Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

jamie#8

Alexis Sanchez

Worth to start pursuing after yesterdays results in the CL.

He's going to be easy to tempt right now I would guess just looking at his reactions yesterday and also after our game, playing with a bunch of guys not at his level.

Would make us really strong offensively. 

29 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Worth to start pursuing after yesterdays results in the CL.

He's going to be easy to tempt right now I would guess just looking at his reactions yesterday and also after our game, playing with a bunch of guys not at his level.

Would make us really strong offensively. 

Easy to tempt perhaps, but we won't be the only club interested. Can't see us signing him unless Hazard leaves. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Bayern.

Edited by the special one

Hazard, Costa, and Sanchez would be a brilliant attacking line up. 

I think we can tempt Sanchez, he may want to stay in London, we can meet his wage demands, and we can guarantee trophies, not to mention working along side one of the best coaches in world football. 

Only thing that puts me off is that he's 28 already, but seeing as Robben is 33 and can still produce magic, then I think Sanchez could have longetivity. He doesn't seem to get injured that much either. 

6 hours ago, Theafonis said:

Hazard, Costa, and Sanchez would be a brilliant attacking line up. 

I think we can tempt Sanchez, he may want to stay in London, we can meet his wage demands, and we can guarantee trophies, not to mention working along side one of the best coaches in world football. 

Only thing that puts me off is that he's 28 already, but seeing as Robben is 33 and can still produce magic, then I think Sanchez could have longetivity. He doesn't seem to get injured that much either. 

28 is still relatively young. He has another 4 years at the top and with his fitness so good and he keeps himself in good condition, he will show no signs of declining until he is around 33 imo.

Whether he joins us is a big unknown, but he's definitely leaving Arsenal unless something crazy happens in the next few months. He seems to be the very few players in that team actually cared about losing, most of them just shrug off and move on. His age is no issue, Pedro just had his best season at 30. His movement and work rate are exceptional, not even talking about his shooting ability.

We'd be silly not to bid him if he's on the market.

10 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Whether he joins us is a big unknown, but he's definitely leaving Arsenal unless something crazy happens in the next few months. He seems to be the very few players in that team actually cared about losing, most of them just shrug off and move on. His age is no issue, Pedro just had his best season at 30. His movement and work rate are exceptional, not even talking about his shooting ability.

We'd be silly not to bid him if he's on the market.

Pedro is 29 mate. And still will be when the season finishes. All good :JC_doubleup:

ashwin likes this

Just imagine the uproar though if Wenger signs a new contract and then sells Arsenal's best player to Chelsea! 

Realistically for us to have any chance of getting him, Arsenal will need to get a new manager, and we have to hope that new manager will be willing to let Sanchez go and Sanchez will have to do everything in his power to force the move.

Yeah, I was a bit concerned when I saw he is 28, but Messi is 29, Ronaldo is 32, Robben is 33, so age isn't everything. We don't have to fill a position for 10 years. If Sanchez can come in and be very good for us for 2-3 years, that'd be enough. 

Hazard - Aguero - Sanchez ::ChELSeAFaN::

Edited by PythonLu

5 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Fans in Chile have started a march to have him leave Arsenal, lol

I hear Arsenal fans have done the same for Wenger. 

It was followed by a march of Chelsea fans asking for him to stay.

Jezz, ashwin, STATS and 6 others like this

Don't normally sympathise with player power and anyone thinking they're bigger than the club...but in Sanchez's case, I actually don't really blame him for kicking off...he's been putting a shift in week after week, playing well and has to watch the shower of sh*t that is the rest of the side underperform...he's not going to win any major trophies and not only that, suffers one humiliating defeat after another because of the inept management of the club. Doubt he will end up at chelsea, sounds like wages will be huge 

1 hour ago, The Brit said:

Don't normally sympathise with player power and anyone thinking they're bigger than the club...but in Sanchez's case, I actually don't really blame him for kicking off...he's been putting a shift in week after week, playing well and has to watch the shower of sh*t that is the rest of the side underperform...he's not going to win any major trophies and not only that, suffers one humiliating defeat after another because of the inept management of the club. Doubt he will end up at chelsea, sounds like wages will be huge 

Love to have him, wages won't be a problem...Arsenal are hardly one of the top payers.  Many world class teams will be in for him; I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at United or heads to one of the top European sides....definitely not China......imagine winning a trophy that has 'Made in China' on the bottom :ohmy:

Wenger sold RVP to United, so there's the precedent to sell to a rival. If, and a big if that Sanchez wants to join Chelsea, it will happen. There's no way Wenger and Jose will do business, Pep got plenty of players in that area, Spurs won't be able to afford Sanchez even if they are keen, and I aren't going to speculate Klopp signing Sanchez.

14 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

If he does want out, we should do everything we can to sign him. Even if Arsenal don't want to sell him to us, we should at least try. Give them something to think about.

tap him up :wink:

41 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

The poll is saying that 86% expect him to leave.

I know we're predominantly after defenders and midfielders right now, but it's these orthogonal priorities on our part that allowed him to join Arsenal in the first place. With all the money made in the Oscar deal and the new Nike contract kicking in soon, we might be able to pull this one off despite the money that we'll pay for Koulibaly and whatever midfielder we'll go for.

12 minutes ago, PythonLu said:

The poll is saying that 86% expect him to leave.

I know we're predominantly after defenders and midfielders right now, but it's these orthogonal priorities on our part that allowed him to join Arsenal in the first place. With all the money made in the Oscar deal and the new Nike contract kicking in soon, we might be able to pull this one off despite the money that we'll pay for Koulibaly and whatever midfielder we'll go for.

A front three of Hazard - Costa - Sanchez would be the best in the league by far.