Tiémoué Bakayoko

havelschayes
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

9 hours ago, the special one said:

image.png.dc67b0c3907b50fd3a28a39126d713d8.png

He has his moments I'll give him that but haven't seen anything to suggest his defence/possession stats will improve so he can go imho.

Sign Weigl.

Don't know much about him but with an attack score so low i imagine Weigl is a holding mid?

IMO we need someone that can offer more offensively or we're no better off than we was with Matic.

51 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Don't know much about him but with an attack score so low i imagine Weigl is a holding mid?

IMO we need someone that can offer more offensively or we're no better off than we was with Matic.

Agree his attack score is low but not significantly lower compared to Jorginho. I wouldn't say he's strictly a holding mid, for me he has the ability to play further forward than he does at Dortmund (I'd imagine he'd have licence to get forward alongside Kante). I think Matic is exactly who we missed last season so I'd have no complaints with Weigl. If we play with 3 in the midfield next season I would have thought the #8 needs a solid attack score.

Edited by the special one

On 25/05/2018 at 10:40, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I feel like he needs to work on certain things. He needs to bulk up a bit and I think if I were him I’d do extra training sessions on certain things.

Agreed. There is still quite a bit for him to work on, but I still think he has potential to be a solid CM. It would be silly of us to discard him already just for him to become a world beater in a few years like Salah and KDB

1 minute ago, nonotnowjim said:

You can never say never. On the evidence of this season it is highly unlikely, but you never know.

Salah looked anything but world class when he was with us....so you never know

never

2 hours ago, Bluesince66 said:

Good God,it was just a figure of speech,murder  him,some people need to calm down and get a slight sense of humour 

Humour, riiiiiiiight. I think you're the one who needs to calm down, not the ones who point out the nastiness of your post.

On 26/05/2018 at 11:07, JJP said:

Agreed. There is still quite a bit for him to work on, but I still think he has potential to be a solid CM. It would be silly of us to discard him already just for him to become a world beater in a few years like Salah and KDB

Is this the logic we are fixated on now are we?

Lets just never sell a player again because he might be a Salah or KDB. 

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

Lets just never sell a player again because he might be a one season, yet to be replicated performance by Salah or KDB. 

Don't know who sanctioned the Bakayoko deal but they should be deducted a few thousands of their wages. Should've gone in for Fabinho instead of him if we really wanted someone from Monaco. 

Would give him a chance if the next manager believes in him but he should be moved on. He's blocking the youth prospect and occupies a vital spot for potential talent be it from the academy or from a potential transfer target. 

Let's not forget Bakayoko is pretty young himself. Towards the end of the season his performances definitely improved meaning perhaps he needs a bit of time to settle. I suspect that the atmosphere in the dressing room this season hasn't been as good as the year before. If we do get a new manager and a new impetus improving the atmosphere we could see a different player next season. He undoubtedly has got talent, maybe he just needs soembody to help him to join the dots. As frustrating as he has been this season he still wouldn't be my first one out the door, i would keep him for at least another season.

16 hours ago, Slojo said:

Lets just never sell a player again because he might be a Salah or KDB. 

Obviously not moron, but to discard a player after 1 season is a bit harsh. Especially when baka has shown he is a decent player at Monaco and had good glimpses here this season

I think you're right JJB but it depends on style.

If Conte stayed sure, but if Sarri comes I can't see it working with his style. Similar questions makes over Giroud who I think has been great.  It's one of the reasons I think we shouldn't appoint Sarri. Too much of the squad would need to change

He has arguably the worst "first-touch" in the English top division, let alone in this Chelsea side. That aside, he has decent pace, an acceptable quality of passing and most importantly, he has age on his side. It is difficult to predict how hard it is to fix that "first touch" issue.

Sarri's tactic is reliant on quick, one-pass, short-play football. In that system,  Bakayoko will either be a vital component (fix that problem) or be absolutely useless. I feel there is no middle ground for him. He either stays here for long or gets shipped out in January, assuming, of course, Sarri's arrival is imminent. 

I may get bashed for writing this, but I think the guy has huge potential if he can correct that one glaring weakness.