Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
PythonLu

Thomas Müller

I know, I know, he's a Bavarian boy through and through, but then again he's won it all there, this season isn't quite the deal for him, and at 27 which world class footballer wouldn't want to take a step into the unknown realms of a foreign top league, especially the Premier League?

Real have Bale/Rod/Benz in his position, Barcelona have Messi/Suarez. Müller is a bit of a goof, too, and lacks a bit of that swagger that both of them frantically crave. At the same time he can play as a striker, as a winger or even as an attacking midfielder, he can score, assist and he's as German as it gets when it comes to work ethics. Prolific, hard-working, physical, this guy has Premier League written all over him. Some might even say he's a better fit for us than Rodriguez and Sanchez, both of whom have a significant camps of advocates here at CFC.

So maybe there's a tiny window of opportunity that we can act through? Certainly Ballack, who's been hanging out at Cobham and the Bridge lately, can throw in a good word for us?

Edited by PythonLu
Chigzzer and PedroMendez like this

2 hours ago, enigma said:

is he leaving bayern? and are we interested? if not, fook you for making this thread and getting me excited :wink: would love him here, such a quality player. 

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/754240/Chelsea-plot-75m-move-sign-Bayern-Munich-star-Thomas-Muller-replace-Diego-Costa-News

It's not quite Dan Levene or Matt Law reporting it but a rumour is a rumour, right? :blush2:

Overrated by far. Bayern won´t let him go and I don´t believe that he would like to play at Chelsea. As a native Bavarian with a good standing there he should stay where he is.

Asking price was about 90m quid (was Rummenigge joking?).

Just going to kick this back up, with Bayern now signing James, they have James, Vidal, Renato Sanchez, Robben, Ribery, Tolisso, Kimmich, Coman, Rudy, Gnarby.

All of the above can play in midfield and thats before I include Muller.

I think as an option from the right of a 3 man attack he'd be exceptional, he got 32 goals 2 years ago and since hes being in the first team, hes managed to score on average 20 goals (well, 19.58) a year since he was 19 years of age.

Last year he was used a lot less but I dont think that should take away from how good a footballer he is, hes won it all in Germany and played in the biggest games, I think if we want to spend our money this summer on a star that might be available, we should go for Muller.

Sexyfootball likes this

7 minutes ago, Delnino said:

Just going to kick this back up, with Bayern now signing James, they have James, Vidal, Renato Sanchez, Robben, Ribery, Tolisso, Kimmich, Coman, Rudy, Gnarby.

All of the above can play in midfield and thats before I include Muller.

I think as an option from the right of a 3 man attack he'd be exceptional, he got 32 goals 2 years ago and since hes being in the first team, hes managed to score on average 20 goals (well, 19.58) a year since he was 19 years of age.

Last year he was used a lot less but I dont think that should take away from how good a footballer he is, hes won it all in Germany and played in the biggest games, I think if we want to spend our money this summer on a star that might be available, we should go for Muller.

I'd imagine he'd prefer Juve or Paris sadly. 

When was the last time we signed a top player in their prime from one of Europe's top top teams?

From that list, I think Vidal may emerge as an option if Bakayoko deal doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I'd give my left nut for Muller but no way does he leave Bayern any time soon. 

Have to agree with this, he's one of the few indispensable Bayern players that will likely never leave (until they are at least way way older) like Alaba and Neuer

He's the personification of Bayern Munich. Functional, HG youth product, versatile. If anything, he'd be the next inducted to their hall of fame after Lahm

JJP likes this

Ancelotti doesn't fancy him, I think he's gettable.

Pretty sure he's spoken in the past about he is only married to his wife and not to Bayern and I think I remember him speaking about how PL wages were undeniably attractive (asked about Schweinsteiger)