Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Argo

Your dream summer window?

Bored and can't sleep (i blame shift work ) so time to dream and pretend its as easy as fifa in real life.

IN

Kurzawa - Quality at both ends and will be adept in both a flat back four and wing back, my main worry with Alonso is how he would cope in a flat back four.

Fabinho - Offers both quality and versatility, can play wingback and central midfield.

Bakayoko - Massive improvement on Matic, him and Kante together would not only allow us to continue with 343 long term but we could implement Cesc in the side at 352 and protect his flaws aswell as go 424 which we currently don't have the personnel for.

Berrardi - Exciting prospect and at 22 offers a longer term solution on the right compared to Pedro and Willian.

I was tempted to put Carrascao or Dybala instead of Berrardi but that is a bit far fetched even for this.

OUT

Zouma on loan - Needs game time week in week out which i don't think he will get here. I think Christensen or even Ake is more likely to break into a Conte side.

Matic - I think he has done ok this season but will be a victim of the need to constantly evolve.

Musonda on loan - Give him one last loan and pray it works out.

Kenedy - personally not a fan, don't think he is good enough.

RLC on loan - if anyone needs a loan, he does.

Terry to retire.

GK - Courtois, Begovic/replacement, Eduardo

CB - Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Andreas, Ake

WB- Fabinho, Moses, Kurzawa, Alonso 

CM - Kante, Bakayoko, Cesc, Chalobah

WF- Hazard, Berrardi, Pedro, Willian

ST- Costa, Batshauyi, Traore/Tammy

That squad would have us competing on all fronts for me, and what it gives us is a few players with versatility to play in different positions- Ake at CB, LB WB and CM. Fabinho RB, WB and CM. Kurzawa LB and WB. Traore wing or striker. Not only versatility we have the option to use different formations too. Id put Christensen (Cahill in the bigger games initially), Kurzawa, Fabinho and Bakayoko straight in the Xl and slowly integrate Berrardi. With Fabinho, Kurzawa and Christensen our ability to build from the back and evade the pressing game would improve dramatically. Id also offer Begovic the carrot of all domestic cup and CL grouo games and hope he accepts, literary can't get better as a #2 and i remember well the days of Turnbull waiting in the wings.

Hopefully We head into the summer as champions and have a window similar to this as that would be a huge statement and finally some intent after a title win after the last two botch jobs.

DidierDrogbalala likes this

Squad:

GK: Courtois, Cech, Blackman

CB: Luiz, Cahill, Ake, Andreas, Azpi, Zouma

WB: Moses, Alonso, Aina, Kenedy

CM: Kante, Verrati, Matic, Chalobah

Wingers: Hazard, Sanchez, Willian/Pedro, Musonda

ST: Costa, Michy, Traore

So basically just a back up GK - Cech (its a dream) and Verrati (even if we have to spend 60mil) and Alexis to replace either of Willian/pedro

Ins: Cech (5mil), Verrati (non-negotiable, should do everything possible to get him) (60mil), Alexis (60mil)

Total Spend = 125mil

Outs: Begovic (5mil), Eduardo (free) , JT (free) , Baba (10mil), Kalas (2mil), Wallace (2mil), Hector (2mil), MVG (10mil), Pasalic (10mil), Omeruo (2mil), Piazon (5mil), Atsu (5mil), Miazga (2mil), Pedro/willian (20mil)

Total Income = 75mil

Net Spend = 50mil pounds.

9 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Squad:

GK: Courtois, Cech, Blackman

CB: Luiz, Cahill, Ake, Andreas, Azpi, Zouma

WB: Moses, Alonso, Aina, Kenedy

CM: Kante, Verrati, Matic, Chalobah

Wingers: Hazard, Sanchez, Willian/Pedro, Musonda

ST: Costa, Michy, Traore

So basically just a back up GK - Cech (its a dream) and Verrati (even if we have to spend 60mil) and Alexis to replace either of Willian/pedro

Ins: Cech (5mil), Verrati (non-negotiable, should do everything possible to get him) (60mil), Alexis (60mil)

Total Spend = 125mil

Outs: Begovic (5mil), Eduardo (free) , JT (free) , Baba (10mil), Kalas (2mil), Wallace (2mil), Hector (2mil), MVG (10mil), Pasalic (10mil), Omeruo (2mil), Piazon (5mil), Atsu (5mil), Miazga (2mil), Pedro/willian (20mil)

Total Income = 75mil

Net Spend = 50mil pounds.

Verratti and Kante would get dominated in the air playing 3-4-3. We would lose so many 50/50 balls and they would also get physically out-muscled by more powerful midfielders.

34 minutes ago, Paccbet said:

Verratti and Kante would get dominated in the air playing 3-4-3. We would lose so many 50/50 balls and they would also get physically out-muscled by more powerful midfielders.

Aerial - Yes. But yesterday we played for 20mins with Cesc and Kante. We can win the second balls. Also, Matic sucks in the air for all of his height. So dont think thats a biggie.

Out-muscled is a completely different thing. I have not seen Kante being outmuscled by anyone. Or hazard for that matter (just see what he did to Coq). Just because they are dimunitive in nature, wont mean that they would be out-muscled.

wallosh and BlueHazard like this

45 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Aerial - Yes. But yesterday we played for 20mins with Cesc and Kante. We can win the second balls. Also, Matic sucks in the air for all of his height. So dont think thats a biggie.

Out-muscled is a completely different thing. I have not seen Kante being outmuscled by anyone. Or hazard for that matter (just see what he did to Coq). Just because they are dimunitive in nature, wont mean that they would be out-muscled.

Kante got absolutely mauled by Wanyama and I would not want to rely on winning second balls every game. At least Matic has some presence and makes it somewhat difficult for opposition midfielders to win aerial duels. If it was just Kante and Verratti they would get towered over and it would really make things difficult for us. We'd lose possession after most goal kicks and we'd struggle defending set pieces.

I really like the look of Bakayoko. He's a monster. He's only 22 years old and has been Monaco's most important player this season. He can dribble, pass, tackle and intercept. Reminds me of a prime Yaya Toure.

We would need a top player like Sanchez to create a strong trio in front. 

The second step is a replacement for Matic. We would need an improvement in our central, a player that knows how to the defend and has a good technique to build a game. Arturo Vidal or Marco Veratti are my favorites, Bakayoko would be an interesting target as well.

The third step is a backup to our LWB and RWB, next season we're going to play in 4 competitions, we need a healthy and strong squad. I can see us selling Baba Rahman, I'd like us to bid for Alex Sandro, incredible player. And for the RWB, I'd go for Michail Antonio.

And the last step should be simple replacements for the players that will leave. It's going to be hard to keep Fabregas if he doesn't play regularly. If Diego Costa will leave, we will have to buy a world class striker because Conte doesn't trust Michy, we can't see him playing as our main striker.

Players that I'd sell and gain a good money for them are Willian, Matic, Baba Rahman, Pasalic, Marco Van Ginkel, Begovic, and maybe Batshuayi because he's talented striker but doesn't get playing time here.

The other cm who I rate is Jorginho from Napoli, he's solid and is also a great user of the ball. Whilst I would love Veratti I too am concerned by the lack of height in our middle 2.

I'm not sure to much needs to be done in the summer but a couple of tweaks wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe an upgrade on Pedro/Willian but it depends on who's realistically available if the likes of Griezmann/Sanchez/Martial/Dybala are, as expected I would be tempted by Berardi but is it better to stick to what you know? I'd apply the same logic the wingbacks to be honest.

So like the window just gone evaluate what's out there and go from there

-------------------------------------Courtois

---------Azpillicueta----------------Luiz--------------------Christensen

Fabinho---------------Kante--------------------Bakayoko-------------Ghoulam

-----------Mahrez--------------------------------------------Hazard

-------------------------------------Costa

1 hour ago, Paccbet said:

Kante got absolutely mauled by Wanyama and I would not want to rely on winning second balls every game. At least Matic has some presence and makes it somewhat difficult for opposition midfielders to win aerial duels. If it was just Kante and Verratti they would get towered over and it would really make things difficult for us. We'd lose possession after most goal kicks and we'd struggle defending set pieces.

I really like the look of Bakayoko. He's a monster. He's only 22 years old and has been Monaco's most important player this season. He can dribble, pass, tackle and intercept. Reminds me of a prime Yaya Toure.

And Kante did the same to wanyama in the return leg. Spurs as a team were better than us on the day. We lose possession after most goal kicks even now. There was a reason that Ivanovic used to be our main ball winner from goal kicks

Aerial Aspect is just one aspect of the game. There are 100s more and for each of them, Verratti will be great. On the ball, their is no comparision between veratti and matic. Dynamism, Shots, Controlling the tempo. We can play 5-3-2 with Matic too for height, but if height was the sole consideration, iniesta and xavi would never have dominated world football.

1 hour ago, Paccbet said:

-------------------------------------Courtois

---------Azpillicueta----------------Luiz--------------------Christensen

Fabinho---------------Kante--------------------Bakayoko-------------Ghoulam

-----------Mahrez--------------------------------------------Hazard

-------------------------------------Costa

Shout out to signing Mahrez, not a typical name that gets brought up. We could do much worse. 

I'd be happy with Bakayoko, Ghoulam and someone to replace Costa if he's off. Sanchez would offer a great change of pace from Bats. Morata would be replacing Diego like for like. I don't think we would lose either way though signing Sanchez would be fun for the laughs

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

Cuadrado, Bale, Veratti, Nainggolan or Dembele, Sanchez and Icardi.
Lol, that will cost almost 300m

I think Cuadrado had his chance. How about Dele Alli. Aubameyang?

Firstly I think we need to address the depth at Wing Back preferably an upgrade on Moses as I think Kenedy might make a useful back up at LWB.
I would probably try to go for Florenzi being Italian its an easy link to make. That said I haven't seen him play too many times but when I have he has looked decent.
Dream signing for LWB would be Alaba but that isn't going to happen and from above I am less worried about LWB and think we should only delve into the market if we can make a significant improvement on Alonso.

Next I think Fabregas will leave in the Summer, I don't see the club being too fussed if he were to leave as he is a high earner and isn't in our preferred starting 11, I also don't think we will see a switch to 3-5-2 whilst it suits Fabregas I don't think it suits Hazard and he is far more important. Further I think Fabregas will be content with his potential 2nd title and will be happy to move to a slower league like Italy and still earn huge wages at somewhere like Inter.

So a CM will need to be purchased, again I'd look towards Italy and we were also linked with both last summer so they may well already be on the clubs radar. Nainggolan would be my preferred choice but at 28 and relying heavy on his physical attributes we probably aren't going to stump up the kind of cash Roma would want for him, I also think Brozovic would be a great partner for Matic as he is slightly better going forward than back but will still put in a shift, he might however be a little light weight to be considered a suitable partner for Kante. A rather left field solution I think would be Milinkovic-Savic he has apparently being playing very well in Italy and at 21 and 6-3 looks like he could be a very good future replacement for Matic.

Now last piece to the Jigsaw an upgrade to Pedro either in potential or overall, Sanchez, Greizman, Dybala and Dembele are probably pipe dreams but someone like Bernado Silva from Monaco would fit this slot for me. 

I'd go into the season with;

GK: Courtois, Begovic, ...
CB; Azpi, Luiz, Cahil, Christensen, Ake, Zouma
RWB; Florenzi, Moses
LWB; Alonso, Kenedy
CM; Kante, Matic, Brozovic, M-Savic, Chalobah
RW/LW; Hazard, Bernado Silva, Willian, Musonda
ST; Costa, Bats, Traore 

Ins; Florenzi (25m), Brozovic (swap), Savic (20m), Silva (60m)  Total £105m
Outs; Terry to retire and join Lamps as an ambassador while he does his coaching badges, Pedro (£17.5m) Fabregas (£10m + swap), Pasalic (£12.5m), MvG (£10m), Kane (£2m), Wallace (£500k), Hector (£5m), Kalas (£4m), Omerou (£4m), Piazon (£1.5m), Atsu (£3m), Remy (£4m)  Total £74m                       

I think Cuadrado had his chance. How about Dele Alli. Aubameyang?

Dele Alli can't fit in our formation and am no longer a fan of Auba.
Remember Cuadrado never had his chance as a wing back, he might be world class.