Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

coco

Spuds Vs Chelsea (PL) Wed 04/01/ 2017 KO 20:00 GMT

856 posts in this topic

just realised they had 2 attempts on target and so had we - that's the way it goes sometimes.

Put the emotion aside, it's not that bad, certainly no need to press panic buttons. It's been an amazing run, no one would have imagined we are where we are after the Arsenal game. We didn't click today, I guess after 13 wins we'd expect a poor performance.  I also believe the keep the winning streak thing got on the players' head, we were waiting for something to happen rather than taking the bull by his horn. It's a 50/50 call between starting Matic and Cesc, but without Cesc we just couldn't pass the ball out under their high pressing. The pressed us all game, forced lots of errors. Luiz took on the Cesc role with lots of long passing, but he was no where near that consistent standard. Hazard had to come back so deep to get the ball, we effectively had no one within 10 yards of Costa. Both wing backs got caught out today, Moses for not pushing up for the opening goal, and Alonso just let people get pass him too easily. It's a game of fine margins, we had a few chances but didn't take them, they did with theirs. We will let them have their glory tonight, it will be their high note,

Jezz and Barrettinator like this

Just now, axman2526 said:

United are playing very well at the mo, there is every chance they secure some sort of result at OT. However we have to do the job ourselves. The foxes beat City at home, they are capable of pulling off a good display even if their league season has fallen apart on them.

Exactly why I think it's a bit of a tricky fixture. But I'm glad we have the Peterborough match before then. Gives us a bit of time to dust of this loss and have another go at it.

5 points clear that is a nice cushion. The run was always going to end, better to end it with lpool drawing to Sunderland than beating them.  We are 1 point worse off, thats it.

Leicester and Hull next 2, winnable games.   Week we play Leicester, Pool face Utd and City away to Everton.

Week we play Hull, City play Spurs.

We are still massive faves and will still win the league IMO.  

What i'm hoping for is for liverpool to lose/draw against united at the old trafford
If we manage to be victorious against the foxes and the tigers, and smash liverpool afterwards we'll finish the month 8 points clear

Yep

Like your thinking

Just now, icecoolguy22 said:

Put the emotion aside, it's not that bad, certainly no need to press panic buttons. It's been an amazing run, no one would have imagined we are where we are after the Arsenal game. We didn't click today, I guess after 13 wins we'd expect a poor performance.  I also believe the keep the winning streak thing got on the players' head, we were waiting for something to happen rather than taking the bull by his horn. It's a 50/50 call between starting Matic and Cesc, but without Cesc we just couldn't pass the ball out under their high pressing. The pressed us all game, forced lots of errors. Luiz took on the Cesc role with lots of long passing, but he was no where near that consistent standard. Hazard had to come back so deep to get the ball, we effectively had no one within 10 yards of Costa. Both wing backs got caught out today, Moses for not pushing up for the opening goal, and Alonso just let people get pass him too easily. It's a game of fine margins, we had a few chances but didn't take them, they did with theirs. We will let them have their glory tonight, it will be their high note,

My thoughts exactly. Kante had a poor game too. Was bullied by Dembele at the Bridge and by Wanyama tonight. Poor passing from him. No need to worry though. Knowing how much Conte hates losses, I'm sure he'll light a fire under them again.

Just now, RickUK said:

5 points clear that is a nice cushion. The run was always going to end, better to end it with lpool drawing to Sunderland than beating them.  We are 1 point worse off, thats it.

Leicester and Hull next 2, winnable games.   Week we play Leicester, Pool face Utd and City away to Everton.

Week we play Hull, City play Spurs.

We are still massive faves and will still win the league IMO.  

Interesting bit I'd missed. Good post.

After the Arsenal game, we only have 2 games against top sides left. City at home and United away. The United match is like 4 games to the end of the season, if I'm not mistaken. Would be nice to have the title in the bag by then but that may just be wishful thinking. Either way, it's very possible we have an 8-10 point cushion going into that match and we should try to make it so. I know The Individual would love to spoil the party for us if he could.

Don Conte likes this

We were too slow and not physical enough, and very low on positive aggression. Tired legs and tired minds. After the break we might go on a another winning run. Spuds can rejoice their 5th win against us (in 50  games if I am not mistaken). But their joy today is dwarfed by my hilarity when we pushed them out from the Champions League by becoming Champions of Europe, and when Eden denied them any hope of winning the EPL by that wonder goal. We punish them big time, and in return they win once in a blue moon. Spuds, know your place!

I want a draw between United and Pool at OT next weekend. A United win would keep them in the hunt, very much so if we lose points against Leicester and that i don't want. Vital, absolutely vital that we strike back immediately against Leicester though, this will be forgotten if so but if we wobble and lose points against we will have five teams behind us all smelling blood.

STATS and Bobbywoodhogan like this

Not our best game, Spurs deserved the win, to be honest.

Still if someone offered me a five points lead at the top after 20 games before the season started, I'd have taken it. This winning run has become more of a burden the longer it went, I am glad we can go into the next game without worrying about it.

I'm not too bothered about the result (obviously would have preferred a draw or win lol) but more the way we went about it. Even when we were only 1 down we never seemed to have any pace in our play. Tbo, Moses and Hazard the only ones that put in a worthwhile performance tonight. Also wish Antonio would make changes much quicker. It was obvious the team on the field weren't going to get the job done and changes needed to be made sooner. 

18 games left, enough to go for the record again, 
Cure.JPG

Even of we don't make the record, I can genuinely see us picking up around 35 points from those fixtures

I don't know how overconfident i'm being,but if all goes well i can see us winning it w/ around 90 pts

1 minute ago, PythonLu said:

Not our best game, Spurs deserved the win, to be honest.

Still if someone offered me a five points lead at the top after 20 games before the season started, I'd have taken it. This winning run has become more of a burden the longer it went, I am glad we can go into the next game without worrying about it.

I don't really understand this logic. How can it be a burden or a worry ? I don't see how winning games can be either of those things. 

Losing a game is something to worry about though. It means we can't afford any mistakes against Leicester.

Backbiter and coco like this

Disappointed with the result. Though it would seem the highlight of Tottenham and Arsenal's season would be beating us. Let's hope the highlight of ours is a lot more significant.

Need to win our next two at Leicester and against Hull. After that it's Liverpool and Arsenal.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

I don't really understand this logic. How can it be a burden or a worry ? I don't see how winning games can be either of those things. 

Losing a game is something to worry about though. It means we can't afford any mistakes against Leicester.

The logic is with 13 consecutive wins on your back the pressure is too much when you're playing against such c**ts as spurs who are btw at their season peak

Chelsea's peak on the other hand is 2 months away i believe,that 5-0 victory against everton.

I feel like all this talk about breaking the record got inside our players' heads and today we got bullied out of the game, you don't see that very often. Bad day at the office, but I still choose to look at the positives. Carefree.

Just gonna leave this here:

bluedave, STATS and EmeraldBlue like this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, JT_<3 said:

The logic is with 13 consecutive wins on your back the pressure is too much when you're playing against such c**ts as spurs who are btw at their season peak

Chelsea's peak on the other hand is 2 months away i believe,that 5-0 victory against everton.

I would rather have that kind of pressure than the pressure of our title rivals breathing down our necks.

I personally don't see how winning games is adding pressure. If anything, continuing to get wins like we were doing was only improving confidence. The longer you stretch the winning run, the more confidence you gain. That is taking pressure off, not adding to it.

Edited by Scott Harris

2 minutes ago, JT_<3 said:

Winning 13 games out of 13 only burdens our opponents.

Scott Harris likes this

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I would rather have that kind of pressure than the pressure of our title rivals breathing down our necks.

I personally don't see how winning games is adding pressure. If anything, continuing to get wins like we were doing was only improving confidence. The longer you stretch the winning run, the more confidence you gain. That is taking pressure off, not adding to it.

Don't think it's pressure from winning games, that obviously is a positive as you say. The negative was pressure from all the talk of breaking the wins record, something I couldn't give less of a sh*t about.