Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

adineen98

Moussa Dembele

There was information that we track this guy for long time. Though we didn`t make a move and Celtic took him for free from Fulham. Why the board didn`t act quicker and didn`t take it before he go to Celtic, and now they want 40mln? We could have get him and then loan him somewhere.

Although i think Moussa Dembele is a great young lad, that have bright future. But the price is heavy, esp. when you know they took him for free. It`s a miss from our board, another mistake from them, and if we count there are a lots over the years.

And for the comparison with Traore, for sure Dembele is more gifted of them. Have great technique, dribble, pace and shooting.

And so far Traore has not been impressive in Ajax.

Edited by brakeit
wallosh likes this

1 minute ago, Zeta said:

I'll be so disappointed if we waste all that money on him. We already spunked £33m on a striker who clearly isn't good enough yet, don't do it again.

How can you say clearly isn't good enough when he hasn't played. You can't judge a player from 30 seconds at the end of a match. Whether Conte  thinks Batman is good enough is another thing because he sees him in training everyday.

STATS likes this

1 hour ago, brakeit said:

There was information that we track this guy for long time. Though we didn`t make a move and Celtic took him for free from Fulham. Why the board didn`t act quicker and didn`t take it before he go to Celtic, and now they want 40mln? We could have get him and then loan him somewhere.

Although i think Moussa Dembele is a great young lad, that have bright future. But the price is heavy, esp. when you know they took him for free. It`s a miss from our board, another mistake from them, and if we count there are a lots over the years.

And for the comparison with Traore, for sure Dembele is more gifted of them. Have great technique, dribble, pace and shooting.

You've just listed all the attributed that Traore is also great at...

Traore may not have killed the Eredivisie but he's proved himself there before with Vitesse and scored goals at a much higher level for Chelsea. 

People saying 'Dembele has more potential' are basing this purely on their own opinion with absolutely zero fact. 

The only facts we do have are we have plenty of young attacking talent already on our books. If we want to start spending big money buy someone who is already close to the finished article or has proved themselves at a decent level, not the bloody poverty Scottish league. 

Chelsbear and CarefreeSimmo_ like this

1 hour ago, brakeit said:

We wanted him last season and so did Tottenham but he wanted to play first team football. It is not like we were not aware of his talents. Our scouts had eyes on him from when we played Fulham in youth cup then also when he was in first team at Fulham and scoring in the Championship.

I saw Henry say that us and other PL teams made mistakes. Teams were aware of him. Brendan Rodgers however convinced him that Celtic was the right move for this stage of his career. Before that he was about to move to Galatasaaray I think. Believe me, the reason we don't have Dembele is not because of failure from the board but instead the player opted against coming here.

6 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

How can you say clearly isn't good enough when he hasn't played. You can't judge a player from 30 seconds at the end of a match. Whether Conte  thinks Batman is good enough is another thing because he sees him in training everyday.

The manager judges him every day in training and he won't even play him when there are no other strikers available. In the few games he has played in the cups, he's looked pretty average at best.

8 hours ago, Zeta said:

The manager judges him every day in training and he won't even play him when there are no other strikers available. In the few games he has played in the cups, he's looked pretty average at best.

I always think the best away to judge a player is over a run of games, not a single game. Especially when they have not been involved in the team much, they will need more of an adjusting period.

Ernie_blue likes this

This season, Dembele only has 9 goals in 21 games for the runaway leaders in the weak Scottish league ? Even Scott bloody Sinclair has 13 LOL ...

And Tammy Abraham has already scored more goals in the Championship for Bristol City than Dembele managed in it last season for Fulham ... I certainly know who I'd rather have in our squad :-)

It`s very bad to look only on stats. Thats how Liverpool buyed Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam, Henderson and Stewart Downing. You have to look at the stats, but mainly in the qualities/skills/abilities player poses.

And have that in mind that i did not say that Dembele is better then Abraham or something like that. Just the stats is not everything. And Dembele is very different player then Tammy.

But i really hope if Tammy keep improve and scores to lead our attack in 2-3 years from now.

STATS likes this