Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

mad_mac

Youth Cup

61 posts in this topic

Hope to see both Castillo and Sterling give Moses and Alonso some competition at wing back, if we can get the league wrapped up who knows these boys may get a debut.

Absolutely amazing performance from the young guys, there's some scarily good prospects in that team. Some of these guys really should make it.

The thought of having the Chalobah brothers playing through our spine for years to come really excites me!

fancy Stoke in the final after today's game - I wonder what their youth version of Shawcross is like :laugh2:

Great win, good to see us play a similar game at youth team to the seniors. Castillo looks a player. 

Jody needs to brush up on his celebrating, a lesson from the boss is required.

Sexyfootball likes this

Thought Jacob Maddox was excellent in the middle of the park today. Always seemed to have plenty of time and always looked to play a positive pass.

The Dutch lad Castillo at left wing back was the other stand out for me. Took his goal very well indeed.

Backbiter likes this

51 minutes ago, dkw said:

Castillo looks a prospect, signed from Ajax apparently. This has been an enjoyable demolition, can't wait to see Jody Morris take over from Conte in 4 or 5 years....

who would have thought morris would be such a good coach. it seems it's always the average players who turn out to be impressive coaches. 

Sexyfootball and dkw like this

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Castillo looks a prospect, signed from Ajax apparently. This has been an enjoyable demolition, can't wait to see Jody Morris take over from Conte in 4 or 5 years....

Im not one for demanding youth to play but if we only manage to sign one wingback this summer should we have him as 4th choice switching between first team and reserve? Also i wouldn't be against Mount getting Josh 10/11 type minutes next term either.

Just saw the result. It's great that the lads are through again, and even better that they walloped Spurs in the process

Castillo was excellent ,as were the team in general. For a first visit inside the ground for my boy ,he picked a pretty decent game ! Let's hope every future game he sees  against that lot ends the same ! :-) 

Nibs and ashwin like this