Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
havelschayes

Franck Kessié

72 posts in this topic

Don't know an awful lot about Kessie but heard some good things. Don't think this would mean the end for Chalobah, Conte rates him highly. The likes of RLC, Pasalic, Van Ginkel on the other hand then yes...

DidierDrogbalala likes this

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't mind getting him and this Tiemoue Bakayoko in one window, to be honest. I think them two in place of Oscar and Mikel would be a good business, but that's based on reports of how good they are and the experience that Mikel and Oscar were solid subs for us, at best. We need people to improve our starting 11. Just because we lost number 4 and number 5 in the pecking order does not mean we shouldn't buy players that could compete with the other three.

People who have closely followed Kessie and Bakayoko might disagree that they fit the bill.

Edited by PythonLu

1 minute ago, Zeta Orionis said:

They seem quite similar, wouldn't need both of them.

Well always assuming that money wouldn't become an issue for other players that they really want to get. Forgot to mention that.

6 hours ago, wallosh said:

This guy is seriously average, I hope Conte doesn't sign him. Chalobah is miles better

He is a lot better than Nat, don't be silly. 

He is a lot better than Nat, don't be silly. 

I have never watched him at his club, but at the Afcon I paid lots of attention to him because I thought we were serious about signing him, but he was dreadful. Despite playing few minutes towards the end of matches, Chalobah has shown his quality and its obvious if given more time he can be world class. From what I saw of Kessie, he will join the loan army if he come here.

2 minutes ago, wallosh said:

I have never watched him at his club, but at the Afcon I paid lots of attention to him because I thought we were serious about signing him, but he was dreadful. Despite playing few minutes towards the end of matches, Chalobah has shown his quality and its obvious if given more time he can be world class. From what I saw of Kessie, he will join the loan army if he come here.

There's nothing Chalobah has come close to doing to make it "obvious" he will be world class, he is doing well but a long long way from being called world class and at his age the indicators to say so I haven't seen and even when you see such indicators it's hit and miss 

7 hours ago, wallosh said:

This guy is seriously average, I hope Conte doesn't sign him. Chalobah is miles better

How can you come to that conclusion when one is playing every game in Serie A and is being wanted by the biggest clubs in Europe because of his performances this season? Chalobah is an exciting prospect but you can't say he is better when he barely has played in the PL while Kessie who is (apparently) younger is playing every game in a top league and earning rave reviews?

And judging Kessie from AFCON is harsh. Their whole team was below-par. Judge him by his club form and his potential as he is listed as being 19 years of age. Even though I am sure is real age is late 20s and that is why I don't want him.

jack_super_class likes this

11 hours ago, STATS said:

How can you come to that conclusion when one is playing every game in Serie A and is being wanted by the biggest clubs in Europe because of his performances this season? Chalobah is an exciting prospect but you can't say he is better when he barely has played in the PL while Kessie who is (apparently) younger is playing every game in a top league and earning rave reviews?

And judging Kessie from AFCON is harsh. Their whole team was below-par. Judge him by his club form and his potential as he is listed as being 19 years of age. Even though I am sure is real age is late 20s and that is why I don't want him.

Lol i love it.

STATS likes this

I dont think hes older then his listed age, problem with some of these African specimens is that they are fully developed physically by the time theyre 16 so they dont follow the typical career path of contuing development into their late 20s. Most of them are done physically by the time they hit 30 

wallosh likes this

Apparently Roma have agreed a £20m deal. Sounds like this one is over. 

I was excited when I saw it. I want only a player that will come and immediately make an impact even if will cost us money.

On 29.01.2017 at 11:12, Xfaxtor said:

I dont think hes older then his listed age, problem with some of these African specimens is that they are fully developed physically by the time theyre 16 so they dont follow the typical career path of contuing development into their late 20s. Most of them are done physically by the time they hit 30 

People really need to let go of past prejudice. Kessie played U17 football in the MRI era. At best he can be 1-2 years older than his official DOB. Any claim he is much older than officially is scientifically impossible unless he's a freak of nature.

Van Butsen, wallosh and PloKoon13 like this