Jump to content

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Sign in to follow this  
havelschayes

Franck Kessié

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Do we really need him when we have Chalobah, Baker, Pasalic, RLC ?

Do Real Madrid really need new players? But the will sure buy top talents year on year thats what elite clubs do, waiting for half the squad to develop from the youth academy is a thing of the past people need to get over it, too much money in football now to wait around, when a talent comes up you buy, every now and then you'll get a JT, but it's rare now, none of those you mentioned are good enough to start but Kessie is and he is only 19, I assume the thought is a better backup than Chalobah and in 2 or 3 years a world class player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, barak81 said:

The kid is 19, Chalouba is 22? or 23? if we really bring this kid in what is it the end for any of the border line center mids we have, and i include barker in that as well who i think is a superb player 

If only those guys cost us £20m they might be given more of a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.12.2016 at 20:59, PythonLu said:

 

Lots of talk about his age being off, hahaha! 

I guess because he is such a good player? ;) That would be good!

He's from the MRI age of football. He played at the U17 World Cup and passed all the tests (at least three MRI scans).

So scientifically speaking if his age is off, its by no more than 1-2 years. The science backs up his age and the chance of him being much older than what he claims is at best close to zero.

Also - look at him a few years ago:

KESSIE.jpg

 

And do I really need to post pics of players that look much older than they really are? For case in point: Costa looks like he's on the wrong side of 40.

Edited by Jon Stakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

All three players were flops, but all of those signings were "worth" their fee, on paper, the day we signed them. 

 

Sydney, Veron wasn't worth two bob when we signed him. Man Utd couldn't believe their luck. We were the biggest mugs in town.

 

Shevchenko had just spent a year on the treatment table. Again, Milan saw us coming, and as for Torres, he was already a fading force when we bought him, due to injury, and like the other two he predictably flopped.

 

All three were vanity signings and I doubt they had little to do with the managers at the time, Ranieri, Jose and Ancelotti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

All three players were flops, but all of those signings were "worth" their fee, on paper, the day we signed them. Overpaying, is spending 30m on an unproven Andy Carroll or Memphis Depay or whatever the hell Man City paid for John Stones. 

The reality is that we have rarely paid for players above their market value. In recent times the closest I can think of are perhaps Willian and Oscar, who we paid above a fair price for given their transfer situations. Shaun Wright-Phillips is perhaps a better example where you can conclusively say his performance was down to the simple fact he wasn't as at the level required.

I can think of a few examples where we have overpaid and it still worked out. Hazard, Essien, Duff, Ferreira...and Frank Lampard. 

Some very good points here.

I think it's fair to say that we are prepared to pay a lot if, and only if, recent performance records are up to certain standards and there is marketing potential in the deal. In Torres case, for instance, he sold more shirts than Lampard and Hazard. He probably contributed a great deal towards overall revenues (nowhere close to £50m of course, but still more than most players), and on top of that he laid some groundwork for later deals with Yokohama and Nike that are both very interested in how many shirts we sell. Add to this the fact that at the time of his transfer he was considered the best striker in the Premier League and it's easy to see why people though this would be a well invested £50m. 

That puts us in a different category than, say, Manchester City or Manchester United, who will spend that kind of money on anything with two feet and an instagram account.

Edited by PythonLu
Bad grammar :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jon Stakes said:

He's from the MRI age of football. He played at the U17 World Cup and passed all the tests (at least three MRI scans).

So scientifically speaking if his age is off, its by no more than 1-2 years. The science backs up his age and the chance of him being much older than what he claims is at best close to zero.

Also - look at him a few years ago:

KESSIE.jpg

 

And do I really need to post pics of players that look much older than they really are? For case in point: Costa looks like he's on the wrong side of 40.

Yeah that's what I thought. I have no doubt that people from anywhere will try to cheat, but I do doubt that a major club like Chelsea would do business without having some sort of reassurance. Of course, I am just guessing, but it seems like a reasonable guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, charierre said:

Whatever happened to the next Yaya we already have on the books, Victorien Angban? He was hailed as future world beater but had work permit issues.

On loan in Spain isn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, charierre said:

Whatever happened to the next Yaya we already have on the books, Victorien Angban? He was hailed as future world beater but had work permit issues.

He's off at Granada and still pretty highly rated. He's from the same crop of players as Kessie.

He's been getting called up by Cote d'Ivoire lately, so that should increase his chances of getting a work permit. But so far he's been struggling for game time in Granada.

PloKoon13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jon Stakes said:

He's off at Granada and still pretty highly rated. He's from the same crop of players as Kessie.

He's been getting called up by Cote d'Ivoire lately, so that should increase his chances of getting a work permit. But so far he's been struggling for game time in Granada.

Maybe our deal for Kessie should include a deal for Angban to see if Atalanta can develop him like the player we are after. Win/Win if they could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 28, 2016 at 12:21, barak81 said:

The kid is 19, Chalouba is 22? or 23? if we really bring this kid in what is it the end for any of the border line center mids we have, and i include barker in that as well who i think is a superb player 

 

On December 28, 2016 at 20:40, IliyaKrostin said:

Do we really need him when we have Chalobah, Baker, Pasalic, RLC ?

We could have also given Kakuta and Gokhan Tore a chance instead of signing Hazard. We could have focused hard on Delac instead of signing Tibo, Kalas instead of signing Zouma, Carlton Cole instead of signing Drogba. Ive never seen Kessie play but if he is as good as suggested then yes please, im not convinced the names mentioned will ever be the required quality to start at Chelsea but if im wrong then it will take more than the signing of a wonderkid to stand in their way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Argo said:

 

We could have also given Kakuta and Gokhan Tore a chance instead of signing Hazard. We could have focused hard on Delac instead of signing Tibo, Kalas instead of signing Zouma, Carlton Cole instead of signing Drogba. Ive never seen Kessie play but if he is as good as suggested then yes please, im not convinced the names mentioned will ever be the required quality to start at Chelsea but if im wrong then it will take more than the signing of a wonderkid to stand in their way.

And we could have trusted Bertrand instead of splashing over 60 mill across 3 players who are all arguably not as good, we could have kept matic and saved some cash, KDB while not a your product was brought young, not trusted and he would say it was his price tag 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/12/2016 at 17:44, Davey Baby said:

 

chelsea-flops_3383783k.jpg

Interestingly though all 3 had some good moments in a Chelsea shirt and beside Veron the other two won trophies.

Ill never forget Sheva's goal against Spurs at the Lane in the FA Cup or Veron's goal against Liverpool or his fine performance against Lazio. Torres as we know had that Barca goal moment, Europa League final goal as well as a few others 

Jezz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barak81 said:

And we could have trusted Bertrand instead of splashing over 60 mill across 3 players who are all arguably not as good, we could have kept matic and saved some cash, KDB while not a your product was brought young, not trusted and he would say it was his price tag 

KDB i give but Bertrand was never more than squad player quality, definition of absence making the heart grow fonder Ryan is. Luis is good just didn't settle, Baba granted but potential higher than anything Bertrand got is there and Alonso has been brought in due to his abilites to play wingback, which Ryan doesn't have the offensive abilities to pull off.

Were we really screwed up in the LB department was not signing Shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Argo said:

KDB i give but Bertrand was never more than squad player quality, definition of absence making the heart grow fonder Ryan is. Luis is good just didn't settle, Baba granted but potential higher than anything Bertrand got is there and Alonso has been brought in due to his abilites to play wingback, which Ryan doesn't have the offensive abilities to pull off.

Were we really screwed up in the LB department was not signing Shaw.

 

I use to think that but the more i see I'm play especially this season i think we dodged a bullet.

Bobbywoodhogan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2016 at 12:21, barak81 said:

The kid is 19, Chalouba is 22? or 23? if we really bring this kid in what is it the end for any of the border line center mids we have, and i include barker in that as well who i think is a superb player 

this is probably true sadly.

but if conte wants him, we should try.

and if he gets close to yaya toure at his best then I'd rather we didn't spend a decade kicking ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×