Your dream summer window?

Argo
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

If we speak about what we see we'd be here forever, hence why stats are useful. I could say Carroll is world class because i SAW him score an overhead kick a few weeks back. Fact is stats help you back up what you see.

You kind of proved my point about going back to other seasons with the Mahrez comparison.. Hence why i only looked at this season and that is how Brozovic is currently performing, why would i care how he performed 2, 5 or 10 years ago? Its not your past performances that get you the transfer, its what they are doing now. It took Rakitic until he was 26 to get his switch to a big club (Barca), you can't just say Brozovic is at his level at Inter ha ha. Or is this just your almighty superior footballing brain and vision coming into play again. :blush2:

So you only judge players based on one season? Or in this case 15 games? :laugh2: that proves how flawed your logic is, going back 2 or 3 seasons clearly gives a more accurate reading of how good a player really is, and as we can see Brozovic isn't really creative and isn't really good defensively.

Rakitic proved himself before he turned 26 and could have no doubt got a move to a big club earlier he had some very impressive seasons under his belt, Brozovic on the other hand as I told you doesn't even have one good season under his belt and you really think Conte would want him? 

This is getting really boring now, so I will say Brozovic is a decent player who I would have had at Chelsea in the summer as we were so bad last season I didn't think we would be challenging for the PL for a good few years, so a player like Brozovic would have been decent until we got back to being a top team again, but as Conte sorted us out we simply don't need a player like him, we need to be signing one of the top midfielders in Europe like Vidal, Koke or Rakitic or the most promising midfielder in Europe in Bakayoko, not someone who is a tier below in Brozovic.

On 2/15/2017 at 06:52, didierforever said:

Last night showed why veratti would be an absolute BEAST!!!!

Radja is a good player, but just not on the same level/plane. Veratti should be our first choice dream signing even though I see no reason why A) PSG will sell him, B) He would want to come.

Could go for the younger version of Verratti, Koziello from Nice.

1 minute ago, didierforever said:

Honestly, no idea. Have watched Nice just once.

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/582560-vincent-koziello-who-he-is-and-why-you-must-watch-out-for-him-in-2016.html

Thanks to his energetic demeanour, which is in stark comparison to the more minimalist work rate of OGC Nice poster boy Hatem Ben-Arfa, his movement off the ball is constant, and this results in him seeing plenty of it. Furthermore, when given the opportunity he likes to burst forward with the ball, similar to Ben-Arfa. While his dribbling isn't flashy, he glides forward positively when given the space, and has been successful in over 66% of the occasion he has taken on an opposition player. 

koz4.jpg

His work rate is crucial in defending as well as attack, and thanks to Koziello's awareness and intelligence he is able to use it to his advantage. Constantly throughout games Koziello is looking for spaces in the midfield or in front of the defence to fill in. This is particularly crucial in instances when midfield partner Seri has broken forward leaving a space in midfield alongside Mendy. Such good positional awareness has led to him averaging one interception and just under three tackles every game,

This defensive impact is surprising given both his attacking abilities and physical stature. Players who tend to fill the advanced playmaker role, and are of similar stature to Koziello, on the whole let their defensive work fall to the wayside, but instead Koziello uses it as another string to his bow. He is tenacious as a consequence of the aforementioned energy which engulfs him, and in addition to his positional awareness this gives him a plethora of opportunities to dispossess opponents. Furthermore, this bolsters his attacking impact, as he wins the ball in both the opposition half as a result of pressing high, as well as in his own half and this allows him to start attacks.

So while Koziello may not be the provider in terms of goals, he doesn't look to unpick defences with speculative splitting through balls too often, and prefers to be ready to foil a potential counter attack, rather than bursting into the overcrowded box as his team attacks, he is instead the enabler. His energy allows him to dispossess opponents and in conjunction with his precise passing, he gives his team a platform to mount menacing attacks from. 

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Could go for the younger version of Verratti, Koziello from Nice.

Or tielemans who despite being only 19, he has nearly 3 times as many appearances as koziello, including champions league and international experience.  

Not seen much of koziello, but is he ready to make the step up yet? 

Its a tricky one with signing young players, i think they need to be head and shoulders above our own products, or we may as well just go with one of our own.

8 hours ago, big blue said:

Or tielemans who despite being only 19, he has nearly 3 times as many appearances as koziello, including champions league and international experience.  

Not seen much of koziello, but is he ready to make the step up yet? 

Its a tricky one with signing young players, i think they need to be head and shoulders above our own products, or we may as well just go with one of our own.

From what I have seen mixed with that assessment then most defiantly.

Problem we have got is to compete in Europe we need truly elite players, chances to sign players already there like Verratti and Dybala are long shots so the best way to go is to gamble on players with a high chance of getting there like we did with Hazard and Juve did with Dybala.

• 3 weeks later...

Out:

Willian 50-60mil

Batshuayi 30mil

Oscar 50-60mil *already sold

Begovic 10mil

In:

Fabinho 30-40 mil

Ghoulam 30-40 mil

VVD 40-50 mil

A.Sanchez 30-40mil (1 year left on contract)

C.Gordon 10mil

3-4-3:

--------------------------Courtois/C.Gordon---------------------------------

---------------Azp/Christensen---D.Luiz---VVD/Cahill---------------------

Moses/Fabinho-------Kante/Matic--Fabinho/Fabr-------Ghoulam/Alonso

-------Sanchez/Pedro---------Costa/Sanchez--------Hazard/Pedro-------

3-5-2:

----------------------------Courtois/C.Gordon---------------------------------

-------------Azp/Christensen------D.Luiz-------VVD/Cahill------------------

Moses/Fabinho-------Kante---Fabr--Fabinho/Matic--------Ghoulam/Alonso

-----------------Costa/Sanchez--------Hazard/Sanchez/Pedro--------------

I think this would be our best possible squad this summer, if we are not overspending and looking at realistic targets. You have a plan A (3-4-3) for counterattacking and playing against the weaker teams, or plan B (3-5-2) to keep possession with an even stronger central midfield. We can have injuries and rest players without a big drop in quality. Versatile players like Fabinho and Sanchez can play in different position in our starting 11, keeping them sharp when they need to cover for someone else.

On 11/03/2017 at 12:56, comtrend said:

Fabinho 30-40 mil

Ghoulam 30-40 mil

VVD 40-50 mil

A.Sanchez 30-40mil (1 year left on contract)

C.Gordon 10mil

I can get you a can of WD40 cheaper than 50 million ;)

Me:

Gianluigi Donnarumma

Raphael Varane

Marco Veratti

Radja Nainggolan

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Are any realistic when we're being linked with Jesse Lingard? lol

Upgrade on Cahill whether through a new signing or bringing through a young player, the later is my preference if they can make the step up.

Upgrade Matic and give Kante a midfield partner of the same caliber (looking at someone like Veratti). 

And upgrade on one of Moses or Alonso, preferably Moses who is our biggest liability, IMO. 

Then, if I'm greedy upgrade on Wilian/Pedro with an all star in Hazard's league. 

10 hours ago, Nicholas. said:

Upgrade on Cahill whether through a new signing or bringing through a young player, the later is my preference if they can make the step up.

Upgrade Matic and give Kante a midfield partner of the same caliber (looking at someone like Veratti). 

And upgrade on one of Moses or Alonso, preferably Moses who is our biggest liability, IMO. 

Then, if I'm greedy upgrade on Wilian/Pedro with an all star in Hazard's league. 

Really?

1 hour ago, Nicholas. said:

Yup. Both Tottenham goals, among others are a direct fault of his defensive lapses. 

It was a combination of azpi and moses. Should we be replacing azpi because of that 1 game too?

Moses has been one of our best performers. One of the most consistently good performers. To say he is the biggest liability is a joke.

We need to improve our central midfield and fullback/wingback options first and foremost. Depending on how Costa situation plays out in the summer we may have to look at new CF, too.

I like the look of that Fabinho fellow from Monaco. Was really impressed with him vs Man City. Mind you, I haven't watched him at all apart from the CL appearances and some youtube compilations but he seems to be the type of a player we could certainly use. Can play central midfield and RB positions, very good technically and offers something both in attack and defence. 

Another one from the same club is Bernardo Silva. I know we have plenty attacking midfielders but he looks special talent. Don't think we've got anyone that can be compared to him in terms of individual ability, apart from Hazard. Would love to have him at CFC.

Bakayoko looks a bit raw to me, he may very well become a new Toure but I have reservations about him. 

We'll need to improve our wingback options, both Alonso and Moses have done well so far but next season we'll need a better deeper squad to compete on many fronts. In a top European club those guys would be backups, at best. 

Batshuayi needs to leave on loan, he's clearly not in Conte's plans. I have a feeling Costa wants to go to China which will force us to look at new strikers. Never been a fan of Lukaku but we may have to go for him with no better options available. Heard some good things about Bellotti but I don't watch Seria A often enough to form an opinion.If there's a shot at Sanchez, of course we should try and make it happen. Doubt Arsenal would sell him to us, though.

11 hours ago, didierforever said:

It was a combination of azpi and moses. Should we be replacing azpi because of that 1 game too?

Moses has been one of our best performers. One of the most consistently good performers. To say he is the biggest liability is a joke.

Defensivey I agree, but his inability to cross the road is a concern, there's no denying that.

Personally I'd bring in another CB & push Azpi out to RWB and give us more height on that side.

Since it's a 'dream window' I'll go for Varane,bring Alaba in for Alonso, take De Bruyne back to give us the creativity but atheltiscim in the centre of the park, Verrati as well. I'd move Matic on. Sanchez in, Willian out. Bats out (I don't think he'll ever play) Lewandowski in to compete with Diego.

I could go on but I'll leave it there haha

ahhhh it's good to dream :blush2::biggrin:

Guest Sindre

I think we should take a long hard look at a few Monaco players. They have a lot of players who would strengthen us immensely. 

my ideal team next season (assuming we play the same formation) would be: 

courtois

christensen    luiz    koulibaly 

azpilicueta      kante       nainggolan      mendy

b.silva/sanchez     costa     hazard

there are a few exceptions here. if costa left then maybe replace him with either lukaku or belotti. if not nainggolan, then not sure. if not mendy then maybe ghoulam. 

Edited by enigma

21 hours ago, didierforever said:

No they were down to Moses. He literally left his man wide open.

If he isn't our biggest liability, then who is? 

And if he isn't why is he the starting player dropping out of most people's dream XI's?

Edited by Nicholas.

8 hours ago, Nicholas. said:

No they were down to Moses. He literally left his man wide open.

If he isn't our biggest liability, then who is? 

And if he isn't why is he the starting player dropping out of most people's dream XI's?

And who exactly was azpi marking in the first goal: AIR?

I would say matic/cesc or in simpler terms a midfield partner for Kante. GC is rock solid in defence but when under pressure, he can be sh*te. a 2nd striker who can make costa up his game a notch. 

As for your last question: because Moses is one of the most low profile players in the team, and its a DREAM window, so you are allowed to name XYZ player even though we are already stacked in RWB position (moses and azpi). Moses is one of our most consistent performers this season. calling him a liability is just LOL, because I honestly dont have any words to say. He has been quite solid at the back as well very good in attack. He needs to do better in the final 3rd, but no way should and would he be dropped from the team next season