Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
havelschayes

Tiémoué Bakayoko

170 posts in this topic

The games I've seen him I thought he looked quite impressive but reading comments from people who've watched him more recently/regularly saying they prefer Matic. Well if that's the case avoid this lad at all costs, the last thing we need is another Matic.

Chelsbear likes this

7 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

The games I've seen him I thought he looked quite impressive but reading comments from people who've watched him more recently/regularly saying they prefer Matic. Well if that's the case avoid this lad at all costs, the last thing we need is another Matic.

Yeah agreed. We are desperate for an upgrade on Matic. 

EdinburghBlue likes this

17 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

If squawka is anything to go by Bakayoko is "better" defensively than (the understated and unjustifiably maligned) Matic, but Matic is (albeit marginally) "better" offensively. Bakayoko has a worryingly low possession score (but we don't know yet Conte's plans for him)

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#ligue_1/2016/2017/tiemoué_bakayoko/629/629/8197/134/p|premier_league/2016/2017/nemanja_matic/641/641/9284/0/p|serie_a/2016/2017/daniele_de_rossi/717/717/165/0/p#total_score/attack_score/defence_score/tackles_won#total

DDR + Matic for me :good2:

Edited by the special one

16/17 performance data
Bakayoko - 3 goals, 1 assist in 51 appearances - assist/goal every 12.75 games
Kante - 2 goals, 1 assist in 40 appearances - assist/goal every 13.33 games
Matic - 2 goals 9 assists in 39 appearances - assist/goal every 3.55 games
De Rossi - 4 goals, 6 assists in 39 appearances - assist/goal every 3.9 games

On that evidence it seems we'd be mugs to sign Bakayoko. Where will the goals come from lol

7 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

If Bakayoko is commanding it RLC would have. If RLC came through the Monaco academy i would put my house on him being a starter, but to much greater effect than Bakayoko. Clubs would be queuing up for him. Its the classic Chelsea syndrome of 'if they don't cost much, they ain't good enough'. 

And what makes you think that? Ruben is good with movement when the team have the ball but is average when he has it and dreadful when the opposition do. It's just too easy a cop out to say if he was at Monaco he would be commanding a great fee and outdoing what Bakayoko is. Are we going to say that with every youngster that doesn't play? before he shown himself as totally out of his depth at PL level similar was being said about Bamford, how do we know Ruben won't flop if he got a PL move?

11 minutes ago, the special one said:

16/17 performance data

On that evidence it seems we'd be mugs to sign Bakayoko

Now before anyone jumps on this i am not for one second saying Baka is going to end up as good, but that was the same argument being used by some who didn't want Modric in 2011.

the special one likes this

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

Now before anyone jumps on this i am not for one second saying Baka is going to end up as good, but that was the same argument being used by some who didn't want Modric in 2011.

Agree stats like that shouldn't be taken in a vacuum, it just makes me think if Kante/Bakayoko play together that's some heavy burden we're placing on our forwards/wing backs - where else do the goals come from? Tibo?

Argo likes this

48 minutes ago, Argo said:

If Bakayoko had the passing ability of Modric Id be all on board. He doesnt though, not even close

Argo and Scott Harris like this

19 hours ago, the special one said:

16/17 performance data

On that evidence it seems we'd be mugs to sign Bakayoko. Where will the goals come from lol

That evidence also makes Kante look like the worst player there, when in reality he's the best and one of the most important for us.. 

goal/assist data is not very useful for these players in these sort of postions

1 hour ago, JJP said:

That evidence also makes Kante look like the worst player there, when in reality he's the best and one of the most important for us.. 

goal/assist data is not very useful for these players in these sort of postions

Why on earth would anyone use goal/assist stats to base which dm is the better? 

yorkleyblue likes this

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

Exactly my point....

37 minutes ago, dkw said:

Presume you're referring to my post.

Did I say DDR is better than Kante? Or Bakayoko is better than Matic?

I suggest you read more carefully.

I simply inferred that the stats suggest Kante/Bakayoko can't be relied upon for goals/assists

1 minute ago, the special one said:

Presume you're referring to my post.

Did I say DDR is better than Kante?

I suggest you read more carefully.

I simply inferred that the stats suggest Kante/Bakayoko can't be relied upon for goals/assists

So, we shouldn't rely on our DM for goals/assists? f**k me, that`s genius, I think we`ve found our new Assistant manager lads, someone give Conte a ring....

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

So, we shouldn't rely on our DM for goals/assists? f**k me, that`s genius, I think we`ve found our new Assistant manager lads, someone give Conte a ring....

::clap2::

20 hours ago, Argo said:

And what makes you think that? Ruben is good with movement when the team have the ball but is average when he has it and dreadful when the opposition do. It's just too easy a cop out to say if he was at Monaco he would be commanding a great fee and outdoing what Bakayoko is. Are we going to say that with every youngster that doesn't play? before he shown himself as totally out of his depth at PL level similar was being said about Bamford, how do we know Ruben won't flop if he got a PL move?

Dreadful when the opposition have the ball. Debut at holding mid against an incredible Liverpool attack and kept a clean sheet and 100% tackle success. Hardly average with the ball either, from a central position he's one of the only players we have that can actually dribble with the ball. Anywhere else he would be getting first team minutes.

Unless we go for someone like Vidal or Veratti i'm not sure whats the point in buying in this area.

Im actually not a massive ruben fan, but i do like Chalobah, and with him, Kanté, Matic and Fàbregas we have plenty of options. 

Other areas need work first. 

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Dreadful when the opposition have the ball. Debut at holding mid against an incredible Liverpool attack and kept a clean sheet and 100% tackle success. 

He was also on of the main reason's City (in the 0-3 last season) managed to pick us apart on the counter with ease, time and time and time again. For all of Oscar's (numerous) flaws he had the off the ball intelligence from the number 10 position to prevent us getting sliced open though the middle on counter's repeatedly.

Hardly average with the ball either, from a central position he's one of the only players we have that can actually dribble with the ball. 

He doesn't do anywhere near enough with it, and his dribbling skills are overhyped because of one Yaya esque burst in the Uefa youth league nearly 3 years ago.

Anywhere else he would be getting first team minutes.

The exact same thing was said about Bamford, sometimes i feel we could one day have a youth player who can't kick a ball straight and the club would still be blamed for not "developing" him.

Edited by Argo

1 hour ago, Jackbuchanan said:

Unless we go for someone like Vidal or Veratti i'm not sure whats the point in buying in this area.

Im actually not a massive ruben fan, but i do like Chalobah, and with him, Kanté, Matic and Fàbregas we have plenty of options. 

Other areas need work first. 

Matic is poor. He's been a great servant but we need a far better replacement 

lchk likes this

Monaco just confirmed signing of tielemans, possibly to replace bakayoko.

I think tielemans is going to be top class, I wouldn't be surprised if he establishes himself as one of the best in world. Wish we would snapped him up instead. 

Tilemens moved there because he was a guaranteed starter. He had offers from England but knew at a top club here he'd probably not be a automatic starter. It's probably a good move for him as he will play in an exciting side and be involved in CL football with a team who can go far.

ive not seen too much of him but he's been hyped for a while now and is still very young at 19/20. I would have liked to have had him here but realistically he'd be facing some competition for places that he maybe felt would be too strong. 

The boy bakayoko I have seen and bar a sporadic few games he looks bang average and quite limited. Someone said a poorer version of Matic which is scary because we need a marked improvement on Matic so going backwards would be stupid. Whatever happens though I trust Conte to bring in the correct players despite my views on them as he's proved us all wrong before.

big blue likes this