Virgil Van Dijk

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Liverpool definitely running scared. Th I didn't want van dijk, but winding the Scousers up by stealing the only player in recent memory to choose Liverpool over chelsea, would be worth the £60m alone. 

I wouldn't be surprised if soton dig their heels in over this one, he still has 4 years left on his contract, they have just spent the last 6 months nursing him back to fitness, and they probably think that money will still be on offer next season. 

Everton took a similar stance over Stones, and they managed to get an extra year out him, and their valuation was subsequently met by city. 

Gone are the days when prem teams just roll over and let their best players go. It's probably why we have had to wait 12 months for Lukaku. 

40 minutes ago, dkw said:

So if they've been caught bang to rights, why aren't they being done for it?

Surely they have to be now. They have pretty much admitted their guilt without actually saying it. It was only a few months ago they were banned from signing any academy players because they broke the rules, now they have been caught out breaking the rules again.

I think the tapping up rule is bullsh*t by the way, i don't personally see anything wrong with it, but the rules are the rules and if you get caught then you have to face the consequences. Liverpool are so stupid to break transfer rules again so soon and if they aren't given some sort of ban then i don't see how the F.A can hand out transfer bans ever again.

1 minute ago, doctorblue said:

Sky are reporting that FA are unlikely to get further involved as The Dippers have ended their interest in the player...you bet your sweet FA we wouldn't be treated as lightly...

That is ridiculous. If they didn't get caught then they would have gone through with it. How will letting them off set an example ? All it is saying to Liverpool is that if they want to do this again, then don't get caught.

12 hours ago, big blue said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4596209.stm

I don't see Liverpool getting anything more than we got. I just think soton are sick of them signing their players, it is becoming a little ridiculous. 

They should just stop accepting their bids, I'd laugh because liverpool would then have to try and scout players from another club for once

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we are getting things moving I'm a huge VVD proponent I think he would be next level for us but him for 68 million euros or koulibaly for 60 million euros, tough choice for me I like them both, maybe go with VVD for PL experience the Italian league is much slower although player vs player I think koulibaly is almost world class, been watching him a bit this season he is top notch.

68 mil Euros is a lot of money for s player that was at Celtic 2 years ago, Southampton shouldn't say no. If this gets done and the Bako deal is done, that's 2 good signings,  I rate bakayoko more than most here seem to, add Sandro and we are very solid, no rwb may spell a back 4 though. If we can add a top forward I think that would be a very good window.