayern or madrid if anywhere, especially if madrid can't get hazard. 

4 minutes ago, enigma said:

i really don't see arsenal selling to us, unless sanchez wants to stay in london. it would be similar to the cech situation. i see him going to bayern or madrid if anywhere, especially if madrid can't get hazard. 

Not sure he would go to Real with his Barca background.

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

Not sure he would go to Real with his Barca background.

he doesn't exactly have a strong affiliation to their club, so don't think that matters. figo and ronaldo did it, as well as others. 

20 minutes ago, enigma said:

he doesn't exactly have a strong affiliation to their club, so don't think that matters. figo and ronaldo did it, as well as others. 

I'm sure I read he said he could never play for another Spanish club after he left Barca.

Words are cheap mind you.

5 hours ago, Delnino said:

We've a potential £60m in the bank from the Oscar deal, might as well bank it until the summer and test Arsenals and Sanchez resolve.

If he signs a new deal between now and then so be it, we'll look elsewhere but as a viable RW option, if theres a chance he'll join, we should go after him.

I am not very sure about the club's finances, but I really doubt that this 60mil would be used next season. I mean we bought 30+mil batshuayi, 30mil Kante, 30mil Luiz, 20+mil Alonso with a net spending of 87+mil pounds. And this is without any CL money. Honestly feel Oscar's transfer would be more to balance the books.

14 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I am not very sure about the club's finances, but I really doubt that this 60mil would be used next season. I mean we bought 30+mil batshuayi, 30mil Kante, 30mil Luiz, 20+mil Alonso with a net spending of 87+mil pounds. And this is without any CL money. Honestly feel Oscar's transfer would be more to balance the books.

The tv deals and the new Yokohama and Nike deals has killed any FFP worry at this club even without CL. 

Chelsbear likes this

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

The tv deals and the new Yokohama and Nike deals has killed any FFP worry at this club even without CL. 

Yip.

We are bringing in record amounts of revenue from the TV deals, sponsorships and the rest. That's what funded our summer spurge I'd imagine.

Bobbywoodhogan, DonAntonio and Jezz like this

2 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Yip.

We are bringing in record amounts of revenue from the TV deals, sponsorships and the rest. That's what funded our summer spurge I'd imagine.

Definitely, can easily see a £100m net spend every summer from now on if Antonio feels the need. We also failed to qualify for the CL at the right time if there ever is one, if we did it at anytime between 2011-2015 it would have been an absolute disaster financially, even in summer 2014 we had to sell to buy.

Edited by Argo
DonAntonio likes this

Would rather have Griezmann over Sanchez, personally think he is on a different level to Sanchez. Reminds me of Ozil and doesn't turn up for the big games.

Arsenal won't win the league with Sanchez as your forward.

13 minutes ago, Argo said:

Fair enough.

But I still have my doubts.

Nike deal was double the adidas deal (30mil pound profit).

Yokohama deal was doube the samsung deal too (20mil pound profit)

Last season we earned 70mil pound by TV deal, which is expected to go up by 45%, profit of 30mil pound.

Overall the profit comes upto about 80mil pounds. I read an article on WAGNH that missing CL may cost us about 65mil pounds. Also lets not forget that we recorded a 23mil loss too last season (not sure if that figure is from this year or the year before).

So I am not sure that we are completely fine even with these mega bucks.

In the last few seasons we have sold some players too that go towards the spending.

2015/16

Ramires  £25 million

Luis           £14 million

Cech        £11 million

Romeu   £6 million

Kakuta   £6 million

2016/17

Pappy    £8 million

Marin     £3 million

Salah           £13 million

Cuadrado   Loan fee

So while we have spent some money we have of course also made some other than our revenue steams which mean it's not as substantial as it seems.

3 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

In the last few seasons we have sold some players too that go towards the spending.

2015/16

Ramires  £25 million

Luis           £14 million

Cech        £11 million

Romeu   £6 million

Kakuta   £6 million

2016/17

Pappy    £8 million

Marin     £3 million

Salah           £13 million

Cuadrado   Loan fee

So while we have spent some money we have of course also made some other than our revenue steams which mean it's not as substantial as it seems.

Your point is totally valid but we are talking about 2 different scenarios.

in 2015/16: we had a net spend of about -8mil pounds, but without the new deal (+80mil pounds) but with the CL money (-65mil).

in 2016/17: so far we have a net spend of -80mil pounds. The profit from new deals makes up for the loss of CL but I feel this season we have to balance our books for transfers.

Arsenal have offered Alexis Sanchez £9.3million a year to sign a new contract — but the Gunners are still significantly short of meeting their forward's wage demands. Arsenal's opening offer of £180,000 per week is a healthy increase on the Chilean's current deal worth £130,000. Nevertheless, Sanchez, 27, is determined to land a contract worth a minimum of £250,000 per week. Dialogue between the player's representatives and the club are ongoing, with Arsenal still hopeful. (Daily Mail)
Read more at http://talksport.com/football/transfer-rumours-and-paper-review-friday-december-16-tottenham-battle-everton-depay#cMg25p3smsrTqCBy.99

Am sorry but we should not be entertaining salary deals of £250k per week, paying that kind of money simply undermines many of the players already at the club who are doing a job for us and on far less. Appreciate Hazard is on similar and so was Frank and JT but although Sanchez is excellent, he is not £250k per week excellent.

Deal won't happen anyway imho.

The way the money is now in the English game this is what's going to happen...even at our club.

The more sponsorship deals and TV deals that increase so will our players wage demands.

Yeh but we have a stadium to build, plus we are currently only pulling in gate revenue on 41k supporters, whereas Mugchester and FC Woolwich are earning so much more at the moment.

Yeah that's the problem but it's either we pay it or we miss out on the top end players because they know they can get the wages they want elsewhere.

It's the problem we are all facing in England especially with these Chinese clubs offering players like Oscar 400k a week.