havelschayes

Fernando Llorente

22 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Will be really happy with this. A completely different kind of striker to what we've got and he could be a very important tactical player.

I know I'd prefer Llorente to Batshuayi if Morata is injured.

I think bats is a good goal scorer or finisher but not a good enough footballer. So i agree I'd start llorente over him. 

Think llorente could be our giroud, a big man goal scorer to come on in the last 15 mins of a game you need a goal in

Edited by Warner11
Auto correct

From BBC live feed:

Tottenham have moved ahead of Chelsea in the race to sign Fernando Llorente from Swansea City.

Chelsea have been close for weeks now to a deal for the Spanish striker, who has a strong relationship with Blues manager Antonio Conte.

But Tottenham have come from nowhere to have an offer accepted by Swansea and the move is appealing to Llorente.

Chelsea are expected to make a counter offer and the 32-year-old's destination is said to be too close to call.

If he ends up at Tottenham, it is possible that Spurs forward Vincent Janssen will leave the club on loan.

Today = 

Image result for suicide gif

9 minutes ago, bluedave said:

Why not try reading beyond the first sentence?

"Chelsea are expected to make a counter offer and the 32-year-old's destination is said to be too close to call."

But our interest has been known for some time. 

Why is another club having a bid accepted on the last day of the transfer window the catalyst for us making our own bid? 

13 minutes ago, bluedave said:

Why not try reading beyond the first sentence?

"Chelsea are expected to make a counter offer and the 32-year-old's destination is said to be too close to call."

So thats mean the board failed and now they have to give more money, then in the first place if Marina was not acting like ******?

Why is it that our interest is known for so long but no bids are made. After all of the ridiculing about Levy not loosening the purse strings Tottenham now seem to be getting all of their targets whist we sit sucking our thumbs for players we have been interested in for weeks.

This is driving me insane. I'm not even bothered about llorente or ox. I'm just scratching my head at how poor we are at getting deals done smoothly. 

If we want llorente just pay up. He can't be that expensive if spurs can afford him. 

crazy. 

8 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

But our interest has been known for some time. 

Why is another club having a bid accepted on the last day of the transfer window the catalyst for us making our own bid? 

I don't know for sure that we were serious about signing him. Maybe Batshuayi's good performances in preseason prevented us from making a serious move for a striker earlier, and his recent poor form and rumours of a loan move have forced our hand.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do to stop other clubs bidding for players we might be interested in.

2 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

chelsea seem to have the pulling power of a mid table club !!

It's got nothing about pulling power? If  bbc and sky sports are correct, we haven't actually made a bid yet..