Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

enigma

Chelsea Kits for the 2017/18 season

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 03:02, DonAntonio said:

Do you know Chelsea traditional away kit is red? Not sure why people get caught up on this no red in the shirt nonsense 

IMG_1756.PNG

Sure our first ever change strip was white tops and shorts with black socks. Saw that on the historical strips too.

On 23/06/2017 at 03:19, MoJames said:

Oh it's really just looking at the kits, the red doesn't flow with the schemes used. Home would look very clean with a white logo, away with blue and third with white again. Just my opinion.

Haha sorry mate there is a contingency of fans that go loopy over red because Liverpool and arsenal wear red and it's silly, if we brought back a red away kit at some point I'd probably buy it 

6 hours ago, erskblue said:

Sure our first ever change strip was white tops and shorts with black socks. Saw that on the historical strips too.

Yea it was, you're totally correct, I love this stuff I'm a kit buff :biggrin:  our first was all white with black socks and we kept that for I think 5 plus years then got a red away kit and it fluctuated between white and red with different short and sock combos from our formation all the way to the 60's when we got the Brazil inspired yellow away with blue shorts.

We even had a black and white juve inspired strip and an inter Milan inspired strip but I think that those were a one off for a cup. Im pretty sure I've red we have a Norwich city inspired strip too, but if a step down from the other inspirations. 

Our original home strip wasn't blue it was that horrible colour that Tibo wore last year, I guess you would call it a pistachio. I'd love to see some of the old away strips come back we have had the sh*t end of the stick when it comes to kits recently.

I'm not a fan of Nike but I like the deeper blue we are wearing looks a lot more serious, haven't seen a leaked 3rd kit yet but I hope it's not just black, we need a bit of jazz going on.

Ithink their market research shows Chelsea fans are very reserved they always play our kits very safe, personally I like a colourful away or third kid as long as it's not too fruity.

I liked cities burgundy it looked top notch, if they gave us a red away kit again I'd like to see it a deeper red not bright red because if honest people are used to the red blue rivalry now and not burgundy for similar reasons but a nice deep red would look good I think. 

This might not make me popular but I'd also like to see a home kit with yellow socks again :JC_doubleup:

Our 1978-81 change strip. Yellow and Green was pretty similar to the Norwich home kit. We wore Umbro they had admiral . Always think of Martin Peters in that Norwich strip pf 1978/79. Probably was on a Shoot magazine front cover of that era or a similar magazine.

That away kit from 1986/87 and 1987/88 still looks horrible.

I started watching football in 1974/75 and supporting Chelsea. The replica strips from admiral,Umbro,adidas were just starting to be sold. So I too have a fascination about the way strips developed. Some classic,some horrible!

I have liked some of our older red away kits. But in the modern era of football I can't see Nike making a Chelsea away kit red, considering our growing rivalry with the likes of Liverpool. I like this new way kit, but do always appreciate a yellow one.

My only criticism of the new home kit is that it's a bit bland. There's is nothing that really stands out as a feature, plus it's expensive as f**k although I don't really buy the shirts anyway (unflattering when you don't have washboard abs imo). I love the shade of blue they picked and I'm always a sucker for white socks on home kit so I'm pleased with that. Love the colour of the away kit too, really nice.

14 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

BTW, i think the New Arsenal home top is the best in the PL, Puma have done a brilliant job, Nike take note...

So basically you want a collar ?

On 20.7.2017 at 14:30, LengmanJedi said:

No clue, can't wait to see if it's the camo one though that's a beauty!

It probably will be. The last few years Nike have made the exact same 3rd kit for almost every team, just with minor differences when in comes to colours. An example is the template where the end of the sleeves were black.

Why any adult pays for these for themselves is beyond me. The prices are beyond outrageous, almost literally and certainly morally criminally so.

When the time comes, I will likely buy them for my kid(s). The joy and excitement of getting them as a kid myself means I will be a sucker and pay the extortionate prices to give my own the same joy.

Til then, they can keep em.

I wasn't a fan of the preview but seeing it in action is different stuff altogether  it looks really good and made us look more formidable. Kante at one point looked taller I think