Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PythonLu

Sergio Aguero

54 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, PythonLu said:

Call me Trump, but from what I can recall we simply weren't able to buy him for all the wrong reasons. Some people might call it a lack of interest, but I think they wanted to safe face by showing confidence in Torres, who, at that point, was still new. That's the only reason City got Kun for the ridiculous amount of £38m. 

2011 was a very dark year indeed. Ancelotti got sacked, Torres was bought, we watched Suarez join Liverpool and Kun join City, and wasted a full summer on a pipe dream that's called Neymar. But as they say the night is darkest just before the dawn. 

38m and massive wages.

Suarez had bitten someone already by then, everyone knew about him, only liverpool were scummy enough to take a punt on someone that volatile.

PythonLu likes this

6 minutes ago, Stim said:

38m and massive wages.

Suarez had bitten someone already by then, everyone knew about him, only liverpool were scummy enough to take a punt on someone that volatile.

:biggrin::biggrin:

Edit: Only Liverpool ... and Barca. For the latter he scored something like 110 goals in 120 appearances? He is a bit of a lunatic, you're right, but I'd have taken him even after his time at Liverpool. Goals do matter.

Edited by PythonLu
Sapper245 likes this

On 18/2/2017 at 20:15, Jezz said:

It's a shame we didn't sign Aguero in 2011 when the opportunity was there for the taking. Instead, we persisted with the hope that Torres would recapture the form he displayed with Liverpool.

Hindsight is wonderful thing, but didn't Aguero turn us down for City or we did cool off interest of him? I cannot remember exactly.

Impatience & panick!! aguero wasn't available in january and the board felt like they had to do something to arrest the so called 'bad moment' under ancelotti which of course the purchase of torres didn't really help matter... Aguero didn't turn us down nor we were scared away by his wage demand.. Torres was more expensive, both in transfer fee and wage so money was not an issue..

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, had wilkin not gotten the sack, we wouldn't have done that business in january.. however, to be fair to torres, he had his contribution in our maiden CL triumph so maybe not totally a waste of money..

Not signing Aguero was an absolute disgrace in January, we have the money and he wanted out so no reason not to, need to show some AMBITION in the market again!!! Batshuayi needs opportunities but probably isn't good enough and we have no one else so any moron could see he was destined for us