Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

havelschayes

Fernando Llorente

4 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

Not for the £30 million quoted surely ?.

No chance. About £12m i'd value him at. Into his last year of contract.

If we want him, hopefully Llorente can make it clear to them he wants the move and Swansea with Clement at the helm see that we are a club they could benefit from having a good relationship with (look at Tammy on loan)

7 minutes ago, startedwithglenn said:

No chance. About £12m i'd value him at. Into his last year of contract.

If we want him, hopefully Llorente can make it clear to them he wants the move and Swansea with Clement at the helm see that we are a club they could benefit from having a good relationship with (look at Tammy on loan)

£10 million is all I think he's worth, personally would not waste anymore than that. I believe Swansea already know he wants to join us, he made that clear in January.

3 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

£10 million is all I think he's worth, personally would not waste anymore than that. I believe Swansea already know he wants to join us, he made that clear in January.

If Conte really wants him i'd go to £15/16m considering we would easily get what we are overpaying back as a loan fee for Bats.

Someone like Newcastle, West Ham would take Bats for the season for a £5m loan fee + wages.

I don't understand. What more does Bats have to do? He scored goals, made assists, always looked hungry. Granted he is raw but I won't waste 30M for a slight current upgrade. I see no reason why we need another striker.

This!!
In my opinion the batman should be nailed on for starts in the fa cup and league cup with morata starting EPL and CL keep remy as worst case (which fernando would be in my book)
Then hope Tammy comes good in 2-3 years then we will hopefully have 3 killer strikers on our books

I like Llorente, but this feels unnecessary to me.

I feel like if we play the same system, Morata and Bats is good.

And if we want to play two up top, Hazard would be fine as a second striker to either of our other options.

Just now, Cam said:

I like Llorente, but this feels unnecessary to me.

I feel like if we play the same system, Morata and Bats is good.

And if we want to play two up top, Hazard would be fine as a second striker to either of our other options.

Llorente would be a good plan b buy though, he is a physical presence with a great first touch and ability to play with his back to goal. He's also very good in the air, I think he would be ideal for when we need to change things up.

Amputechture likes this

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Llorente would be a good plan b buy though, he is a physical presence with a great first touch and ability to play with his back to goal. He's also very good in the air, I think he would be ideal for when we need to change things up.

What about Bats then?

We cant have 3 non HG strikers. Already have 14 non HG players (tibo, willy, eduardo, luiz, azpi, rudi, alonso, kante, baka, hazard, willian, pedro, michy and morata) and still need confirmation about 2nd RWB, 2nd LWB, 4th CM.

I feel Michy deserves the option to be the 2nd striker then season.

Deino likes this

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

For 30m Swansea can go f**k themselves. The guys worth 15m at an absolute max:face_palm:

He is 32. A 15 mil transfer along with 4mil a year salary for a 2 year contract for a 32 year old would make him one of the most expensive chelsea players on the books.

Just now, didierforever said:

He is 32. A 15 mil transfer along with 4mil a year salary for a 2 year contract for a 32 year old would make him one of the most expensive chelsea players on the books.

Which is why I said at an absolute max, if Conte wants him I'd be willing to push the price to 15m as I trust his judgement.

Personally don't particularly want him anyway, in his prime certainly but not now for me.

didierforever likes this

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Which is why I said at an absolute max, if Conte wants him I'd be willing to push the price to 15m as I trust his judgement.

Personally don't particularly want him anyway, in his prime certainly but not now for me.

Yup. Would be worse than the Etoo transfer in hindsight. Would not fault Michy if he loses faith and wants out if Llorente is chosen ahead of him and then we might be chasing him 2/3 years down the line for 100mil or so.

3 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Yup. Would be worse than the Etoo transfer in hindsight. Would not fault Michy if he loses faith and wants out if Llorente is chosen ahead of him and then we might be chasing him 2/3 years down the line for 100mil or so.

Eto'o done well for us I felt, obviously there were other options there but he done well for us all things considered IMO.

If he was brought in I imagine he'd be 3rd choice between Morata & Bats. He'd be brought in more to bring something neither of those two do, play a bit more like a target man.

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

What about Bats then?

We cant have 3 non HG strikers. Already have 14 non HG players (tibo, willy, eduardo, luiz, azpi, rudi, alonso, kante, baka, hazard, willian, pedro, michy and morata) and still need confirmation about 2nd RWB, 2nd LWB, 4th CM.

I feel Michy deserves the option to be the 2nd striker then season.

Again, he's an alternative to morata and bats who are also different types of striker. If we are to have the option of 2 up front then we will also need a 3rd striker on the bench. Both bats and morata would play off llorente well, but I think they would struggle as a partnership.

4 hours ago, dkw said:

I don't disagree, I just really want Bats to have more of a chance this season. He's a natural goal scorer. I don't want him to be unhappy with his playtime.

18 minutes ago, Cam said:

I don't disagree, I just really want Bats to have more of a chance this season. He's a natural goal scorer. I don't want him to be unhappy with his playtime.

So do I, hopefully Conte makes good use of him and morata. He might even start the season out wide in place of hazard.

Edited by dkw

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Again, he's an alternative to morata and bats who are also different types of striker. If we are to have the option of 2 up front then we will also need a 3rd striker on the bench. Both bats and morata would play off llorente well, but I think they would struggle as a partnership.

But thats my qualm with it. Given our HG situation, Llorente and Bats might not be independent.