Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
mad_mac

January... press show themselves to know little

Given we are linked with all and sundry every window, i think it has to be easy to be a journo in the Transfer window, and this January showed it.

I understand that we are in a good position in the League, we aren't in Europe so maybe don't need to have as large a squad, and that in turn is giving Conte the ability to properly assess some of the youngsters.  HOwever, this window we were linked with at least a dozen players, lots of whom seemed to be taking over from spots currently back-filled by youth prospects.  The stories were so easy to write: Alonso, possibly not a COnte signing, so he's going for a new LWB.  Matic, not good enough and back up is CHalobah, better link us with another CM/DM again.

And the best part is, it's easy for the press given our current situation to say "well, Conte was just checking his options in January, but he will, for sure, go for this player in the summer...just stay tuned."

It's such a bore any longer.

So, who has been and continue to be creditable in the press when it comes to our transfers?

If I were a charlatan journalist, I would have made up a Mandzukic rumour personally.

It's the perfect post-news or post-fact story or whatever they're calling bullsh*t nowadays:

1) Costa is allegedly leaving so Chelsea absolutely need a proven centre forward of European calibre

2) Mandzukic plays for Juventus so has an obvious connection to Conte (subtly glossing over the fact that he was signed under Allegri)

3) The glossing over will be by means of a quote from someone like Mario Stanic praising Mandzukic to the hilt for the achievements throughout his career and [out of context] describing why he'd be a perfect fit for Chelsea.

13 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

If I were a charlatan journalist, I would have made up a Mandzukic rumour personally.

It's the perfect post-news or post-fact story or whatever they're calling bullsh*t nowadays:

1) Costa is allegedly leaving so Chelsea absolutely need a proven centre forward of European calibre

2) Mandzukic plays for Juventus so has an obvious connection to Conte (subtly glossing over the fact that he was signed under Allegri)

3) The glossing over will be by means of a quote from someone like Mario Stanic praising Mandzukic to the hilt for the achievements throughout his career and [out of context] describing why he'd be a perfect fit for Chelsea.

You've basically deduced the football journo formulae for Chelsea transfer rumours because it's virtually what they're all doing. It's pretty damn annoying, but hey, I'd say studying journalism and tossing your critical theory, integrity  and degree up your arris for a few clicks/pounds is annoying for the journos. Scratch that actually, said swines happily slip it up there for a couple cheques, bar stewards.