Anyone worried about summer departures?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I can't help but feel some of our best players are wanting to/going to leave this summer champions or not and I'm really worried by the fact the transfer market these days seems to have nobody worthwhile actually available or at least not to us.

1) Diego Costa - seems absolutely nailed on to leave in summer and I will be devastated. I believe he's quite misherable in England if you watch his Instagram story all he ever posts his pictures of his dog and whilst it's cute it just strikes me apart from his best friend he's lonely, can't speak the language and he always posts videos of bad weather. IMO we can't sign anyone that is half the striker he is without his goals this year off the top of my head we'd have dropped points against West Brom, West Ham , Watford , palace , city , boro, Southampton, think we have a massive need to pay him whatever the f**k he wants tbh because next year we will have lukaku or morata at best .

2) Thibaut Courtois - so so many Madrid reports .. so so many times he's talked out about Chelsea negatively .. he's saying all the right things this year but now media are reporting he's bought a house in Madrid where his girlfriend and child live. Every player we have had from athletico seem to not like it here (Diego,tibo,Felipe luis) 

3) Fabregas - seems likely to leave, spoke out this week about being sad at not playing. I imagine he feels like every time he plays he feels he does enough to justify a place ahead of matic and each time the time sheet comes he feels like he's again not trusted.  He will be a massive miss perhaps bigger than courtois. 

4) Hazard - now Eden might stay and leave the year after but I can't imagine it will be much longer than that. Madrid might get Tibo this season and Eden next.

Does this not worry anyone else ?  The absolute best replacements we could get imo are James Rodriquez for Hazard .. downgrade .. lukaku / morata/ lacazette - who would be my choice- for Costa but still a massive downgrade .. no idea who replaces tibo realistically or cesc I mean I know Vidal is linked but for me he still won't offer us what fabregas does.

I think you have some valid points for sure.

I do fear Courtois and Diego Costa are looking to leave this summer and we would have a very, very hard time replacing those two. Don't even think it could be done properly as i don't know who we could get at their level. 

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

I think you have some valid points for sure.

I do fear Courtois and Diego Costa are looking to leave this summer and we would have a very, very hard time replacing those two. Don't even think it could be done properly as i don't know who we could get at their level. 

If Courtois went to Real then like reported i would ask for Morata and cash.  If they refuse, tough sh*t.  Costa to Atletico I would ask for Griezmann or Oblak.  Prove how much they want them

17 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

I can't help but feel some of our best players are wanting to/going to leave this summer champions or not and I'm really worried by the fact the transfer market these days seems to have nobody worthwhile actually available or at least not to us.

1) Diego Costa - seems absolutely nailed on to leave in summer and I will be devastated. I believe he's quite misherable in England if you watch his Instagram story all he ever posts his pictures of his dog and whilst it's cute it just strikes me apart from his best friend he's lonely, can't speak the language and he always posts videos of bad weather. IMO we can't sign anyone that is half the striker he is without his goals this year off the top of my head we'd have dropped points against West Brom, West Ham , Watford , palace , city , boro, Southampton, think we have a massive need to pay him whatever the f**k he wants tbh because next year we will have lukaku or morata at best .

2) Thibaut Courtois - so so many Madrid reports .. so so many times he's talked out about Chelsea negatively .. he's saying all the right things this year but now media are reporting he's bought a house in Madrid where his girlfriend and child live. Every player we have had from athletico seem to not like it here (Diego,tibo,Felipe luis) 

3) Fabregas - seems likely to leave, spoke out this week about being sad at not playing. I imagine he feels like every time he plays he feels he does enough to justify a place ahead of matic and each time the time sheet comes he feels like he's again not trusted.  He will be a massive miss perhaps bigger than courtois

4) Hazard - now Eden might stay and leave the year after but I can't imagine it will be much longer than that. Madrid might get Tibo this season and Eden next.

Does this not worry anyone else ?  The absolute best replacements we could get imo are James Rodriquez for Hazard .. downgrade .. lukaku / morata/ lacazette - who would be my choice- for Costa but still a massive downgrade .. no idea who replaces tibo realistically or cesc I mean I know Vidal is linked but for me he still won't offer us what fabregas does.

There is only 1 person to blame for that but nobody can or just refuse to see it..  All of those 4, cesc is the only 1 who's in our hand to keep.. show him more faith, trust him and he won't be asking to leave..

costa and courtouis look the more likely to depart but I feel we can still cope without those 2 possible replacements, however the same thing can not be said with hazard.. If we lose hazard plus fabregas then it would be hell to watch chelsea in term of creativity and flair..

I can see only Fabregas leaving, he's world class player that can play in any world class team and he has to play, his age is still good enough. Unfortunately, he can't get a starter position in our team because our system requires two midfielders that have to be good defensively. I really hope he will stay, but hard to believe.

Hazard, Diego, Courtois will stay, especially under Conte. 

yes, some of these guys might want to go but by summer we would hope to be a) Premier League Champions and b) preparing to have a serious tilt at the Champions League next season. That might encourage some to stay, I suppose that depends what else is on offer.

I have a theory that you have to change something each season or else your style of play gets found out and people know how to stop you / unpick you. I think Liverpool are going through this right now - people have figured out you need to be disciplined in defence, bide your time and hit them on the counter. Klopp will have to change something soon.

We've caught everyone out with Conte's 3-4-3 and the combination of players we have this season - but next season we will need something a little different to be successful, that's football.

Costa might leave but I don't think him posting photos of bad weather will have anything to do with it. Take a photo outdoors in the UK at anytime of the year and there is a pretty reasonable chance it will be bad weather. We are the undefeated world champions of bad weather. I'm fairly certain Costa had an idea of that before he joined us.

3 hours ago, carrickblue said:

yes, some of these guys might want to go but by summer we would hope to be a) Premier League Champions and b) preparing to have a serious tilt at the Champions League next season. That might encourage some to stay, I suppose that depends what else is on offer.

I have a theory that you have to change something each season or else your style of play gets found out and people know how to stop you / unpick you. I think Liverpool are going through this right now - people have figured out you need to be disciplined in defence, bide your time and hit them on the counter. Klopp will have to change something soon.

We've caught everyone out with Conte's 3-4-3 and the combination of players we have this season - but next season we will need something a little different to be successful, that's football.

To be honest, that tactic has long been around since last century, ok a bit of hyperbole but you get my point.. hardly something new for them to 'figure out...'

4 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I can see only Fabregas leaving, he's world class player that can play in any world class team and he has to play, his age is still good enough. Unfortunately, he can't get a starter position in our team because our system requires two midfielders that have to be good defensively. I really hope he will stay, but hard to believe.

Hazard, Diego, Courtois will stay, especially under Conte. 

I would be suprised if Conte don't have a plan B for our formation/tactics for next season, 3-4-3 is great, but against tougher oposition 3-5-2 might be a better choice. I think Fabregas would create a perfect balance in a midfield three, alongside Kante and Bakayoko/Matic.

Conte has already experimentet with his tactics against Crystal Palace, where we played very simillar to 3-5-2 (Willian dropping into central midfield at times)

http://theprideoflondon.com/2016/12/19/antonio-conte-chelsea-formation-2/

Edited by comtrend

Curtois seems like a fair weather man. Keep winning and he'll have no problem staying. If we weren't doing so well so far he wouldn't be saying what he has been IMO. 

Costa is the victim of press rumors, I don't think he's as eager to leave as it's been made out. One more shot at the CL here will pacify him to stay. At worst he'll want out after next season. 

Hazard wants to go out on top so I suppose you could say he'll be off if we win the league but I feel he wants to make good in the CL. I think that goes hand in hand with him playing poorly lately, if the title race starts getting close I expect he'll start lighting it up again. He looks like he slacks off when theres no pressure on.

I think it's laughable to think Cesc will leave. There are only a handful of clubs who could afford him and how many of those would he actually start at every week? 

I think Matic and Dave are most likely to leave this summer. Dave doesn't seem like he'll have a nailed on spot going forward and unless he stays on as a utility player I can't see him sticking around. 

Matic clearly isn't good enough going forward. He'll want to start and I hope we can't offer him that come August. 

I really think the so called mass departures are just a wind up by the media. With the amount of money he get, I'm sure Courtois could afford a holiday house or 2 in Madrid, nothing to see there. Costa looked happy on the field, the media/his agent cooked up a story about him when there was no story. Hazard said he would only leave after he proved himself to be a winner at Chelsea, so.. Cesc looked hungry every time he came on, I really doubt he could move on to a better team, after Barca and Chelsea.

Matic is free to go, Dave is still in first name on the time sheet, he'd do a job at striker if he has to, the man is undroppable.

Costa - Showed he isn't as unhappy as the press makes out with his last celebration. Always seems happy whenever i've seen him (laughing on the bench, making jokes in training etc.) Throw enough money at him and i think he'll stay for a couple more years yet.

Courtois - Once again seems a lot happier lately, however the concern is his family living in Madrid. He's always claimed to love Atletico as a club so not sure if he'd want to go to Real and ruin that relationship?? If so he's the most likely to leave but the easiest to replace imo.

Hazard - I don't think he has the drive to leave for a bigger club. One bad game for Real or Barca and the fans would be on his back. Can see him finishing his career or at least staying til his 30's if we can keep him happy.

Fabregas - Can't see him leaving for a club abroad. He moved back to London for his family and don't think he'll want to move them again. Unless Arsenal comes in for him, which they won't, i see him staying in the squad.

Costa will go. He has already said several times he wanted to go back to Spain last season and speculation is always rife with him. If he wins us the title he can leave with no hard feelings so long as we get a good fee....the real problem is replacing him.

Cesc will go too because he's far too good a footballer to be warming the bench, his passing and vision is by far the best in the EPL and he deserves to be playing games. I don't think Conte see's him in his starting 11 unless he brings in a better player than Matic to even up the midfield.

Tibo will stay, Madrid will no doubt be sniffing about him and De Gea again but we have CL football next season (you would think) so he should be content.

The real issue will be replacing Diego as there is a real lull of world class strikers out there and the best ones are tied down by massive clubs. Dortmund striker is about the only one I can think of but then you have United, Arsenal, Madrid and Barca all linked with him.

11 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I really think the so called mass departures are just a wind up by the media. With the amount of money he get, I'm sure Courtois could afford a holiday house or 2 in Madrid, nothing to see there. Costa looked happy on the field, the media/his agent cooked up a story about him when there was no story. Hazard said he would only leave after he proved himself to be a winner at Chelsea, so.. Cesc looked hungry every time he came on, I really doubt he could move on to a better team, after Barca and Chelsea.

Matic is free to go, Dave is still in first name on the time sheet, he'd do a job at striker if he has to, the man is undroppable.

Right now. Is he still after the summer when we've brought in a CB or two?

In Conte's system Eden is given the freedom to display his talents, with little defensive responsibility.    Why would he leave and as RIP says put himself in a place with more pressure on himself?  At Chelsea he has the potential to be the real star of the team for several seasons.

I think Tibo may want to go if Madrid come calling, but it would be a massive fee and we could potentially negotiate a player Rodriguez or Morata into the deal.  I am sure we could find a good keeper to replace him.

I think Costa one is that's more uncertain.  The media stuff is misleading mischief.  He seems to enjoy playing under Conte, it depends if Atletico can come up with a suitable offer, or if Costa + cash = Griesman?

If the so called big guns did leave then we have the man to manage the team and keep going I think. Who would have thought at the start of this season victor Moses and Marcus alonso wud have been playing the way they are? 

When Diego does go there's no doubt we will make a tasty profit on him. Hazard is Madrid bound, no doubt about that. His hero is zidane. We will get 1 or 2 years out of him and that's it. We have to believe in conte to bring in players he thinks can make the team better. None of us expected to be where we are now so let's just trust the management to make the best decisions for the club. Also let's hope one day we give a youth player a chance and he becomes the new jt!!!

well, we can hope can't we..................