Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loz

2017 Running Costs

26 posts in this topic

Hi folks

That time of year again I'm afraid.  Our hosting invoice is now due and Mod and I need to pay £240 to keep the site online.  The invoice is actually due to be paid today (my fault, I missed the reminders) so there is a real risk we mgiht be taken down very shortly.

As always I appeal to many people to make small donations rather than a handful of people to make larger ones.  Anything is much appreciated.

Just follow the 'Donations' link in the top menu.

Cheers

Loz

Thanks to everyone who has responded so quickly. Hell of an effort folks. Much appreciated.

coco likes this

Having problems connecting to PayPal from my Kindle. I will try again from my PC in the morning.

coco likes this

Had a frantically busy day, but have managed it now!!  I am off to Thailand on Tuesday!!!

coco likes this

On 29/01/2017 at 20:46, moi said:

Had a frantically busy day, but have managed it now!!  I am off to Thailand on Tuesday!!!

Bon Voyage !!

Done.  Not sure, but looks like you've exceeded what was asked.  Congrats to all

The surplus is going on some season tickets that can be used by people who post on here. It's a great idea. Just email loz if you fancy a cheap day at the Bridge.

mad_mac and Beerqueen like this

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

The surplus is going on some season tickets that can be used by people who post on here. It's a great idea. Just email loz if you fancy a cheap day at the Bridge.

ah yeah, that's right.  

May take up on that in the future myself 

Ha I wish! The surplus sits in the forums account and pays for the various mod renewals when they come round. If there is anything left over after that it goes towards next year's hosting fees.

I've donated. Can this be used to bump up my "Community Rating" which would seem to be pretty poor? For example I've noticed I have a lower rating that G3.7. I've met him and he's execrable, whereas I am a lovely man.  

coco, yorkleyblue, youlots and 1 other like this

Maybe go for more populist "conte is good"  type contributions  and fewer esoteric player ratings that upset and infuriate in equal measure? 

No one knows what you're talking about half the time and that's even when they read your posts in a real accent. 

moi, Liam, yorkleyblue and 3 others like this

Please like my post in the Burnley match thread. Feel free to quote me.

8 minutes ago, Liam said:

Please like my post in the Burnley match thread. Feel free to quote me.

I have a wonderful nephew called Liam who is currently paying for my glorious holiday in Thailand. Lest this seem a trifle irrelevant, I should explain that at his birth, his parents could not agree upon a name. When he was three days old the Irish midwife told them she had a cousin called Liam. Thereupon the hapless parents decided this should be their son's moniker. So, on the grounds that my Liam could be connected to the desperately seeking likes Liam, I urge you to hasten to aforementioned Burnley match thread and tick as if your life depended on it.

yorkleyblue likes this

We Liams are all connected Moi. It doesn't surprise me in the least that you would describe him as wonderful. I hope you are enjoying your time in Thailand.