Tiémoué Bakayoko

havelschayes
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Ernie_blue said:

Mikel only got over 30 league appearances in one season for Chelsea and that's when his favourite manager Hiddink come in. Looking through his league appearances i cant really see how he was consistently picked by numerous top tier managers. How many manager's have come into Chelsea and you can call top tier anyway? Scolari, Grant, Hiddink, AVB, Di Matteo, Benetiz, none of them are top tier. 

Well funny you forgot to mention a few managers yet managed to remember every single interim manager grabbed on short notice after a sacking :wink: 

The ones you do list still include those who have won the world cup, a few champion league winning managers, and I believe one who just came off an entire season unbeaten including lifting the Europa League. I didn't say all of them were top tier but many in that list were considered to be such when hired for CFC.

As for only appearing in more than 30 BPL matches in one season, that's one way to put it.  A more accurate representation would be that he literally featured in two thirds of the BPL games CFC played while he was here, not to mention over 60 Champions League appearances and over 50 domestic cup appearances.... yes, truly a player on the fringes :laugh2: 

PS, Since Roman came in CFC has been one of the most successful teams in England and, until recent years, one of Europe's best performers in the CL.  If you have to go back and rubbish the managers who helped all this to prove your point that a certain player was crap, you might want to reconsider your opinion is wrong rather than revising the last decade and a half of this club's history.

9 minutes ago, Barry Bridges said:

Well funny you forgot to mention a few managers yet managed to remember every single interim manager grabbed on short notice after a sacking :wink: 

The ones you do list still include those who have won the world cup, a few champion league winning managers, and I believe one who just came off an entire season unbeaten including lifting the Europa League. I didn't say all of them were top tier but many in that list were considered to be such when hired for CFC.

As for only appearing in more than 30 BPL matches in one season, that's one way to put it.  A more accurate representation would be that he literally featured in two thirds of the BPL games CFC played while he was here, not to mention over 60 Champions League appearances and over 50 domestic cup appearances.... yes, truly a player on the fringes :laugh2: 

PS, Since Roman came in CFC has been one of the most successful teams in England and, until recent years, one of Europe's best performers in the CL.  If you have to go back and rubbish the managers who helped all this to prove your point that a certain player was crap, you might want to reconsider your opinion is wrong rather than revising the last decade and a half of this club's history.

I mentioned the managers who haven't been top tier because there is alot more of them. The ones i left out was top tier like Mourinho, Ancelloti and Conte. Its like world class for players gets branded about too easy it can be the same said for managers. CFC might have regarded certain managers top tier when they appointed them but it doesn't mean they are.

Mikel during his career at Chelsea was rarely a first name on the team sheet player unless Hiddink was in charge. Yes he was a good squad player but he was never that special, i regard a player who doesn't play a high amount of league games which is the best competition as a squad player.

Its not rubbishing manager's but its the truth, Chelsea FC thought the same :wink:

4 hours ago, Stim said:

You've really one upped yourself here. Worse than this mornings.

249 appearances under some of the worlds best managers, winning trophies (as a starter) for the man who was 'average at best'. 

But hey, he lost a poll I'm sure was very reputable and existed.

I've never understood why so many have highly rated Mikel personally, I understand he had some big games for us here but so did Ivanovic and so many don't class Ivanovic as a legend because of his last two seasons. 

Mikel was deadwood for years IMO. 

50 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I've never understood why so many have highly rated Mikel personally, I understand he had some big games for us here but so did Ivanovic and so many don't class Ivanovic as a legend because of his last two seasons. 

Mikel never complained publicly about being benched.

I understand as DMF he was a blocker and interceptor rather than a ball winner. I never seemed to notice him though that does not mean he wasn't doing a good job.

CFC fans crucified Matic last season, another MF that never stood out (FA semis excepted) though many now seem to miss him.

3 hours ago, Slojo said:

Perfect post, sir. Agree to disagree and all that. 

Edited by Famous CFC

Looked better last night but makes you wonder if it's because we played a two man midfield rather than the three. 

Seems half the time with the three he just doesn't know where he's supposed to be. 

A small step in the right direction performance wise. Just want to see him show some more purpose, chase things down more... Bring the ball forward with purpose, that sort of thing. 

17 hours ago, Kev56 said:

All all over the press this vid. Painful to watch  

The worst thing about the whole video is how little he actually cares about the game (and maybe the club?).  If he loses the ball or misplaces a pass he just slowly ambles around in no particular direction not even attempting to make amends for his mistake. 

8 minutes ago, shedpensioner said:

Yeah he played well against a mid table championship side, can people get a grip! Also his lack of energy led to the chance where Norwich hit the post.

people are looking for the smallest things to big him up.

For all the stick he gets I think it’s only fair we give him a bit of praise for a decent game. I actually saw him sprint last night, twice!

8 minutes ago, shedpensioner said:

Yeah he played well against a mid table championship side, can people get a grip! Also his lack of energy led to the chance where Norwich hit the post.

people are looking for the smallest things to big him up.

I'm not sure what people saw last night, if that was a good game then we have really low standards. We played against a mid table Championship club where Bakayoko kept things simple with simple 5 yard passes. He was better than Drinkwater, but it wasn't like Bakayoko was making a ton of tackles, bursting forward with the ball, opening teams up, or creating space for teammates. He played the safe game, for £40m, you want more than playing safe.