Jump to content

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Sign in to follow this  
havelschayes

Adama Traore

Recommended Posts

Plenty of pace but zero product...reminds me of the joke about the gorilla playing golf ⛳ hits the ball over 300 yards with every shot, and when he gets on the green to putt...guess what, he hits it 300 yards...Conte has his work cut out with him...but I guess if anyone can, Conte can...

Edited by doctorblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

We may be trying to get in there before anyone else. I think buying him but loaning back til the Summer could be a good move.

Could be but I don't see many linked to him tbh, does have a touch of SWP about it

Edited by Chelsbear
wallosh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adama will be made into a RWB if we do buy him. Easier to teach defending than attacking. Give him a good cross and a penchant for tackling and poof you have the makings of a WB. Conte could be thinking ahead here, instead of buying a RWB this summer, he'll make one! Moses has a few season left before he starts to really slow down physically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Sorry, got to disagree with that one. Says a lot that young attackers generally emerge earlier than their defensive counterparts. 

Agree to disagree. Pace has an awful lot to do with a fair portion of those attackers. Id even say attacking is taught and practiced more often than proper defending. Moses ain't getting into the team ahead of our wingers but throw him out as a wingback with more defensive duty and it's coming to him quickly. Not often you see defenders moved up the pitch to be attackers for any length of time. Im not saying defenders dont need skill but its easier to pick up IMO

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way, he couldn't even get into the Boro team. I remember the game he played against us, get past our defenders at will, yet either produce an awful cross out of bounds, or shot way wide of the target. He's a good athlete, but has very limited football skills or intelligence. Sure he's only 20 and could learn, but we got another 30 players in the same boat already.

wallosh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Adama will be made into a RWB if we do buy him. Easier to teach defending than attacking. Give him a good cross and a penchant for tackling and poof you have the makings of a WB. Conte could be thinking ahead here, instead of buying a RWB this summer, he'll make one! Moses has a few season left before he starts to really slow down physically. 

Way more discipline and concentration needed to be a defender, reading of the game, positioning, a pacey attacker just goes out and expresses himself, in my view it's the opposite, attacking comes naturally all a striker needs to learn is to time runs and split defenders or hold the ball up depending on his attributes, all a winger needs to do is run on teh break and put in good balls, a winger who has pace probably has the easiest role on the pitch, you will find many good defenders started out as midfielders, JT is one, you have to build  defender there is no natural defender, there are attributes but defence is a fully learned trade and it's not easy. What I can say that may support what you said in part is defence can be taught to those not as naturally gifted as player but a decent attacker needs bags of natural talent you cant really learn to be a good attacker, you are or you arent and then you improve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Way more discipline and concentration needed to be a defender, reading of the game, positioning, a pacey attacker just goes out and expresses himself, in my view it's the opposite, attacking comes naturally all a striker needs to learn is to time runs and split defenders or hold the ball up depending on his attributes, all a winger needs to do is run on teh break and put in good balls, a winger who has pace probably has the easiest role on the pitch, you will find many good defenders started out as midfielders, JT is one, you have to build  defender there is no natural defender, there are attributes but defence is a fully learned trade and it's not easy. What I can say that may support what you said in part is defence can be taught to those not as naturally gifted as player but a decent attacker needs bags of natural talent you cant really learn to be a good attacker, you are or you arent and then you improve. 

^^^

If it were easier to teach someone the ins and outs of attacking, Adama would be a brilliant player by now wouldn't he? He started at La Masia right? He's just not made for it. All the pace in the world but nothing at the end of it. Teach him to keep himself between the ball and the goal properly and he's on his way. He's got almost everything else

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking about how I would like us to sign him a few weeks ago, he has that rare talent of being able to beat players so effortlessly which I love, if he develops better decision making and end product he will be a devastatingly good player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt see this thread just posted on rumours about him.Needs a ton of work to get up to our standards (if at all possible)but he is the fastest player i have ever seen (and i am 60)Wonder what his 50 mtr time is?Might be that he just isnt that good a footballer,but wow that pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Adama will be made into a RWB if we do buy him. Easier to teach defending than attacking. Give him a good cross and a penchant for tackling and poof you have the makings of a WB. Conte could be thinking ahead here, instead of buying a RWB this summer, he'll make one! Moses has a few season left before he starts to really slow down physically. 

I'd rather a LWB tbh. we already have moses and willian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, enigma said:

I'd rather a LWB tbh. we already have moses and willian.

But Willian has never played RWB for us (or anyone to my knowledge). I'm not sure there is anything to suggest he is considered an option there. Right now I would say Ivanovic, Aina and maybe Dave are all ahead of him them but none of them would necessarily thrive there. (Well Dave would, he's brilliant wherever he plays. You could probably stick him in goal and he'd win the golden glove). 

wallosh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that the Boro supporters are hoping this is true kind of shows how poor a signing it is likely to be if it goes ahead. "Can't pass, can't cross", etc... are some of the comments on their forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zeta said:

The fact that the Boro supporters are hoping this is true kind of shows how poor a signing it is likely to be if it goes ahead. "Can't pass, can't cross", etc... are some of the comments on their forum.

He's still usually the player teams fear the most on that Boro team though. Because he's got the ability to make something happen out of nothing. Meaning just get a hold of the ball somewhere on the pitch and run like a lightning past players. I've seen him do that against us, Livepool, ManUtd and Tottenham.

I'd have him, i like his potential and i think he could develop really well under Conte. Yes he is really bad at finishing and end product at the moment but he hasn't excactly been mentored by great managers so far in his career eighter. Conte is different.

jack_super_class likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sindre said:

He's still usually the player teams fear the most on that Boro team though. Because he's got the ability to make something happen out of nothing. Meaning just get a hold of the ball somewhere on the pitch and run like a lightning past players. I've seen him do that against us, Livepool, ManUtd and Tottenham.

I'd have him, i like his potential and i think he could develop really well under Conte. Yes he is really bad at finishing and end product at the moment but he hasn't excactly been mentored by great managers so far in his career eighter. Conte is different.

Can't believe you did not mention Arsenal. He tore them apart. Was brilliant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeta said:

The fact that the Boro supporters are hoping this is true kind of shows how poor a signing it is likely to be if it goes ahead. "Can't pass, can't cross", etc... are some of the comments on their forum.

idk which forum you're reading from but majority of boro fans in oneboro forum are reluctant to sell / only want to sell for minimal 20million just for his potential alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Latest Posts

    • Remember Batshuayi steps up in the Champs League too, he can beat Atletico!
    • You may be right about that Mod. It was the Batshuayi comparison that felt bizarre. Good to see you posting.
    • STEVEN GERARD GERARD  HE FELL ON HIS f**kING ARSE HE GAVE IT TO DEMBA BA STEVEN GERARD GERARD
    • That's the thing though Davey, it's easy to forget about the player once they've moved on (or it went sour with the club) in which, I think most are doing with Costa. How many games did Costa step up when we needed him, and win the game like Morata vs Utd. I'm not taking shots at Morata, I like him and hope he becomes a striker that is up there every season for us, but for me, at the moment, he isn't as reliable or confident in front of goal as Costa was for us, not by some stretch. Yes I saw the same yesterday in the champions league 
    •   Bizarre. Costa started like a house on fire for us but I wonder if he had as many goals for us after as many games, remembering that Morata has missed a few with injury. Morata's been brilliant and I just can't understand your comparison with Batshuayi, who has no idea how to play up front on his own, although he will score goals. Batshuayi is just a very limited footballer and it's clear Conte doesn't trust him.   Morata is better in the air than Costa, by far, he's faster, his link-up play is better, he's more skilful, and he'll get more goals. He'll easily surpass Costa's 20 if he stays fit, because although he misses chances, he also puts them away, and crucially the chances keep coming his way, because his movement and positioning is so good. All strikers miss chances. Morata is scoring crucial goals, big goals in big games, winners, opening goals. Costa invariably went missing in big games. Lest we forget, in both our title winning seasons of late, Costa faded badly in the latter half, when the pressure was on. It was Hazard that drove us over the line on both occasions.   Given the choice, I don't see too many people taking Costa over Morata right now, and as for Batshuayi, he's at least one tier below them two in my opinion. I'm not saying there aren't better than Morata out there, but I don't think we could have done much better, given the options. He's been as good as any of us could have expected, and his goal against Utd was simply a great header. When we needed him he produced. He was absolutely brilliant that day.   He gets injured and we're relying on Batshuayi our season takes a very different course in my opinion.

×