Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
AzpiKnows

Realistic Targets to Sign

Coming to the end of the window is there any players people would like to see that are actually realistic? Names like Vidal & Morata are not going to happen... I'd like to see Conte strengthen at RWB but don't see many options in that area around.

If there is such a player, i think getting 1 person who can play LWB and RWB would be better, as you then don't have to try and keep and extra person happy on the bench, he can be the cover for both positions. 

GK: Tbo   -   Begovic/Eduardo

CB: Azpi - Luiz - Cahill   -   Ake/Zouma/Ivanovic/Terry

LWB: Alonso   -   Aina/Pedro/Kenedy/Ake?

RWB: Moses   -   Ivanovic/Aina/Azpi

CM: Kante - Matic   -   Fabregas/Chalobah/Ruben/Ake

LF: Hazard   -   Pedro/Willian/Ruben/Musonda/Kenedy

RF: Pedro   -   Willian/Hazard/Ruben/Musonda/Kenedy

ST: Costa   -   Batshuayi/Hazard/Ruben?

I personally believe the above starting 11 has enough cover in their positions to win us the league without needing to spend for the sake of it on back ups. Wait until summer and spend big on strengthening the actual staring 11 with marquee players.

PedroMendez and Van Butsen like this

Musunda and Kennedy haven't kicked a ball for us this season so I wouldn't really include them in terms of realistic first 11 players.

We are in a strong position and I for one would like us to add to it if the right player is available as it can only further our surge to the title.

We might not need any reinforcements then again if Costa get's injured we look terribly short up top since Michy has been barely played and doesn't look trusted by Conte and the false 9 is hit or miss.

If there's nothing available this month then there's not much we can do but the squad does need a few top additions be it now or in the summer. We found out the hard way what happens when you sit still and don't improve a squad after initial success.

brakeit, abramovich and DonAntonio like this

34 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Musunda and Kennedy haven't kicked a ball for us this season so I wouldn't really include them in terms of realistic first 11 players.

We are in a strong position and I for one would like us to add to it if the right player is available as it can only further our surge to the title.

We might not need any reinforcements then again if Costa get's injured we look terribly short up top since Michy has been barely played and doesn't look trusted by Conte and the false 9 is hit or miss.

If there's nothing available this month then there's not much we can do but the squad does need a few top additions be it now or in the summer. We found out the hard way what happens when you sit still and don't improve a squad after initial success.

We've played two matches with the false 9, and won both 3-0 - Doesn't seem that hit or miss to me.

dkw and DonAntonio like this

I would be entirely unsurprised if our only first-team purchase was a new goalkeeper.

The rumours linking Begovic with a move to Bournemouth are picking up steam, and they claim that we want to sign a replacement before we allow him to leave. I wonder who it could be... someone like Tim Krul?

I think people are overestimating our squad when saying we don't really need any new signings until summer. Couple of injuries to key players and we're in trouble.

First of all, apart from our first eleven we don't have much depth/options on the bench. I have nothing against giving youth a chance but clearly Conte doesn't feel they're ready, otherwise we'd see them in action far more often, not just in cup games and in the last ten-fifteen minutes when having a big lead already. Our veterans Terry and Ivanovic are long past it so I wouldn't want to count on them, either. Batshuayi at this point is nowhere near the standard of a player that can compete with Costa over the starting spot. 

Now I do agree with the notion that getting your transfer business done in January is difficult due to various reasons. My problem with the board is, that they haven't been able to land any significant targets for two summers in a row now, so I find it hard to believe this coming summer is going to be different.

brakeit, ozboy and Zola like this

18 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

We've played two matches with the false 9, and won both 3-0 - Doesn't seem that hit or miss to me.

We done well with it but it's clear we are at our best with a strong powerful striker leading our line. It's hit and miss in general as we have seen ourselves when we played it before those wins.

If Costa got injured would you be confident of winning the big games with a false 9? I certainly wouldn't

brakeit likes this

8 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I think people are overestimating our squad when saying we don't really need any new signings until summer. Couple of injuries to key players and we're in trouble.

First of all, apart from our first eleven we don't have much depth/options on the bench. I have nothing against giving youth a chance but clearly Conte doesn't feel they're ready, otherwise we'd see them in action far more often, not just in cup games and in the last ten-fifteen minutes when having a big lead already. Our veterans Terry and Ivanovic are long past it so I wouldn't want to count on them, either. Batshuayi at this point is nowhere near the standard of a player that can compete with Costa over the starting spot. 

Now I do agree with the notion that getting your transfer business done in January is difficult due to various reasons. My problem with the board is, that they haven't been able to land any significant targets for two summers in a row now, so I find it hard to believe this coming summer is going to be different.

Spot on

I would be entirely unsurprised if our only first-team purchase was a new goalkeeper.
The rumours linking Begovic with a move to Bournemouth are picking up steam, and they claim that we want to sign a replacement before we allow him to leave. I wonder who it could be... someone like Tim Krul?

I've also seen Diego Lopez as an option but at 35 years old? Although I have read Conte wants somebody with PL experience, if Real Madrid keep interest in Thibaut in the Summer we'll have to look for something big!

We really need better cover for Costa.

If Sunderland are still talking to us after our last transfer dealings with them, we could loan them Michy for the rest of the season, and to make sure he plays every week we could buy Defoe off them to cover for Costa. 

9 minutes ago, coco said:

We really need better cover for Costa.

If Sunderland are still talking to us after our last transfer dealings with them, we could loan them Michy for the rest of the season, and to make sure he plays every week we could buy Defoe off them to cover for Costa. 

Why would sunderland sell their ONLY hope of survival? Without Sunderland, would they have 10 points?

2 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Why would sunderland sell their ONLY hope of survival? Without Sunderland, would they have 10 points?

They have no hope of survival because of the last deal we did with them, if they dropped him 3 months ago they may have had a chance.

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

GK: Tbo   -   Begovic/Eduardo

CB: Azpi - Luiz - Cahill   -   Ake/Zouma/Ivanovic/Terry

LWB: Alonso   -   Aina/Pedro/Kenedy/Ake?

RWB: Moses   -   Ivanovic/Aina/Azpi

CM: Kante - Matic   -   Fabregas/Chalobah/Ruben/Ake

LF: Hazard   -   Pedro/Willian/Ruben/Musonda/Kenedy

RF: Pedro   -   Willian/Hazard/Ruben/Musonda/Kenedy

ST: Costa   -   Batshuayi/Hazard/Ruben?

I personally believe the above starting 11 has enough cover in their positions to win us the league without needing to spend for the sake of it on back ups. Wait until summer and spend big on strengthening the actual staring 11 with marquee players.

I agree. We have a head start in terms of points but if we were even with everyone I'd say we do need a couple of players for this season. Add the fact that we're 8 points up with the fact we're only competing on 2 fronts while most of our rivals are on 3, or 4, and I don't think we need a squad the size of theirs. Of course we're only 1 or 2 injuries away from being diminished but then again every club we're competing with would do. At least we have a proven backup plan if Costa were to be out for an extended period, knock on wood. 

It's tempting and not wrong to think we need more cover in case of X or Y. It is only a bit of money, we wouldn't be buying a marquee player. Convincing someone the prospect of winning the league and getting paid well to come be a backup for 4 months wouldn't be difficult. If that's what Conte really thinks we need I'm all for it. I'm not sure he does considering it's January 24th and we have yet to buy anyone, he doesn't seem like the type to leave it until a week before the window closes to address a major issue he sees in the squad. 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

Realistically, there's no signing for us, unless we are talking about a 35 year old third choice GK or some 17 year old kid who will go on the loan train for the next 5 years. I thought payet could be an option, but looks like he's determined to go home and West Ham won't play balls with us. Lorente would be a good backup, but if Swansea let him go their relegation battle will be over. We got enough defenders, no point getting another one to sit on the bench. We could do with a better CM as most agree, but that player isn't available at this time of the year.

18 hours ago, abramovich said:

I don't get this argument much and I see it a bit.

If any team had two injuries to key players they would be screwed.  Good players don't like sitting on the bench.

Tottenham lose Kane and Ali?
Arsenal lose Sanchez and Ozil?

We can't give youth a chance when we are winning the title because it's too risky?  We can't give youth a chance when we are getting battered because it will damage their confidence?  Up until this window, I'd say we had the most proven bench in the whole league.  We were going into games with Oscar, Mikel, Cesc and JT on the bench. I still think it' strong though it is a little more youthful now, but you have to give them a chance at some point.  There will never be a right time.  The right time is when the opportunity is there.  But anyway, the way this window is looking Conte may be thinking the same thing.

Terry and Ivanovic may be beyond the best, but they aren't beyond a cameo if someone gets injured, isn't that what you want in a bench player?  Man city are relying on a 20 year old when Aguero goes down.  Liverpool a 21 year old.  Tottenham a bloke who has only score from the penalty spot. 

How can you have a problem with the board?  What is it with people and the board.

The board could not get Conte wanted players in the summer, forget to get them in the winter. Okay in the summer we was not in the CL, but so do United and they still get high class players. I dont talk if they will be successful or something, but they buy the player their manager want, our board did not.

Its obvious we are not strong enough when we face big team. So far we lose to Totheman, Arsenal and Liverpool and we lose this matches big. We beat City, but there we have tons of luck, and they was clearly the better side. But win is a win.

So its obvious we need to strengthen our squad, even our start 11.

And last season should have show to us, that even when you win a PL, you still need to strength your squad. You have to see which players are going in the way of decline and sell it before its too late, also see who lose motivation/desire and do the same. No matter what hes name is. Every season you need some fresh blood or you are going to suffer. You need to sell some player that are too "fat" and lose the desire to give 110% of themself and get young fresh man to do the job.
I think this is the key to success.

For me the position we need top class players is: Central Midfielder, LWB and of course our Right Midfielder Pedro/Willy. Also we need cover for Mouses position. I dont think we can find better player then him, and he is in perfect age, so there is no need for that as well. And of course if we going for big money moves i hope its for a player that is below 25 years old. Thats my opinion and what i want.

The board need to do better then this. They need to bring Conte first choices, not his 5-th .... Just imagine how we wouid looks like if Nainggolan was on Matic position ...

Let`s hope the injuries not come to our team this season, or we will suffer big and the guilty will be our board, not Conte.
He said many times, if there is opportunity for a new player to come, then yes we can strengthen our squad and he have something in mind.

We failed to bring him too many players in the summer, and now in the winter they failed to bring him Franck Kessie, and probably the 2 guys from Monaco Sidibe and Bakayoko, atleast what media said, we can`t be sure, but media said we would try for them in the summer.

For Kessie there was official bid, and they reject it and the board deicde what? To not paid a little bit extra and again take Conte first choice. Who in our board decide what the player price is ? And what is overprice?

Media said Atalanta wanted 25,6mln. pounds(30mln. euro), and our first rejected offer was 21mln. pounds, so board decide to not give 4,5mln. pounds more. And maybe try again in the summer. But what if we lose the title now, Conte will take all the blame, not the board, but they will be their fault, not Conte`s. And what if Frank Kessie price in the summer is doubled? I don`t even know if he is a good player, but if Conte want it, our board should get him the player. He show he is a top manager and deserve to give him the cash and bring the player he want, not the player Emanalo want. Cause we see what happen with such players and Conte would not allow someone to mess with his work.

I think so far its obvious that Michy Batshuayi it`s Emanalo transfer, not Conte. That is the reason he play so little to none.

And i feel very sorry for the lad, cause he is gifted, but probably Conte want to make a statement to the board, to not get involve in his plans and the player he want.

Van Butsen, man you realize that is the reason why Totheman, City and Liverpool are so far behind and lose so many points and we not ? Conte so far show if the player is not giving 110% in the training and not show he is ready, HE WILL NOT PLAY.

And so far our young lads, except 1 or 2, did not show they are good enough for PL. We see them in the Cup and sorry but they not show me they are good enough for the PL.

Edited by brakeit
DidierDrogbalala and wallosh like this