Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

havelschayes

Tiémoué Bakayoko

2 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

Never seen him play.

Is he 'that' good?

He is.

he is a press resistant ball winner in midfield, who drives forward with the ball so well also. He makes players look silly when they try to press him as he keeps possession so well under pressure similar to Verratti, the complete opposite of Matic who we have seen panic and lose the balll so often when he gets pressed. 

Also simiar to Toure/Vieira a big strong CM, with good technique who runs past players with ease from midfield and playing alongside Kante would make us such a tough team to stop for anyone.

Whenever I see this guy mentioned, all I think of is Celestine Babayaro because of the surname!:laugh2:

Being serious now, I think a player of his quality needs to be considered before we can completely overlook him.

Edited by Jezz

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

I feel city will buy 3 Monaco players: Bakayoko, Sidibe and Fabinho. They need a B2B CM, and 2 attacking fullbacks.

we also need fullbacks. i have heard we're monitoring mendy though, who i think is better than sidibe, and ideal as we need a lb/lwb. i am still not entirely convinced bakayoko is not another matic. 

1 hour ago, enigma said:

we also need fullbacks. i have heard we're monitoring mendy though, who i think is better than sidibe, and ideal as we need a lb/lwb. i am still not entirely convinced bakayoko is not another matic. 

I honestly dont feel the need. Also I hope we dont buy any.

Alonso has been GREAT. We have a 21mil Baba and 7mil Kenedy. 

On the right, we have Moses as well Azpi. 

So i will be content if we dont buy an fullbacks. What we surely need is a 2nd striker as good as the first one so that costa is forced to focus solely on football and not street fighting. As well as a CM (verrati) who can company Kante.

alonso hasn't been great, but he's been solid. i think we can definitely upgrade him in the summer. he lacks pace, which is something we will need at wing back if we go up against teams with fast fullbacks and wingers

17 minutes ago, enigma said:

alonso hasn't been great, but he's been solid. i think we can definitely upgrade him in the summer. he lacks pace, which is something we will need at wing back if we go up against teams with fast fullbacks and wingers

Alonso has been the second best left back/wing back in the league this season behind Danny Rose. 

In the last few weeks he's played against the likes Rashford, Valencia, Ayew, Sanchez, Iwobi, Walcott, Firmino, Mane, Clyne and not once have I felt a lack of  blistering pace has been a problem for him. 

He's been really solid defensively and is making telling contributions going forward in pretty much every game, his delivery from crosses is markedly better than Moses' from the opposite flank.

Personally I see no reason based on his excellent debut season for us to consider replacing him for next season.  

dkw, Fendieta, Amputechture and 6 others like this

Naingolan or however you spell it has looked good for Roma this season and scores those midfield goals that would really help us against the lack the bus teams.

6 hours ago, didierforever said:

I honestly dont feel the need. Also I hope we dont buy any.

Alonso has been GREAT. We have a 21mil Baba and 7mil Kenedy. 

On the right, we have Moses as well Azpi. 

So i will be content if we dont buy an fullbacks. What we surely need is a 2nd striker as good as the first one so that costa is forced to focus solely on football and not street fighting. As well as a CM (verrati) who can company Kante.

We absolutely need at least one wingback. Baba makes Bosingwa look good, Kenedy doesn't have the patience in the game required for wingback and Azpi was questioned going forward as a fullback.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

We absolutely need at least one wingback. Baba makes Bosingwa look good, Kenedy doesn't have the patience in the game required for wingback and Azpi was questioned going forward as a fullback.

Florenzi for me, he's got everything, i know he's out this season with an injury but he's a top quality wingback, he's young, Conte knows him well from italy, wouldn't surprise me if we made a move for him. 

Argo likes this

16 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Guillem Balague‏ @GuillemBalague

Monaco's Bakayoko has agreed personal terms with Chelsea. Next step is for Chelsea to pay Monaco more than anybody else for the midfielder.

I really want us to sign him, but I Doubt we have agreed anything with him, why would he be speaking to other clubs right now when he has some big games for Monaco coming up? 

18 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Monaco's Bakayoko has agreed personal terms with Chelsea. Next step is for Chelsea to pay Monaco more than anybody else for the midfielder.

Wow, thats pretty interesting. Looks like the club are trying to secure deals early. Still the hurdle of agreeing a fee with Monaco ovbiously but its quite a step in the right direction.

Think Conte can turn him into a right beast. 

50 minutes ago, big blue said:

Can't see Monaco selling more than 1 or 2 of there players. They aren't exactly short of cash. 

I thought they were short of cash as their owner had closed his wallet?

8 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah, I don't think Monaco not selling would be a problem; their current system is based on finding new talent, then selling on for a profit believe. just look at their squad, all the most talked about players are young guys like Mbappé, Bernardo Silva, Lemar, Bakayoko, Sidibé, Mendy etc. They'll probably sell a handful and find a load more! Probably got them lined up already. Then the proceeds pay Falcao and Moutinhos wages :laugh2:

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Hadn't heard that before. Even so, I don't think anyone will be leaving for cheap, they managed to get £120m for James,  and martial. I still think they would more likely sell their biggest asset, maybe silva, rather than cash in on the 5 or 6 others that have all been linked with moves. 

I guess money talks though, so we will see. I would mbappe here. 

Not overly keen on bakayoko, I would prefer fabinho as he can also play right wing back. 

4 hours ago, abramovich said:

Also been reported to have made a bid to Monaco of 38m+5m by Equipe. Too far out from the summer for me to believe we've actually done it. It seems counterintuitive to make a bid now as it only tells them what the floor is.