Franck Kessié

havelschayes
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Wouldn't mind getting him and this Tiemoue Bakayoko in one window, to be honest. I think them two in place of Oscar and Mikel would be a good business, but that's based on reports of how good they are and the experience that Mikel and Oscar were solid subs for us, at best. We need people to improve our starting 11. Just because we lost number 4 and number 5 in the pecking order does not mean we shouldn't buy players that could compete with the other three.

People who have closely followed Kessie and Bakayoko might disagree that they fit the bill.

Edited by PythonLu

• 3 weeks later...

He is a lot better than Nat, don't be silly. 

I have never watched him at his club, but at the Afcon I paid lots of attention to him because I thought we were serious about signing him, but he was dreadful. Despite playing few minutes towards the end of matches, Chalobah has shown his quality and its obvious if given more time he can be world class. From what I saw of Kessie, he will join the loan army if he come here.

2 minutes ago, wallosh said:

I have never watched him at his club, but at the Afcon I paid lots of attention to him because I thought we were serious about signing him, but he was dreadful. Despite playing few minutes towards the end of matches, Chalobah has shown his quality and its obvious if given more time he can be world class. From what I saw of Kessie, he will join the loan army if he come here.

There's nothing Chalobah has come close to doing to make it "obvious" he will be world class, he is doing well but a long long way from being called world class and at his age the indicators to say so I haven't seen and even when you see such indicators it's hit and miss 

7 hours ago, wallosh said:

This guy is seriously average, I hope Conte doesn't sign him. Chalobah is miles better

How can you come to that conclusion when one is playing every game in Serie A and is being wanted by the biggest clubs in Europe because of his performances this season? Chalobah is an exciting prospect but you can't say he is better when he barely has played in the PL while Kessie who is (apparently) younger is playing every game in a top league and earning rave reviews?

And judging Kessie from AFCON is harsh. Their whole team was below-par. Judge him by his club form and his potential as he is listed as being 19 years of age. Even though I am sure is real age is late 20s and that is why I don't want him.

11 hours ago, STATS said:

How can you come to that conclusion when one is playing every game in Serie A and is being wanted by the biggest clubs in Europe because of his performances this season? Chalobah is an exciting prospect but you can't say he is better when he barely has played in the PL while Kessie who is (apparently) younger is playing every game in a top league and earning rave reviews?

And judging Kessie from AFCON is harsh. Their whole team was below-par. Judge him by his club form and his potential as he is listed as being 19 years of age. Even though I am sure is real age is late 20s and that is why I don't want him.

Lol i love it.

I dont think hes older then his listed age, problem with some of these African specimens is that they are fully developed physically by the time theyre 16 so they dont follow the typical career path of contuing development into their late 20s. Most of them are done physically by the time they hit 30 

On 29.01.2017 at 11:12, Xfaxtor said:

I dont think hes older then his listed age, problem with some of these African specimens is that they are fully developed physically by the time theyre 16 so they dont follow the typical career path of contuing development into their late 20s. Most of them are done physically by the time they hit 30 

People really need to let go of past prejudice. Kessie played U17 football in the MRI era. At best he can be 1-2 years older than his official DOB. Any claim he is much older than officially is scientifically impossible unless he's a freak of nature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very good young player who can suprise a lot of people if he comes to England, just like Kante did. He already plays in the same system as Chelsea is playing so he wouldn't have problems to adapt. His team is 5th in the league above Inter and Milan and he is the main guy in the middle... Only 19 years old so...