Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


coco

Leicester Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 14/01 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

712 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, DonAntonio said:

A lot of us werent impressed by the performance although teh result was very good,  yet the BT pundits and match of the day team seemed to think we were sublime 

I was a bit puzzled by the MotD reaction, as I was one of those who didn't think we were that good. I think if all you saw were the highlights you could conclude we were fantastic, and to be fair to the pundits, they only get to see parts of most of the games. I didn't see the BT post-match discussion and I'm surprised to hear they were full of praise.

It was a great win but we were a bit shaky in the first half. Leicester are so ordinary without Kante and Mahrez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe when you play badly but win well, in reality you have actually played really well ?

from what i saw on motd highlights we looked good but following on here match day it sounded like they were running up short

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's us 7 points clear good results for us today, spuds have city next, A victory for us at WHL previously and one coming up at Anfield would likely have won us the league...big opportunity this month half missed so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

that little awkward pause at 1:07 then conte hinting there are cameras and he moves a bit to block it, think ranieri was asking about diego there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great results all round today!!  Next weekend is Hull,  we cant take them light cause they have a good manager who will come for a draw!  3 points against Hull and Spuds V City [hoping for a city win] would be a very good weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I want to see Costa returns, I do like how the front 3 play. With Costa in, there's a tendency to hit long aerial ball towards him and hoping him either hold the ball or get past the defenders, more often than not it doesn't work and frustrate Costa. Without Costa, that's no longer an option. There were lots more movements from the front 3, they took turns to drop deep to pick up the ball, and it was a nightmare for the Moran/Huth to defend, especially in the second half. Leicester tried to press us , but we passed around them well because of the movement and front 3 drop deep, turn, and run against their big defenders.

STATS, Ivanov87 and Hemel Blue like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

As much as I want to see Costa returns, I do like how the front 3 play. With Costa in, there's a tendency to hit long aerial ball towards him and hoping him either hold the ball or get past the defenders, more often than not it doesn't work and frustrate Costa. Without Costa, that's no longer an option. There were lots more movements from the front 3, they took turns to drop deep to pick up the ball, and it was a nightmare for the Moran/Huth to defend, especially in the second half. Leicester tried to press us , but we passed around them well because of the movement and front 3 drop deep, turn, and run against their big defenders.

Conte talked about it in his interview yesterday and looks like he likes it. Regardless of what happens to Costa, I want to see it against Hull. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

A lot of us werent impressed by the performance although teh result was very good,  yet the BT pundits and match of the day team seemed to think we were sublime 

In the context of having lost against Spurs the previous weekend and all the rumour surrounding Costa going into the match it would have been easy to be off our game. 

We started brightly, got an early goal and took the pressure off of ourselves. The rest of the first half we didn't create much for ourselves but Leicester were stifled and we looked comfortable. 

Second half, it was all us. Got another early goal in the half and looked assured. As far as away performances go it's as good as you could ask for. 

Amputechture, STATS, dkw and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

In the context of having lost against Spurs the previous weekend and all the rumour surrounding Costa going into the match it would have been easy to be off our game. 

We started brightly, got an early goal and took the pressure off of ourselves. The rest of the first half we didn't create much for ourselves but Leicester were stifled and we looked comfortable. 

Second half, it was all us. Got another early goal in the half and looked assured. As far as away performances go it's as good as you could ask for. 

Yea I thought we had a decent second half, I saw some problems after the first goal we looked out of sorts, passes were very loose, defending seemed unsure, I think we have got used to the well drilled performances that came after the Arsenal defeat, as good as we have been we haven't hit that form since, we looked unplayable against Man U and Everton, the fear is the system was flattering us and catching teams off guard, having said the at the fluency was unbelievable, again I think we haven't been able to create that or perhaps teams have got better at stopping us, for me in summary, key win, very good flashes but still not quite there in terms of Being fully effective against the top teams 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else think we're a little like the season before last when we played sublime stuff for the first half and then dug out victories on the run in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.