Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

havelschayes

Fernando Llorente

83 posts in this topic

I don't understand. What more does Bats have to do? He scored goals, made assists, always looked hungry. Granted he is raw but I won't waste 30M for a slight current upgrade. I see no reason why we need another striker.

LengmanJedi likes this

4 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

Not for the £30 million quoted surely ?.

No chance. About £12m i'd value him at. Into his last year of contract.

If we want him, hopefully Llorente can make it clear to them he wants the move and Swansea with Clement at the helm see that we are a club they could benefit from having a good relationship with (look at Tammy on loan)

7 minutes ago, startedwithglenn said:

No chance. About £12m i'd value him at. Into his last year of contract.

If we want him, hopefully Llorente can make it clear to them he wants the move and Swansea with Clement at the helm see that we are a club they could benefit from having a good relationship with (look at Tammy on loan)

£10 million is all I think he's worth, personally would not waste anymore than that. I believe Swansea already know he wants to join us, he made that clear in January.

3 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

£10 million is all I think he's worth, personally would not waste anymore than that. I believe Swansea already know he wants to join us, he made that clear in January.

If Conte really wants him i'd go to £15/16m considering we would easily get what we are overpaying back as a loan fee for Bats.

Someone like Newcastle, West Ham would take Bats for the season for a £5m loan fee + wages.

2 hours ago, Deino said:

Too English-y, I guess?

No that's not it IMO, perhaps is the case with the BBC yet in football if you are good you are good unless of course you upset the dressing room.

I don't understand. What more does Bats have to do? He scored goals, made assists, always looked hungry. Granted he is raw but I won't waste 30M for a slight current upgrade. I see no reason why we need another striker.

This!!
In my opinion the batman should be nailed on for starts in the fa cup and league cup with morata starting EPL and CL keep remy as worst case (which fernando would be in my book)
Then hope Tammy comes good in 2-3 years then we will hopefully have 3 killer strikers on our books

We need to retain Batman.  We're battling on all fronts next season and every good team has AT A MINIMUM 2 quality strikers, and ideally 3.  We can bring Llorente in and still retain Bats. 

I like Llorente, but this feels unnecessary to me.

I feel like if we play the same system, Morata and Bats is good.

And if we want to play two up top, Hazard would be fine as a second striker to either of our other options.