Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

jamie#8

Alexis Sanchez

Yeh, appreciate we need to spend in order to earn, yet there's a fine balance and we need to be sure we don't get caught out with the old law of diminishing returns on investment.

Although we have experienced a number of pure touches for sure, over the years we have also pissed a lot of money away on absolute dross.

Not saying Sanchez is of course, however will we get value on a £60m transfer fee and £250-£300k per week? Not sure myself, should we instead be looking for that new Sanchez/Hazard/Costa coming through?

Would love him to come, but if we become one of the clubs that start paying 250k plus per week for players, all of our better players will start demanding more. You have to draw the line somewhere and I would say 200k, what Hazard is on is our line, if Sanchez wants to come to Chelsea then he can get paid the same as Hazard. People can say all they want about Chelsea's money, or Man City's money, but Man U are the biggest offenders, Pogba's £300k per week and 90m is ridiculous. And what the Chinese leagues are paying is taking the p*ss. If this keeps happening a wage cap can't be far away.

But my god, can you imagine an attacking line of Costa, Hazard, Sanchez. That would rival MSN

18 months is a long time.. by then, it'd be a lil bit too late considering his age.. think the train has passed for this one.. 

If he doesn't sign then next summer would see the likes of PSG/Bayern/Juven etc come in for him and arsenal would much prefer selling him to those teams.. I think PSG is the likeliest option given his wage demand..

matt law telegraph

Alexis Sánchez’s latest tantrum that continued in the Arsenal dressing room after the 3-3 draw with Bournemouth has left a number of his team-mates fearing the forward will leave.

While some of the Arsenal players celebrated their comeback, Sánchez displayed his displeasure at the result and the performance by throwing his gloves to the floor and storming down the tunnel without acknowledging anybody.

The 28-year-old’s dark mood continued in the dressing room, as it is understood he continued to ignore his Arsenal colleagues and show his anger. One source claimed the Chile international had “a face like thunder”. 

Sánchez has only 18 months remaining on his contract and is yet to sign a new deal amid plenty of interest from Europe and China. Manchester City and Chelsea are also monitoring his situation.

His latest meltdown has convinced a number of Sánchez’s team-mates that he will not sign a new deal, no matter how much money the club throw at him.

2 hours ago, havelschayes said:

matt law telegraph

Alexis Sánchez’s latest tantrum that continued in the Arsenal dressing room after the 3-3 draw with Bournemouth has left a number of his team-mates fearing the forward will leave.

While some of the Arsenal players celebrated their comeback, Sánchez displayed his displeasure at the result and the performance by throwing his gloves to the floor and storming down the tunnel without acknowledging anybody.

The 28-year-old’s dark mood continued in the dressing room, as it is understood he continued to ignore his Arsenal colleagues and show his anger. One source claimed the Chile international had “a face like thunder”. 

Sánchez has only 18 months remaining on his contract and is yet to sign a new deal amid plenty of interest from Europe and China. Manchester City and Chelsea are also monitoring his situation.

His latest meltdown has convinced a number of Sánchez’s team-mates that he will not sign a new deal, no matter how much money the club throw at him.

Oh ffs, (not having a pop at you Havel) this journo sounds like he's making mountains out of molehills to me...so he looked a bit pissed off after drawing a game so that automatically equals him not signing a contract?...while he could clearly not go on to sign a new deal, this seems a case of 2+2 = 5 from someone in the media...crikey, looking moody after a dodgy result would mean a number of players up and down the country must be plotting their departure on a weekly basis

PloKoon13 and KonaKai Blue like this

We missed the moment to take the Sanchez. If we want him, we should have gotten him from Barcelona. Now its too late. Same goes for Vidal.

And on the right position i do think we need more of a James Rodriguez type of player. Its obvious we won`t get him too, but a guy with his qualities. A guy with a good last touch, good shot and a guy with a vision of the game. A guy with Couthino qualities will be perfect for that position. We need someone to build our game in the last part of the pitch.

Edited by brakeit

22 hours ago, brakeit said:

We missed the moment to take the Sanchez. If we want him, we should have gotten him from Barcelona. Now its too late. Same goes for Vidal.

And on the right position i do think we need more of a James Rodriguez type of player. Its obvious we won`t get him too, but a guy with his qualities. A guy with a good last touch, good shot and a guy with a vision of the game. A guy with Couthino qualities will be perfect for that position. We need someone to build our game in the last part of the pitch.

Why is it too late ? He's just turned 28 and is at his peak. It's not like years ago now, players can stay at their peak well into their 30's. If we were to get Sanchez (and i'm quite sure we won't) then we could still have him at his best for another 4 or 5 years, i think that would be worth it.

If arsenal miss out CL next season then the chance is not that far fetched. They may not require the money now like before but they still operate as in business prototype, it's in their blood..

Next summer, sanchez would only have 6 months left in his contract and I believe he would want to leave if arsenal doesn't have CL, 40mils is almost equivalent to the winning prize money of CL triumph.. That would play in their mind.. A bid should definitely be made.. nothing to lose..

3 minutes ago, evissy said:

Probably a bit easier to make your mark when there is no competition. Oh no sorry I forgot Walcott who is said to become good any day now. Not that easy to take Eden's or Willy's spot.

Well, now he is paying the price, I suppose.

Ultimately no one knows why he went there, but Sanchez being set on Arsenal above anyone else certainly wasn't my first thought.

On 1/7/2017 at 02:46, PythonLu said:

I am still wondering why we even let him join Arsenal. Probably one of our biggest mistakes. 

Nope! The other way around. It's his biggest mistake.