Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

mad_mac

Youth Cup

117 posts in this topic

Currently thumping Cardiff 5-0

was only 1-0 at the half

Ha ha just my luck, I watched the first half and had to go out, was a pretty poor half. Sounds like the 2nd half was a cracker

Lets just say Chelsea had no heart or passion in this game. Cardiff did but were poor footballers. Chelsea very weak in the middle of the park. Jody had a plan b and sorted it.

Now the game against Zagreb we were really really poor. Van kingle let him go had no desire to play other than for 2 mins at most. The manager has no plan b, if only Zola was in charge of the older kids, still to late now.

Jody is ideal for the under 18s , though please get a Chelsea side that has passion.........

Mason Mount is a real talent. Scored a hattirck tonight and all quality goals. Can use both feet to perfection as witness tonight and has been impressing me for months now. Can go on to be a top class talent if he remains level headed and fulfils his potential. Brilliant.

11 hours ago, STATS said:

Mason Mount is a real talent. Scored a hattirck tonight and all quality goals. Can use both feet to perfection as witness tonight and has been impressing me for months now. Can go on to be a top class talent if he remains level headed and fulfils his potential. Brilliant.

Damn I forgot we were playing last night. 

5-0 sounds pretty convincing although it will still be a tough task to go on and lift the trophy again for the fourth season on the trot (and 5 in 6!).

Do like the look of Mount but won't get carried away just yet - have been there before!!

13 hours ago, STATS said:

He's great technically, but does he have the physical tools to succeed? He looks so tiny... Also how's his pace?

12 hours ago, Nibs said:

Damn I forgot we were playing last night. 

5-0 sounds pretty convincing although it will still be a tough task to go on and lift the trophy again for the fourth season on the trot (and 5 in 6!).

Do like the look of Mount but won't get carried away just yet - have been there before!!

He is not even a striker. But yeah, that is important but technically, he is one of the rear talents that England have. Watching the highlights again. Simply brilliant goals. His technical ability is outstanding. Can't even tell which is his preferred foot.

Regarding the FAYC, hopefully. City will be the closest challengers. They are blessed with talent.

9 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

He's great technically, but does he have the physical tools to succeed? He looks so tiny... Also how's his pace?

He is far from tiny. I checked in my Chelsea handbook. Lists him at 5ft 10. So around average height. Slim but not too slim. As he gets older you would think he will bulk up. Pace wise, not outstanding but not many no.10s are blistering pace. He has everything else technically  and is not a slouch.

Nibs and True Blue23 like this

Another comfortable win last night - 4-0 against Sheffield Wednesday. Mason Mount scored another and is looking a stand-out prospect at the moment.

We now face Middlesbrough or Leicester in the 6th round.

nominator, Jezz and STATS like this

There doesn't seem to be as much interest in the Youth Cup this year?

Anyway, we beat Leicester 1-0 last night in a very tight game (Ugbo with the headed winner) and are the first team to go through to the semi-finals. 

::clap2::

Jezz, nominator, ashwin and 1 other like this

4 hours ago, Nibs said:

There doesn't seem to be as much interest in the Youth Cup this year?

Anyway, we beat Leicester 1-0 last night in a very tight game (Ugbo with the headed winner) and are the first team to go through to the semi-finals. 

::clap2::

For a record-equaling 8th consecutive season. That is simply brilliant ::clap2::

15 minutes ago, STATS said:

For a record-equaling 8th consecutive season. That is simply brilliant ::clap2::

It is quite some record. The only trouble is, every season we will get slated by the media (perhaps rightly so) for keep doing so well at Youth level and yet none of them break into the first team squad. Adrian Durham will be preparing a whole show on it as we speak! But I think that may be finally changing now we have Conte.

4 minutes ago, Nibs said:

It is quite some record. The only trouble is, every season we will get slated by the media (perhaps rightly so) for keep doing so well at Youth level and yet none of them break into the first team squad. Adrian Durham will be preparing a whole show on it as we speak! But I think that may be finally changing now we have Conte.

It is true and as good as the tradition has continued within the youth teams in the cup, I don't think our youth team will ever have the plethora of talent it did a couple to three seasons ago when we had the likes of Boga, Musonda, Brown, Solanke, Abraham, Palmer, Colkett and RLC all in one team. Palmer, Abraham and Brown are really kicking on at the moment but such is the talent we had is that sometimes Brown, Abraham, Boga, Musonda even and especially Palmer were regular subs or rotational players. Palmer really kicked on from last season though and stepped up in Boga's, Brown and Musonda's absence. Abraham is destroying the championship and Boga who has long been a favourite of time desperately needs a better team.

Maybe that is why their is not as much interest because although there are some talents in this team the class we had in the youth cup run 2-3 seasons was special.

Quarter Finals:

• Leicester 0-1 Chelsea
  • Newcastle v Tottenham
  • Preston v Stoke
  • Aston Villa v Manchester City

Can anyone please advise as to how you get into the reserve games at Cobham or is it Chobham ? I have followed e kids for the last 4 years every game at Aldershot. It seems behind.  Closed doors when not at Aldershot.

Such a shame as it is my only chance of seeing my beloved Chelsea as tourists and yuppies seem to get first dibs on tickets for first team games.

Watched under 23s yesterday lose to a far superior Man City side that had pace we could not cope with. Under 18s lookstrong and have a bit of passion. Under 23s weak in the middle of midfield. There saving grace is Charley Masounda, now if you could motivate him for 90 minutes what a player.

Not sure the under 23 manager is the right man. He can not teach him passion to be Chelsea, simply cause he aint Chelsea.

On 20/02/2017 at 21:11, Zeta said:

Youngsters won 13-0 the other day against Brighton.

And the Brighton squad isn't even that bad had something like an 8 game unbeaten streak before that game.

It just shows how good coaching and management at youth levels really makes a huge difference.

I agree, 13-0 is a great result, under 18s run and managed by a good old Chelsea boy Jody Morris......now the under 23s are ok but not in the class of Man City or the European teams we played this year, the manager is not Chelsea. Does not know what the passion about Chelsea is, should be someone with Chelsea in the blood.

15 hours ago, Londons Finest said:

I agree, 13-0 is a great result, under 18s run and managed by a good old Chelsea boy Jody Morris......now the under 23s are ok but not in the class of Man City or the European teams we played this year, the manager is not Chelsea. Does not know what the passion about Chelsea is, should be someone with Chelsea in the blood.

Well that's a bit harsh.

We are reigning back to back champions at under 23 level and the only reason we aren't defending our title is because our first team didn't qualify.

We also have three or four players under 23 regularly in the first team squad this season, a squad that is on top of the table.  I'm sure we would be more than competitive if not contenders.