Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Barrettinator

Virgil Van Dijk

143 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Ake not good enough yet and Andreas wouldn't put Garry out the team at the moment, since it's not our money but Romans if spend it if we want to be elite, especially as oscar is going to net us 50-60 mil 

Ake as a squad player is brilliant. In my opinion, thats how we can integrate any youth. We all know Ake is so talented and he is showing it on his loan. Atleast deserves a chance here.

Andreas would be one of our first priorities if he was not already a chelsea player. He is a 20 year old CB who has already established himself as a first teamer in a top german club playing in CL.

For me, its not about the money but actually about the youth players who deserve the chance to play for the club on merit rather than the club always looking to buy.

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Ake as a squad player is brilliant. In my opinion, thats how we can integrate any youth. We all know Ake is so talented and he is showing it on his loan. Atleast deserves a chance here.

Andreas would be one of our first priorities if he was not already a chelsea player. He is a 20 year old CB who has already established himself as a first teamer in a top german club playing in CL.

For me, its not about the money but actually about the youth players who deserve the chance to play for the club on merit rather than the club always looking to buy.

Romantic but we are an elite club first and a youth development club second, we need to win things and challenge for the CL every year, we aren't Southampton, Andreas isn't elite level yet, Virgil VD is quite a lot better at this point 

9 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Romantic but we are an elite club first and a youth development club second, we need to win things and challenge for the CL every year, we aren't Southampton, Andreas isn't elite level yet, Virgil VD is quite a lot better at this point 

Elite level was not reached with Barca in one day. Bayern went without a league for a couple of years in a 2 horse league so that they could get their core established with players like alaba, muller, kroos.

Moreover andreas has a much much higher ceiling than van djik. Even at 20 and 25 respectively, its debatable who is better.

But i think Van Dijk is the current flavour of the month.

7 hours ago, didierforever said:

Elite level was not reached with Barca in one day. Bayern went without a league for a couple of years in a 2 horse league so that they could get their core established with players like alaba, muller, kroos.

Moreover andreas has a much much higher ceiling than van djik. Even at 20 and 25 respectively, its debatable who is better.

But i think Van Dijk is the current flavour of the month.

For me it's not debatable VVD is significantly better and proven in our league, he might be the flavour of the month but people have been saying how good he is for a while, for me he is the best CB in the league, at this time Andreas is certainly not, city and united both reportedly want VVD and he will go for 35-40 mil, neither of those would buy Andreas and he wouldn't go for much more than 20 as stands, Andreas is a solid player with big potential but we obviously rate zooms higher since we kept him and loaned Andreas out, yet zooms isn't as good as VVD like I said you're just being romantic mate, big clubs need to win today, if youth is good enough they will get their chance, we act like all top clubs are fielding youth squads, they do what we do bring them on as subs occasionally and see if they can cut it, too much money and too competitive to field youth it's not the 90's mate, different era 

Edited by DonAntonio

Just now, DonAntonio said:

For me it's not debatable VVD is significantly better and proven in our league, he might be the flavour of the month but people have been saying how good he is for a while, for me he is the best CB in the league, at this time Andreas is certainly not 

How do you expect Andreas to be proven in the league when he has been playing in bundesliga and CL for the last 2 years something which Van djik has not done.

Best CB in the league? Seriously? well, I am more than fine with having one of the best CB talents in the world. 

2 minutes ago, didierforever said:

How do you expect Andreas to be proven in the league when he has been playing in bundesliga and CL for the last 2 years something which Van djik has not done.

Best CB in the league? Seriously? well, I am more than fine with having one of the best CB talents in the world. 

Yes seriously who is better than VVD in the league? Have you even watched him play? http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/02/liverpool-target-virgil-van-dijk-is-the-best-defender-in-the-premier-league-says-southampton-legend-matt-le-tissier-6297093/    You will find 20 articles like that from ex players and managers...they might know what they are talking about 

8 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Yes seriously who is better than VVD in the league? Have you even watched him play? http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/02/liverpool-target-virgil-van-dijk-is-the-best-defender-in-the-premier-league-says-southampton-legend-matt-le-tissier-6297093/    You will find 20 articles like that from ex players and managers...they might know what they are talking about 

Kos, Luiz, Komapany (when fit)

Did not these same people think that Stones was the best CB in the league last year?

The same people who last season thought that Vardy and Mahrez were the best thing since sliced bread? Yes, I am sure they know what they are talking about.

VVD is playing for SOTON, wanted (apparently) by top PL clubs. Andreas (at an age of 20) is playing for Monchengladbach and wanted (apparently) by Barca and bayern

Edited by didierforever

I think he is right though, he watches him week in week out to so i respect his opinion. Its not like he goes around saying Fraser Forster is the best GK in the prem and Bertrand is the best LB in the prem etc. Go on the saints forum and they also talk very highly of him, He is definitely in the top 5 for sure.

DonAntonio likes this

13 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

I think he is right though, he watches him week in week out to so i respect his opinion. Its not like he goes around saying Fraser Forster is the best GK in the prem and Bertrand is the best LB in the prem etc. Go on the saints forum and they also talk very highly of him, He is definitely in the top 5 for sure.

Not top 5 but definitely top 10. Le tiss is massively biased though, not that it's a problem but I wouldn't use him as an argument. Hes as bad as Charlie Nicholas :laugh2:

This guy is good, but when we have a solid trio already, and two excellent young options in Zouma and Christensen I don't think this would be a necessary buy. Never the less, if we did get him I wouldn't complain.

didierforever likes this

Sorry but do we really need VVD? We have Zuma to come back. Some people have short memories and look for flavours of the month.  VVD is impressive but really!

didierforever likes this

13 hours ago, ronin said:

Sorry but do we really need VVD? We have Zuma to come back. Some people have short memories and look for flavours of the month.  VVD is impressive but really!

Again main point being missed, WE NEED a ball playing CB watch the Tottenham game, in a Back 3 you have to be able to play out from the back, you see the same vunerability with city,  I love zouma but he isn't good on the ball neither is Dave we need a ball playing CB to improve against  teams that press high 

Paccbet likes this

On 17/12/2016 at 12:21, didierforever said:

Kos, Luiz, Komapany (when fit)

Did not these same people think that Stones was the best CB in the league last year?

The same people who last season thought that Vardy and Mahrez were the best thing since sliced bread? Yes, I am sure they know what they are talking about.

VVD is playing for SOTON, wanted (apparently) by top PL clubs. Andreas (at an age of 20) is playing for Monchengladbach and wanted (apparently) by Barca and bayern

That's funny when I was saying luiz had world class talent and would be a top player under conte and that he had matured I got the same resistance go back the thread is there, and now he is the best in the league according to you, I'm telling you VVD is the best CB in the league my mate was training to scout for us for Scotland and the north I've been to a Celtic game with him when VVD was playing, i haven't just read a Matt letissier piece and I'm sold, but again an ex pro  knows less that you and we shouldn't listen to anyone on this forum because we are Chelsea supporters and therefore bias....he is not the only one saying it I just sent the first article on a google search, I promise you next year it will be established he is a top PL CB and at a big club, I guarantee it, I also guarantee Christensen won't be starting for us in 2017, just revisit this. 

I'd be happy if we signed VVD, just because the back 3 is working this year doesn't mean it will next year. In JT's absence VVD would give us the option of reverting to a back 4 again next season.

I really don't think we should temper with the settled back line now, when was the last time we have witnessed a defence only let in 2 goals in 11 games? Next season, maybe, but I think he will be sold in 2 weeks time.

10 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I really don't think we should temper with the settled back line now, when was the last time we have witnessed a defence only let in 2 goals in 11 games? Next season, maybe, but I think he will be sold in 2 weeks time.

VVD wouldn't go straight into the first team, Conte would have him get used to our system first and ease him into it. We are just a injury away on Moses, Azpilicueta, Cahill and David Luiz before we wish we had someone like VVD as our backup.

DonAntonio likes this

On 12/18/2016 at 22:12, comtrend said:

VVD wouldn't go straight into the first team, Conte would have him get used to our system first and ease him into it. We are just a injury away on Moses, Azpilicueta, Cahill and David Luiz before we wish we had someone like VVD as our backup.

I agree with the argument regarding our lack of depth. We could use another quality defender like VVD and possibly another midfielder. With that Koulibaly money and the 52m for Oscar we should certainly see some activity in January, I hope.

I'm sure there's other centre backs out there as good as this lad who wouldn't cost the £30/40m being quoted.

I just can't see us spending that sort of money on a relatively untested player. 

Krc-fan and DidierDrogbalala like this

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I'm sure there's other centre backs out there as good as this lad who wouldn't cost the £30/40m being quoted.

I just can't see us spending that sort of money on a relatively untested player. 

VVD is untested??

city bound i think, some reports saying he wants to play for pep (for some reason) even fraudiola has admitted to the press last week he can't get him in january because little time for negotiation

think is he's not worth 50 million but who is these days. Not sure how would work in that man city system though. However they need defenders thats for sure.

7 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

VVD is untested??

25 years old, just one and a half seasons played in a top league, no champions league experience, only twelve caps for his national team having not played at any finals.

As I say for the transfer fee being quoted you'd expect a player to check a few of those boxes. Just don't think he's worth it personally.