Fernando Llorente

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

16 minutes ago, STATS said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10722493/chelsea-and-swansea-could-swap-fernando-llorente-and-michy160batshuayi-sky-sources

Just WTF? I know Conte is excellent at getting the best out of so called average players but to me, this makes no sense. I would take Batshuayi over Llorente all day. Llorente is washed up now and is not the striker he used to once be. Would be a really strange move. Really would be a harsh move on Batshuayi too. To treat him like that.

Don't think he was ever anything particularly speical. 

My ONLY rashional for this is that if Michy can get games for the rest of the season then it's good for his developent, but this is the assumption that Costa is fit all year!! I would have fat more faith in Michy then Llorente

The 'proposed' deal isn't beneficial to anyone involved. Swansea is desperately trying to stay up, they'd take Batshuayi but not at the cost of losing their best striker. I'm not sure joining a team battling relegation is the best environment for Batshuayi, even for the short term. Llorrente won't get game time, and most importantly he won't be good enough if Costa is out for a long period of time.

It does seem like an odd one and maybe strange seeing as hes cup tied but I reckon we have to trust Conte. He' s managed to get the most out of underperforming players such as Pedro and Fab, revitalised players we had Q's over like Luiz, Alonso, Moses and Chabolah. Gotta trust that what hes sees in this deal is right. If Llorente comes in on a cheap deal and contract and Bats gets lots of playing time it can only be a good thing. Moreover, I don't see Solanke playing anytime soon until he sorts this contract sh*t out (WHICH IS AS FRUSTRATING AS HELL).

little worried about it because our Frontline selection is scary -  Costa, Bats, (Llorente potentially), Abraham, Solanke, Brown and Bamford... somethings gonna have to give.

Apologies... scary as in what on earth are we going to do? That's a lot of forwards around the same age (Bats, Solanke, Abraham, Brown) - won't count Bamford as I reckon matter of time till he leaves... what are we gonna do next season with them all? they are going to be looking at Chabolah, Loftus Cheek and Aina and reckoning they should at least be around the squad... not to mention Traore to come back

9 minutes ago, Fruity66 said:

Apologies... scary as in what on earth are we going to do? That's a lot of forwards around the same age (Bats, Solanke, Abraham, Brown) - won't count Bamford as I reckon matter of time till he leaves... what are we gonna do next season with them all? they are going to be looking at Chabolah, Loftus Cheek and Aina and reckoning they should at least be around the squad... not to mention Traore to come back

Oh I see, got you yeah I get what you mean but I imagine they won't all make it here.

11 minutes ago, Fruity66 said:

Brown hasn't got a chance of making it here, which is a shame on a personal level as i have mates who use to play in the same team with him as youngsters and are mates with him themselves, but he just isn't of the required quality. Solanke im guessing a loan or sold, Abraham maybe a PL loan.

Yeah its a shame as all 3 (Brown, Abraham and Solanke) could be great for us but we are gonna struggle to fit them in unless someone like brown switches to a wing position. Realistically out of that lot with the return of loans and if we signed Llorente and had Bats.

Costa - Starter (1st)

Bats -  Rotation (2nd)

Abraham - BackUp (3rd)

Solanke - Prem Loan (4th)

Brown - Prem Loan or Sold (5th)

Llorente - 1 season then sold

Remy - Sold

Bamford - Sold

Traore - Sold (Great player but English youngsters key unless he converts to wing has to be sold)

Moving back onto topic slightly, Conte seems to like that taller, aerial striker as he did Llorente when he signed him as back up, giving a different attacking dynamic to the team. Llorente transfer makes sense to his previous squads and makes me believe Abraham will be the one to succeed out of the others with maybe Solanke getting through.

On 1/7/2017 at 09:59, Jezz said:

Wouldn't be against signing Llorente as a back-up to Costa, but I'm curious as to why Michy isn't rated by the coaching staff considering we forked out a reported 33m in the summer to sign him.  

What's he doing wrong, or what standards isn't he satisfying to prompt barely any game time?

We all make mistakes....we just seem to make more when it comes to signing strikers..:slap_face:

To me bats looks like he is easily shaken off the ball, and doesn't work that hard defensively. From what I recall the word when we bought him was he plays better in a two Striker system.

He is about the number 4 striker for Belgium behind lukaku, origin and benteke.

Deal makes no sense no matter how it is spun. Why would Swansea sell him in January when it will take probably double what they get to replace him? It's just like the Defoe to West Ham deal, it's a non-starter.

Why would Llorente also want to leave a team where he is guaranteed starts to come and warm the bench here? Costa missed only one game in the first half, Llorente would be lucky to get 3 starts if Costa keeps his calm head & doesn't get injured. The lack of a mental strength to fight to dig Swansea out of their hole is enough reason to stay far away.

Not a good movement, in my opinion. He already played under Conte when he joined Juventus from Athletic Club Bilbao in the season 2013-2014, so Conte already knows him. But he gave his best while at Athlétic. Since he left the Bilbao team he has only had a decent season at Juve under Conte. After that he has been poor in his second season at Juve and in Sevilla. I don't think he is better than Batshuayi at the moment, and Batshuayi could be the future while Llorente won't give much more.

• 2 weeks later...