Virgil Van Dijk

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Even when deemed fit after ACL it will take him a while to get into gear.

I cannot see who goes out of the starting line up if we buy this guy, and there is no way he comes without walking into a team.  All three at the back deserve to keep their spot.  Moses also deserves his spot, so couldn't just move Dave there.

I miss you here

33 minutes ago, Jus4abit said:

Optimistim. I like it.

Ha. It was a bit tongue in cheek, stirring up the doom merchants.  I'm a lot more optimistic than most on here, I personally think we have a good chance of getting all 3 plus a couple of others.  You've gotta say we've got just as much chance as anyone else in getting 2 of them.

He is a good player from what i have seen. On top of that if we got him it would stop one of our biggest title rivals (City/Liverpool) from getting him. Out of all the players we are getting linked with, This one is the one i want the most.

Here we're plotting a £50m big for Van Dijk (Source: Mirror)
I like the player, but I still rate Christensen highly and I want to keep Zouma when he comes back.
If only we'd use those fund for a player like Alex Sandro or a centre-midfielder

16 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

I like the player, but I still rate Christensen highly and I want to keep Zouma when he comes back.
If only we'd use those fund for a player like Alex Sandro or a centre-midfielder

If we have that sort of money use it on Fabinho or A. Sandro or even a RF/RM We have a good amount of CB already if the board is so adamant on pennypinching that is.

We have more pressing needs at CM, RWB and RF.

Alonso was good the last game but either we improve on him or we improve someplace else on the pitch that can help our attack more than our defence. We can have all the ballplaying CBs we want but if we don't have people that can capitalize on that then we're not really moving forward at all

23 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

We are not getting Sandro, buying VVD doesn't stop us buying a central midfielder, we have plenty of money.

1 minute ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

If this blocks Andreas from playing regularly wtf are we doing? Hooefully it keeps Gaz and Rudiger from playing every week

Got no problem with Rudiger. He looks solid and he still has potential to grow a lot under Conte. Cahill will never ever be better than he is now and he's bang average right now. He's already 31, isn't he?

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

Got no problem with Rudiger. He looks solid and he still has potential to grow a lot under Conte. Cahill will never ever be better than he is now and he's bang average right now. He's already 31, isn't he?

Like you said he has potential but he's not there yet and I thought he did a pretty poor job defending corners and FKs. It's hard to judge the rest given we played a man down virtually the entire match but he did look comfortable going forward.

Luiz is getting up there in age and unlike JT at his age relies on his physical tools to cover his mistakes so I don't see him aging as gracefully. 2 of the 3 could be set for a long time if we play our cards right with Andreas and Rudiger but they aren't there yet. I'm all for an upgrade right now. 

7 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

If this blocks Andreas from playing regularly wtf are we doing? Hooefully it keeps Gaz and Rudiger from playing every week

Were writing rudiger of after a game are we?

48 minutes ago, dkw said:

Were writing rudiger of after a game are we?

Some people have already written off half the team after one game. These are the same people you see getting up out of their seats with 10 minutes to go.

2 hours ago, coco said:

Some people have already written off half the team after one game. These are the same people you see getting up out of their seats with 10 minutes to go.

Nothing bugs me more than people leaving early. Win or lose you stay to the end and support your team. Imagine how bad it is for player morale seeing your supporters f**k off when you're down by 2 goals in the 85th minute. 

17 minutes ago, the special one said:

Would still take VVD even if it means Rudiger displaces Azpi and VVD displaces Cahill

Rudiger/Azpi - Luiz/Christensen - van Dijk/Cahill

I think VVD may be one of the missing pieces in the jigsaw that could allow us to play with a back 4 once again.

No way Conte is going back to a back four. It took time to perfection this set up, why would he throw the whole thing overboard again just so he can buy VVD ?

18 minutes ago, Geert The Flyer said:

No way Conte is going back to a back four. It took time to perfection this set up, why would he throw the whole thing overboard again just so he can buy VVD ?

He said allow not revert...the option is good for some games