Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Ballack & Blu

What do we need to tweak this Squad (Jan)

72 posts in this topic

Ideally a wing back, winger and midfielder.

Sandro

Sanchez

Veratti

Of course it's highly unlikely any of those would come off but that's what I think would take us to the next level. CB area I think we will be fine with, we have Zouma and Christensen (next season) to come in.

11 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Ideally a wing back, winger and midfielder.

Sandro

Sanchez

Veratti

I very much agree with this.

Also think its highly unlikely to get any of those but if we want to actually compete in next seasons CL we need reinforcements at that level for me. Especially when we will want to compete for the league at the same time clearly.

I believe Conte would agree with us as well. A midfield two of Kante and Matic is not very suited for CL-football for me.

Chelsbear likes this

A top quality wing back or 2.

A commanding force in the centre of midfield.

Don't know if we'll get them in Jan though, might be in the summer. But I think we need to bring some extra quality in this window to ensure we don't rest on our laurels.

DonAntonio and Chelsbear like this

2 minutes ago, Zeta Orionis said:

A top quality wing back or 2.

A commanding force in the centre of midfield.

Don't know if we'll get them in Jan though, might be in the summer. But I think we need to bring some extra quality in this window to ensure we don't rest on our laurels.

That's key for me. 

We saw after our last title win that sitting back and not strengthening in the summer came back to bite us majorly.

I'm sure we wont make the same mistake again though.

DonAntonio likes this

We should really go for verratti either now or in summer

Imagine a midfield of kante and verratti,it'd be like having 4 dms

There is a report from Le Parisien today that there is a big bid from us for Bakayoko incoming. He is a wonderful player and a real physical force with proper technique and good passing.

Will be expensive but i think he would be great for us.

Playmaker in the middle of the park and better defenders, we have 5 defenders only 2 are top drawer, the others are doing a good job but a VVD In at RCB move dave to RwB and a quality left back that bombs forward in this system would make us almost unplayable 

7 hours ago, Sindre said:

I very much agree with this.

Also think its highly unlikely to get any of those but if we want to actually compete in next seasons CL we need reinforcements at that level for me. Especially when we will want to compete for the league at the same time clearly.

I believe Conte would agree with us as well. A midfield two of Kante and Matic is not very suited for CL-football for me.

I think we need to have the option to switch between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3. Verratti, Matic, Kante and Fabregas would give us alot of good options in central midfield, while Costa, Hazard and Sanchez/Dybala/Griezmann etc can play both formations as well.

We need some muscle in Midfield old stool Essien type, Wanyama had players bouncing of him wednesday night...

Completely agree with powerful centre mid such as Kessie from Atlanta or Bakayoko who would fill that. Veratti a little optimistic and very expensive.

reckon Ake can fill LWB but another RWB would be good.

Also in terms of outs and maybe a little optimistic but what about Zouma and Loftus to Bournemouth for the rest of the season if we could work it?

they play counter attacking football and we know they need a centre back whose comfortable on the ball and Zouma could use the game time and further Prem experience and would slot in to their team instead of Ake and gives them time to replace him in the summer.

Loftus is just a guess but would rather him their than Newcastle. We must all admit Wilshere has looked since he went to Bournemouth and I reckon Loftus would like Howe's tactics.

Also completely off topic but has Solanke's contract been sorted out? and if it has or hasn't.... why?

I don't see Bournmouth wanting or needing RLC though, his best bet is a championship side IMO.

Hmmm suppose that's true... Zouma would be a good idea I reckon though .. he wont get ahead of the normal back three at the moment ... and Ake has come back to get game time whilst Terry, Ivanovic and Aina would fight it out for the other spots.

8 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

I don't see Bournmouth wanting or needing RLC though, his best bet is a championship side IMO.

Read the other day Monaco looking at him for a loan, which if true, may open the way for us to take Bakayoko off their hands. 

At some point, I think back up for Willian is vital, of coarse you can play Moses in that position, but that isn't ideal and it also involves playing Aina or Ivan at RWB at the moment, I know you could play Musonda, but he's more of an attacking midfielder. Anyone got any ideas? I'm not exactly clued up on Right wingers.

Payer, super player, we should whack 25 million on the table, +Free kicks sorted!!!

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Payer, super player, we should whack 25 million on the table, +Free kicks sorted!!!

Think he wants out of England to go back to France 

I'd prefer a player who not only scores free kicks, but also runs around a little bit.

Malbranque > Payet

Payet wouldn't be a bad short term addition. It won't be cheap for a player near 30, but we got some $ to splash after the Oscar sale. If the paper was right he wanted to leave because he didn't enjoy London, would be ironic if he joins us, unless we allow him fly in/fly out every week.