Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AzpiKnows

Realistic Targets to Sign

54 posts in this topic
37 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Its obvious we are not strong enough when we face big team. So far we lose to Totheman, Arsenal and Liverpool and we lose this matches big. We beat City, but there we have tons of luck, and they was clearly the better side. But win is a win.

We have also beaten Man Utd, Tottenham, and the City match was not lucky where we they were clearly the better side at all, how has this become a thing. We should have scored early through Hazard, they then had control and should have been 2 up. We then completely dominated the 2nd half and comfortably won. We were beaten by Arsenal and Liverpool prior to conte getting the opportunity to play his preferred formation, which has worked incredibly well. Since then he only game we have been beaten in is Tottenham away, which is hardly worth panicking about as they are currently one of the form teams around.

As for conte not getting the players from the board, he wanted a left back and got one of the only ones available that he knew really well. He wanted a midfielder we got Kante, the best midfielder in the league last season. We went for centre backs but were unable to get the one we wanted, possibly due to ridiculous amounts wanted by their clubs. we got Luiz back who has been one of the best Centre backs in the league.

Edited by dkw

With a week to go the chances of strengthening our starting 11 are slim to none...dissapointing but I still think we will win with what we have and the CL in pole position should attract big players come summer, hope conte is rewarded with a proper city type budget 

18 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

With a week to go the chances of strengthening our starting 11 are slim to none...dissapointing but I still think we will win with what we have and the CL in pole position should attract big players come summer, hope conte is rewarded with a proper city type budget 

Wonder if the stadium green light will affect our transfer budget.

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

We have also beaten Man Utd, Tottenham, and the City match was not lucky where we they were clearly the better side at all, how has this become a thing. We should have scored early through Hazard, they then had control and should have been 2 up. We then completely dominated the 2nd half and comfortably won. We were beaten by Arsenal and Liverpool prior to conte getting the opportunity to play his preferred formation, which has worked incredibly well. Since then he only game we have been beaten in is Tottenham away, which is hardly worth panicking about as they are currently one of the form teams around.

As for conte not getting the players from the board, he wanted a left back and got one of the only ones available that he knew really well. He wanted a midfielder we got Kante, the best midfielder in the league last season. We went for centre backs but were unable to get the one we wanted, possibly due to ridiculous amounts wanted by their clubs. we got Luiz back who has been one of the best Centre backs in the league.

I already said win is a win. But so far stats are this, we lose to Totheman, Liverpool and Arsenal, and we lose this games big. We also have matches against Liverpol, Arsenal, City and United and we will see how it goes. In Europe there is a lot better teams and yeah we need to strengthen our starting 11 and our depth, cause so far our depth is not good enough.

Atleast for me and what i see from the last 2 manager club has have - Jose and Guus Hiddink, this spell could be very short and we should strengthen ourself in the winter/summer big.

And sorry but the board ***** hard in the summer. We get Alonso and Luis in a last moment signing, they even not have proper preseason training. They was a panic last moment buys. I`m not talking about perfeformance and how well someone has done, but what board do with the Conte target and they f***** hard.

And they could not even get the Inter Milan man - Brozovic. They could not get Morata, he himself admit it, Naiggolan and Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli, Alessio Romagnoli from Milan, Bonucci from Juventus, Rudiger/Manolas from Roma(this 2 was rumoured, not sure if its truth), as well as André Gomes from Valencio who Barcelona get. There was official offer for him aswell, but Valencia reject it, and the team decide not to send second .... There was a strong reports that we wanted Lukaku and Everton reject 2 of our offers.

And now in the winter board failed to bring Frank Kassie and Niklas Sule, who admit he decide to go to Bayern instead of us. Great right ?

Just sum up how many Conte targets they could not get.

Our position right now is because some players are in great shape, shape of their life, as well as Conte being great, great manager and motivator. And that his formation is a new to the League and no one is prepared for it.
I`m not taking anything from the players/coach, but the things can turn arround very quickly. Just look what happen last season ....
And i still think City and United have better squads then us and i do want in the winter/summer we get top, top players that CONTE WANT, not Emanalo Want, But Conte Want and strengthen ourself hard and we go and repeat the run we have this season, which is not over yet.

1 hour ago, brakeit said:

Its obvious we are not strong enough when we face big team.

It's obvious since we switched to 3-4-3 that we are strong enough to compete with any team in the league. Losing at spuds being the only dropped points, no shame in that, it was a close game and we could have taken the lead. I can see us beating Arsenal and the dippers with 3-4-3, but to say we are not strong enough against the bigger teams is just way off the mark to be honest.

yorkleyblue and dkw like this

32 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I'd probably go for Gordon if was a choice of the 3.

Gordon's a donkey. I watched quite a bit of Sunderland with Gordon between the posts and despite a tremendous first season including a worldy of a triple save, the mistakes he made of that 5 year period had even the most loyal of Sunderland fans turn against him. I'd be gutted to see him sign. Jan Oblak anyone? 

5 hours ago, coco said:

It's obvious since we switched to 3-4-3 that we are strong enough to compete with any team in the league. Losing at spuds being the only dropped points, no shame in that, it was a close game and we could have taken the lead. I can see us beating Arsenal and the dippers with 3-4-3, but to say we are not strong enough against the bigger teams is just way off the mark to be honest.

As i said we will see. But in the CL there is a lot stronger team, then in England this season, so you get my point.

5 hours ago, Frawdulant said:

Gordon's a donkey. I watched quite a bit of Sunderland with Gordon between the posts and despite a tremendous first season including a worldy of a triple save, the mistakes he made of that 5 year period had even the most loyal of Sunderland fans turn against him. I'd be gutted to see him sign. Jan Oblak anyone? 

Why exactly would Oblak leave ATM to sit on the bench at chelsea? Also why should we spend a fortune on a back up keeper when we can get replacements quite easily. 

8 hours ago, dkw said:

We went for centre backs but were unable to get the one we wanted, possibly due to ridiculous amounts wanted by their clubs. we got Luiz back who has been one of the best Centre backs in the league.

Don't forget it was confirmed that Chelsea bid 58 mil for at Napoli CB.

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Why exactly would Oblak leave ATM to sit on the bench at chelsea? Also why should we spend a fortune on a back up keeper when we can get replacements quite easily. 

That's pretty much the exact opposite of a realistic target. 

Hopefully we move for someone English to take care of a HG slot. I nominate Scott Carson if you are reading this Antonio. 14 clean sheets so far for Derby

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

2 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Hopefully we move for someone English to take care of a HG slot. I nominate Scott Carson if you are reading this Antonio. 14 clean sheets so far for Derby

Being from Derby and going to quite a few of their games i can categorically say this move would be shocking. Never in my life have i seen a keeper as bad with his feet and decision making. 

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Being from Derby and going to quite a few of their games i can categorically say this move would be shocking. Never in my life have i seen a keeper as bad with his feet and decision making. 

Never in your life eh?

On 25/01/2017 at 13:22, coco said:

Honestly I agree with him in some ways, I think we can match up with anyone but the Tottenham and city win we were outplayed by city, our defence was all over the place but we were decisive and clinical, 9 times out of 10 we lose that game, KDB scores, and it's a hard road back, Tottenham outplayed us for 3 halfs of football and we outplayed them second half of the game we won, we certainly have weaknesses that need addressed having said that we are doing fantastic, where I agree with what the guy said is we will have trouble with big teams who can play at a high tempo, a lot of our success has been down to the formation, now that teams have learned how to play against us it's getting harder than at first when we swapped and we're blowing teams away, we get outplayed by high intensity teams like Tottenham, it's not cause for panic we are doing enough to win the league, but to compete with the best especially in Europe next year there are parts of the pitch we are lacking, sort that and we will be unplayable almost. 

This word 'outplayed', what does it mean ? They didn't score more goals than us, and conceded more than we did, not exactly outplaying us is it.

Don't get fooled by the amount of possession a team has, it's what you do, or don't do, with the ball that counts.

On 25/01/2017 at 19:10, didierforever said:

I was thinking more for Courtois as it looks more and more likely that he will be off in the summer. Sorry should have been clearer with that.

I was thinking more for Courtois as it looks more and more likely that he will be off in the summer. Sorry should have been clearer with that.

Atletico Madrid won't sell Oblak right now. They know in a year or 2 years time they can sell him for around 80m. So its unrealistic to expect us to sign him.

21 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

So Antonio Cassano has been released from Sampdoria... not that I'm mentioning that for any particular reason.

For no real reason other than he's madder than a box of frogs, I've always liked Cassano.

Could be interesting to see him and Costa the same team and see how long it is before they fell out. 

On 27/01/2017 at 09:40, coco said:

This word 'outplayed', what does it mean ? They didn't score more goals than us, and conceded more than we did, not exactly outplaying us is it.

Don't get fooled by the amount of possession a team has, it's what you do, or don't do, with the ball that counts.

Yes the final score counts but city were all over us, outplayed doesn't mean more posestion only it means bossing the tempo of the game, creating chances conceding few chances, not allowing us to play out, not allowing us to get momentum, we took our chances they didn't but the point is under the conditions mentioned they win that game 9 times out of 10, so us taking chances very good for that one game but not good for the other nine games, and since a team is judged over the season not one game, being bossed on the pitch, although being saved by being clinical, isn't a good long term outlook, there is only so many times KDB will miss an open goal and only so many times we will bury every chance, relying on exceptions not rules isn't a great football strategy, I'm sure you will agree the team that bosses the game, possession, tempo, momentum, chances created is generally the team you want to be. 

Edited by DonAntonio

On 1/27/2017 at 22:04, PloKoon13 said:

So Antonio Cassano has been released from Sampdoria... not that I'm mentioning that for any particular reason.

Not happening. Cassano and Conte get on like oil and water.

3 minutes ago, DaRick said:

Not happening. Cassano and Conte get on like oil and water.

Haha I vaguely remembered Conte dropping Cassano, but I didn't realise it was quite this bad.

DaRick likes this