Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Argo

Your dream summer window?

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Publicly said and common knowledge that he wants to stay in London. We can offer as much if not more than Bayern, especially in wages. Arsenal are known to be a selling club to direct rivals when their contracts get low or player wants a move i.e Cole, Van Persie, Clichy, Sagna, Nasri etc.. Player has one year left on his contract.

If we really want him, we can get him.  

Those Sanchez statements have been proven to be more of a translation thing. Sure he loves London and would probably love to remain in London but he likely wouldn't object to Munich either. The latest reports on him have actually said Bayern are front runners and he fancies them as well. You're deliberately turning a blind eye to reality if you think we're just going to stroll in in our pajamas and pluck him from Arsenal.

And sure Arsenal have sold to rivals in the past. But that was all during the "paying off the stadium" phase, the last of which was Van Persie. If you notice, right after they got out of that phase, they signed Ozil and then Sanchez and haven't sold a top player since. Maybe they could cave again and sell to Chelsea now but nothing since they paid off their stadium indicates that they'll do that.

We'd be absolutely stupid not to be in for him but you need to slap yourself out of the fantasy that it would be an easy signing.

the special one likes this

46 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

People are living in a fantasy land if they think Arsenal will even consider selling Sanchez to us.

It's not impossible, in fact, it's possible. But very far from "easily obtainable".

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

I think it really depends on who leaves, particularly Costa. I'd love to keep him but I wouldn't begrudge him a move to China on that money.

If he does leave I think we need to look at a Premier League based striker. Sanchez and Aguero I think could well be achievable. I don't think Lukaku is up to it personally. He scores but the rest of his game is poor.

Other area to strengthen is wing back. We could go for Sidibe who can play on both flanks but my preference would be Lichtsteiner from Juve. Brings experience and could play in the matches where we need more defensive capability.

Beyond that I'm happy to use the young players. Zouma, Christensen, Ake, Chalobah are all capable and I'd prefer to develop them rather than buy expensive depth.

I've already touched on the Sanchez bit but.....HOW is Aguero an "achievable" signing? Are we being serious or really "dreaming" as the title of the thread says?

pacquiao likes this

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

It's not impossible, in fact, it's possible. But very far from "easily obtainable".

I've already touched on the Sanchez bit but.....HOW is Aguero an "achievable" signing? Are we being serious or really "dreaming" as the title of the thread says?

Not convinced he has a future under Pep. Has been starting off the bench recently and it seems that Jesus is the focus. 

It's unlikely but not impossible. We've got to be bold I think, van Persie would never be sold to Man Utd and Torres never sold to us, Cech never sold to Arsenal but they were. Same with Sanchez. 

As I said Lukaku may be most likely but I'm not convinced by him particularly his hold up play. I do like Morata for that reason but I'd prefer someone who has played in England.

Ideally we keep Costa and this point is moot. But as I said I wouldn't hold him back from being the highest paid player in the world if the offer came in.

RIP Mourinho likes this

With the amount of money there is in the premier league I don't see any of the top 6 losing players to each other now. 

I don't see sanchez here unless he leaves on a free next summer. 

It would be a dream to bring in another top attacking midfielder or winger. Greizmann and sanchez look like really difficult deals to put through. 

9 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Not convinced he has a future under Pep. Has been starting off the bench recently and it seems that Jesus is the focus. 

It's unlikely but not impossible. We've got to be bold I think, van Persie would never be sold to Man Utd and Torres never sold to us, Cech never sold to Arsenal but they were. Same with Sanchez. 

As I said Lukaku may be most likely but I'm not convinced by him particularly his hold up play. I do like Morata for that reason but I'd prefer someone who has played in England.

Ideally we keep Costa and this point is moot. But as I said I wouldn't hold him back from being the highest paid player in the world if the offer came in.

You do realize Aguero is City's greatest ever player, don't you? Why on earth would they want to sell him to us? You've listed examples of players being sold to recoup stadium debt or surplus to requirements, etc. Aguero may not be front and center of Pep's plans but I'm sure City (who don't particularly need the money) would happily sell to one of the new rich Milan clubs or somewhere abroad. They'd be strengthening us by selling Aguero to us. Oh well, stranger things have happened. Just don't count on such a scenario.

Courtois (Krul/Eduardo)
                                     Azpi (Jorge Mere) - Luiz (van Dijk/Ake) - van Dijk (Cahill/Ake)
 Moses/Danilo (Azpi/Sterling) - Kante/Vidal or De Rossi (Chalobah) - Matic/Fabregas (Baker) - Alonso/Spinazzola or Alba (Pedro)
        Sanchez or Willian/Bernardeschi (Pedro) - Diego or Kalinic (Morata/Tammy/Arp) - Hazard (Sanchez/Pedro)

In: Krul, Jorge Mere, van Dijk, Danilo, Vidal or De Rossi, Baker, Spinazzola or Alba, Sanchez or Bernardeschi, Morata, Kalinic (if Diego leaves :Troll_Face:), Tammy (to January), Arp (German Harry Kane in 5 years :wink:)
Out: Christensen, van Ginkel, Kenedy, Zouma, JT, Willian (if we sign Sanchez), Batshuayi, Loftus-Cheek, Begovic, Solanke

Edited by the special one

20 hours ago, the special one said:

Courtois (Krul/Eduardo)
 Moses/Danilo (Azpi/Sterling) - Kante/Vidal or De Rossi (Chalobah) - Matic/Fabregas (Baker) - Alonso/Spinazzola or Alba (Pedro)
        Sanchez or Willian/Bernardeschi (Pedro) - Diego or Kalinic (Morata/Tammy/Arp) - Hazard (Sanchez/Pedro)

In: Krul, Jorge Mere, van Dijk, Danilo, Vidal or De Rossi, Baker, Spinazzola or Alba, Sanchez or Bernardeschi, Morata, Kalinic (if Diego leaves :Troll_Face:), Tammy (to January), Arp (German Harry Kane in 5 years :wink:)
Out: Christensen, van Ginkel, Kenedy, Zouma, JT, Willian (if we sign Sanchez), Batshuayi, Loftus-Cheek, Begovic, Solanke

Very confusing. Morata coming here to sit behind Kalinic? Replace Kante with Vidal or De Rossi? Willian sold if we get Sanchez but not Bernadeschi and either way still on the roster? 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

47 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Very confusing. Morata coming here to sit behind Kalinic? Replace Kante with Vidal or De Rossi? Willian sold if we get Sanchez but not Bernadeschi and either way still on the roster? 

Sorry it was late, my bad. Morata would start ahead of Kalinic... but just to confuse things further since I posted last night Kalinic has been replaced by Dzeko :laugh2:

Not replace Kante, rotate with Vidal or De Rossi

I'd hope we only sign Bernardeschi if we don't sign Sanchez and Willian is sold (typo)

On 5/15/2017 at 23:52, the special one said:

Courtois (Krul/Eduardo)

You've lost the plot if you think its a good idea to get rid of Christensen, Bats, RLC and Solanke

If these transfers happened it would be a disaster

didierforever and Chigzzer like this

50 minutes ago, JJP said:

You've lost the plot if you think its a good idea to get rid of Christensen, Bats, RLC and Solanke

If these transfers happened it would be a disaster

Christensen - I'm happy to admit I was wrong but still have no qualms if we replace him with Jorge Mere (if he throws a hissy fit) or if we sell Ake (to accomodate VVD)
Bats - I posted in haste before his quality 2nd goal v Sunderland, would now go with Morata/Batshuayi/Llorente/Arp, Tammy out on loan
RLC - Never suggested selling him, he needs a loan next season
Solanke - evidently by neglecting to sign a new contract he doesn't want to be here next season, I have a few choice words to say about him but will be kind and say good riddance (and good luck)

45 minutes ago, the special one said:

Christensen - I'm happy to admit I was wrong but still have no qualms if we replace him with Jorge Mere (if he throws a hissy fit) or if we sell Ake (to accomodate VVD)
Bats - I posted in haste before his quality 2nd goal v Sunderland, would now go with Morata/Batshuayi/Llorente/Arp, Tammy out on loan
RLC - Never suggested selling him, he needs a loan next season
Solanke - evidently by neglecting to sign a new contract he doesn't want to be here next season, I have a few choice words to say about him but will be kind and say good riddance (and good luck)

Ahh I assumed when you said "out" you meant out on a permanent transfer. If you meant some of these players could/should be loaned then i definitely agree. 

the special one and Chigzzer like this

Here's my 2 cents. 

There are a lot people that are wanting to sell everyone and replace them with the flavour of the month, we're not Manure ffs. 

Most important thing is keeping our top players, utilising our stand out loan players and bringing in maybe 3/4 top players to increase quality squad depth. 

Personally i would like to see Christensen back from loan, if Costa goes we should bring in Lukaku/morata/Aubemyang, we need to buy a Rwb to compete with Moses (dunno who), we need back up at LWB, perhaps baba or Kenedy if Conte thinks they are up to the task. If Sanchez become available he would be obvious, but this would be bitter sweet because i wouldn't want to see Willian or Pedro have to leave. If we can't get a marquee signing here that will improve our first team i would like to see Bertrand Traore return from loan, he can be used in the earlier cup / champions league games and come on as a sub in the league to keep Hazard, Pedro and Willian from burning out. 

didierforever likes this

Tibo
       Azpi (Christensen) - Luiz (van Dijk) - van Dijk (Cahill)
Conti (Moses) - Verratti (Kante) - Matic (De Rossi) - Alonso (Tierney)
         Alexis (Pedro) - Diego (Morata) - Hazard (Alexis)

:good2:

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Shhhhh, my wife might read this...

If she see's the words Mauritius, Seychelles and Maldives, she'll be off packing the suitcases, and you will be in trouble with your bank. :laugh2:

Seriously though imagine being able to just head off to those 3 destinations for the whole summer window, totally missing all the transfer circus, then arriving back in the UK just before the season kicks off, that's what i call a 'dream summer window', utter bliss, can't stand the transfer window saga, our last summer window was (to quote some of our supporters) 'diabolical', and look how wrong they were.

dkw likes this

Just now, coco said:

If she see's the words Mauritius, Seychelles and Maldives, she'll be off packing the suitcases, and you will be in trouble with your bank. :laugh2:

Seriously though imagine being able to just head off to those 3 destinations for the whole summer window, totally missing all the transfer circus, then arriving back in the UK just before the season kicks off, that's what i call a 'dream summer window', utter bliss, can't stand the transfer window saga, our last summer window was (to quote some of our supporters) 'diabolical', and look how wrong they were.

Yeah it would be nice, the moaning has started already and its still May :laugh2:

coco likes this