who else is feeling more skeptical about winning the league as each fixture approaches?

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

But i was definitely worried up to when Batsh*t scored.  Please tell me I don't have to worry any more because I still can't quite believe it!

Its party time!!!!! Its gonna be a long weekend!!! 

On 14/02/2017 at 15:04, Zeta said:

Based on the fixtures left, assuming this copy/paste is correct:

Swansea (Home)

A side battling for their lives down the bottom of the table. They have the potential to throw up unexpected results every now and then, but at home, I feel we should be too strong for them.

2-0 WIN

West Ham (Away)

As poor as they've been this season, its never easy to go away to West Ham and they will be right up for the game. It's an evening kickoff, under floodlights, which I think will add to the home fans atmosphere (not that they usually have much of one).

1-1 DRAW

Watford (Home)

In theory this should be one of the easier matches we've got left. I can't really see them taking anything back with them. Though having said that, they'll probably surprise us now.

3-0 WIN

Stoke (Away)

Another tough place to go, against a physical side going well in the top half of the table.

0-0 DRAW

Crystal Palace (Home)

By the time we play them, they could be out of the bottom three, or dead and buried, or more likely still fighting for every point. So another one that's not going to be easy. But we should have enough to see them off.

2-1 WIN

Man City (Home)

They will be looking for revenge for earlier in the season, and they are looking better in recent weeks, so if they pick up a few more wins between now and this fixture, they could come into this flying and confident. We will need to be much better defensively than the away game where we could have been 0-3 if not for poor finishing.

1-3 LOSS

Bournemouth (Away)

A decent side, who can occasionally upset the odds. I would hope we could see them off though. At home they will want to play their expansive football, and we should be able to set up to counter that.

3-1 WIN

Man Utd (Away)

Much improved since we thrashed them earlier in the season, though they still have some issues around the pitch. Mourinho will have them fired up for this one and I can see them walking away with the spoils.

1-2 LOSS

Southampton (Home)

Hard to tell with Southampton, sometimes they look great, other times they look sh*t.

1-1 DRAW

Everton (Away)

Never easy to go there and if Lukaku is in form, we could be in for a tough game. With 3 at the back, I think we should be solid enough not to lose, but I don't think we'll win the game.

0-0 DRAW

Middlesbrough (Home)

Normally a home banker, but so close to the end of the season, they will be fighting for their lives down the bottom and anything could happen. I'd expect it to be a very tight, narrowly contested game.

1-0 WIN

West Brom (Away)

They have a habit of beating us on their home pitch and this one looks like a potential bananaskin to me, to keep us all on the edges of our seats as we go into the final game.

1-2 LOSS

Sunderland (Home)

By then, will probably be already relegated and just playing for a bit of pride. However, that sometimes means they can play with more freedom and less worry, since its already over and we'll need to be careful.

2-1 WIN

That would give us: 22 points, putting us on 82

If we are considering City to be the likeliest to catch us, they would need to pick up 31 points from their remaining 13 games, meaning they can realistically only afford 3 games without winning. Can they do it? Certainly. Will they? I would be surprised but stranger things have happened.

Some of these look great now we've won!!!!

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Oh yes! Three pints in the pub and now the best part of a bottle of wine!  And then party time again on Monday!

Be nice to go to bridge Monday and just relax, as for next Sunday v Sunderland, thats just gonna get messy!! 

I can now share with you my deepest darkest fear that, once I thought it, I couldn't get out of my mind but could hardly voice.

If the unthinkable had happened and the Spuds won, not only would that be unbearable in it's own right - losing the league AND them winning it - it would also be very flat for JT's leaving AND, AND, AND, we wouldn't be able to sing JT's song at Sunderland.

That woke me up at night in a cold sweat.

But phew, it didn't happen and I can smile again!