Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

havelschayes

Tiémoué Bakayoko

20 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It looked like definite contact to me, it was a clip, if you give a foul for it then you have to give a penalty for it. 

I dont believe anyone is denying there being contact, Football is a contact support and that nudge certainly wasn't a foul nevermind a penalty.

The difference between awarding a foul outside the box and penalty I believe comes down to the benefit of doubt, officials could possibly call a foul based on assumption outside the box however in order to award a Penalty they have to be absolutely certain there was some sort of infringement. I seriously doubt that nudge would have been called a foul outside the box and I have further doubts on whether Torres would have gone down like he did outside the box.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

It looked like definite contact to me, it was a clip, if you give a foul for it then you have to give a penalty for it. 

It's a contact sport. Torres felt the contact and dived. He didn't give a foul for it, hence no pen.

The ref waved away plenty of 'dives' last night by both teams. Good on him.

I think with the blue blinkers off we would all be screaming for a penalty if the roles were reversed. Torres did make a meal of it but from behind it doesn't take much contact to the foot/ankle/leg to make another player lose their balance or throw them off their stride. He was nowhere near the ball, it was a tame but stupid foul and we got hugely lucky. What made it more idiotic was he made the challenge as he was heading out of the area. Even if this was not a foul, all he had to do was wait another second to tackle him outside of the area and remove any risk of a penalty. Simple inexperience/over exuberance in my opinion. Other than that in my opinion he had a decent game, great if you take into account the caliber of the opposition.

3:10 mins for replay

robdog, RIP Mourinho and Slojo like this

37 minutes ago, Kev123 said:

I think with the blue blinkers off we would all be screaming for a penalty if the roles were reversed. Torres did make a meal of it but from behind it doesn't take much contact to the foot/ankle/leg to make another player lose their balance or throw them off their stride. He was nowhere near the ball, it was a tame but stupid foul and we got hugely lucky. What made it more idiotic was he made the challenge as he was heading out of the area. Even if this was not a foul, all he had to do was wait another second to tackle him outside of the area and remove any risk of a penalty. Simple inexperience/over exuberance in my opinion. Other than that in my opinion he had a decent game, great if you take into account the caliber of the opposition.

3:10 mins for replay

I must admit, i gave a sigh of relief when the ref let that slide. However now i look it again i think the ref was absolutely right, yeah he had a little nibble, and it was unneccessary, but Torres went down with more or less no contact, he was clearly looking for the pen. Dive IMO. 

robdog likes this

It seemed Bakayoko was playing the deeper of our two CMs, with Kante pushing more forward. I wonder if that was by design or by choice? It makes sense away from home to a team like Atletico. 

Obviously we don't want to throttle his best asset but it shows great discipline from a young guy who is naturally accustomed to powering forward with the ball.

Chigzzer likes this