Your dream summer window?

Argo
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I reckon other than the usual suspects who have been named in the thread previously I believe it is absolutely imperative we get some competition in For Alonso & Moses. Both have done an incredible job however of late injuries and form have started to get the better of the two which I believe is purely down to the demanding nature of the role.

The likelihood is we are going to be playing 3 at the back for the foreseeable future alongside many other PL teams (Thank you Conte), in order for this system to work the Wing back position becomes THE most important role in the system. You have to tuck in and defend in a back 5 whilst defending yet offer attacking width when going forward, with Champions League football I really don't believe Moses & Alonso will be able to match there consistency from this season. The bad news is players of such ilk are in very short supply due to the traditional back 4, therefore the options available to any Manager is to get a attacking winger and instill defensive work in there play (Moses) or go for a defender and develop them from a attacking perspective.

The one player who I believe is absolutely perfect for the Wingbacks position is United's Valencia however the likelihood of him signing for us is less than slim. The 2 Monaco's Wingbacks and maybe Adama Traore are some names which spring to mind but other than that there isnt anyone who catches the eye from a quality perspective to take us to the next level from Moses & Alonso. 

This is spot on, the importance of these two is often overlooked. Back up for this position should be priority. I can't think of a game where we have had to drop one of those and played well in. I have no idea who we can get for back up in these positions, dare i say Cuadrado... isn't he still owned by us? I also thought Kenedy would work well on the left, obviously Conte doesnt think so. Either way i am sure Conte has a master plan for the summer.

My thoughts on other positions.

CB, i think with Ake and Christensen available to us i see no reason to buy here.

CM, Kanté is amazing, and Fàbregas is well worth keeping, Chalobah can do a job there and become part of rotation, meaning Matic can be sold, if we can get Tielemans like someone said above that would be great, he's perhaps a little light weight, but his passing is great, and with a long shot like he has teams would certainly think twice about sitting back and letting us pass it about on the edge of the box. Would also be happy with Bakayoko or Naingolan too.

Fwd. Anyone saying that Willian should be sold is talking nonsense, love this guy, any other epl team would love to have him. IMO, we need 5 top class players to rotate the front 3 positions, i know this doesn't sound like many, but with 3-5-2 always being an option i think it will be enough. Players we currently have that we should keep are Hazard (obviously), Pedro and Willian. We should do everything we can to get Sanchez, him and Hazard can both play central or wide, so another central player is not a must. Griezmann would be my top choice, but cant see that happening, Aubemyang would also be awesome, but again can't see that happening. Personally think it will be one of Lukaku or Morata. Would be pretty happy with either, as long as they don't get an automatic start just because they are the only out and out CF. 

GK. Tibo obviously stays. Happy with Begovi? as back up, but if he goes would be more than happy with Krul as some have mentioned above. 

On 21/04/2017 at 05:44, jack_super_class said:

Tim Krul as a backup goalie if we sell Begovic is a great shout.

There was rumours about Muslera a month or so ago, if that's true that would be insanely good. 

7 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

I wonder what price Mauro Icardi would go for?

Yeah, I know he's a bit of a twat, but he's a top class player. Strong, quick and one of the best shooting techniques you'll see, plus a real top-dog attitude. Very similar to Costa in some respects. 

Arent Inter Milan loaded again now?. Pretty sure it would take alot of money.

We cannot stand still this Summer. We have to get people in, I think we actually might be fine at CB with Christensen coming back in and Ake as cover. So I think we should concentrate on some other areas like a midfielder, wing backs and a striker. It has been rumoured we're planning a Summer like 2003 again.

Just now, jack_super_class said:

Isn't Kante a replacement for Ramires?.

Not really. He is more a replacement for mikel. Ramires was b2b, whereas kante isn't. It's why I would like us to sign someone like nainggolan to partner kante. I don't know many other top class b2b mids atm who are possibly attainable. I think lemar could replace oscsr though, and he could also give us that creative edge. 

2 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

We cannot stand still this Summer. We have to get people in, I think we actually might be fine at CB with Christensen coming back in and Ake as cover. So I think we should concentrate on some other areas like a midfielder, wing backs and a striker. It has been rumoured we're planning a Summer like 2003 again.

I think we lack some physical presence in our defence and it won't improve by adding Christensen and Ake to the mix. Thats why I would like to see us buy VVD to balance it out. We still need a midfielder, wingbacks and a striker though.

As many have said above, 2 competitive wing backs is imperative. The two games we've lost in recent weeks have largely been due to the squad looking unbalanced without Moses in the Palace game and Alonso in the United match. Also for competitive reasons, both will now feel like they are nailed on first choice and with no backup below them, no matter how committed they undoubtedly are, an element of complacency will definitely creep in.

In terms of who these players will be however I'm not so sure! I like Sead Kolašinac from Schalke, and he's available on a free this summer as far as I'm aware? Or Mendy from the outstanding Monaco side is of course another option. In terms of the RWB position, I'd look at someone like Pereira who's done well at Nice this year on loan from Porto. Or perhaps to fit in with the HG quota, Michael Antonio who could prove to be a similar story to Moses. All the physical attributes to be a strong RWB, just needs the positional training that Conte has shown he can provide.

Aside from this, the obvious is to sort out Costa's future. My instinct is that he wants out. And that leaves us with two choices. We either bring in one marquee signing (i.e Lukaku/Morata) who will replace him directly. Or we invest some of the combined Oscar/Costa funds on a pricey forward player who can play on the wing, i.e a Sanchez/Mbappe/Rodriguez type player, and then change the formation to suit and maybe play a 3-5-2 with Sanchez & Hazard up front, something along those lines.

I think maybe one or two squad players might be needed to fill the side out for Champions League football, but it also all depends on who wants to leave. The likes of Michy, Begovic, Cesc, Zouma to name a few could all request moves due to a lack of playing time. However at the moment the morale from what we can see seems great and I'm sure a Double & CL next season offering more playing time will be enough to keep most if not all of the boys around.

Either way, it hopefully should be a summer to look forward to, and fingers crossed no Michael Hector/Djilobodji esque signings!

IN: RWB (10) , Lukaku (60) , Sanchez (50) , Verrati (60)

Out: JT, Cesc (20), Costa (100), Pedro (20).

Squad:

GK: Tibo, Bego, Blackman

CB: DL, Azpi, AKE, Zouma, GC, Andreas

RWB: Moses, New RWB

LWB: Alonso, Baba

CM: Kante, Verrati, Matic, Chalobah, Baker

Wingers: Hazard, Sanchez, Willian, Musonda

Strikers: Lukaku, Batshuayi, Traore

I'd say realistically we could potentially spend £250m and still balance the books this window if need be. That'd be from the 60m from Oscar, 90m for Costa and 100m that we have to spend every summer anyway through commercial deals etc. This also doesn't take into account if anyone else leaves at the end of the year.

Begovic is likely to leave but whatever fee we get for him will be invested straight into a like for like replacement. 

LWB cover - If Baba Rahman makes a decent recovery from his injury i'd bring him back. At the time we all said he looks more suited to an attacking wing back role than in a flat back 4 and would offer pace that Alonso lacks. 

RWB cover - Serge Aurier has confirmed he wants to leave PSG and come to England. Would be great at RWB and an improvement on Moses, i'd imagine he's cost quite a bit though. Failing that Nelson Semedo and Ricardo Pereira have both had good seasons so far. 

CM - A dynamic box to box midfielder is needed. With Kessie going to Roma, and contract talks stalling, it seems that would make Naingollan more attainable. Naby Keita is also looking sharp in the Bundesliga but not sure he's work in a two man midfield with Kante. 

ST/Inside Forward - Go all out to try and sign Sanchez, whatever the cost. Once thats wrapped up buy one of either Lukaku or Morata, whichever Conte would prefer.

Can anyone answer a question for me. Lots of talk of improving the defence but I can't see where. 

Dave, Luiz and Alonso aren't going anywhere and will be first choice  

Moses and Cahill are very unlikely to be benched

Christienson will come in as back up. 

If we buy a top defender (£40m plus), where's he going to play?

5 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Can anyone answer a question for me. Lots of talk of improving the defence but I can't see where. 

VVD for Cahill is the obvious upgrade for me. He is faster and covers more ground. He wins twice as many headers compared to Cahill, who is our best defender in the air. He is strong enough to not get bullied by the likes of Benteke, Zaha, Caroll, "Zlatan", Kane, Fellaini etc etc.

Christensen could also give Azpilicueta a fight for his place. Azpilicueta is great 1vs1, but his passing and aerial presence is a weakness. 

Moses could very easily be benched. He has been mediocre for quite a while. Ideally with a 3 CB setup the 2 flanking ones should be adept at playing out wide. Azpilicueta is therefore perfect and Luiz would be great on the left.

I'd still like us to sign a top midfielder (dream signing: Koke), top winger, RB/RWB and a usable backup striker. If Conte does not improve the quality of football, as soon as the results don't go his way I fear the board will once again be quick on the draw.

On 4/25/2017 at 22:35, JM7 said:

Aurier will be an amazing signing, he's gone a bit under the radar as of late but that doesnt take away from his quality.

Aerial - Yes. But yesterday we played for 20mins with Cesc and Kante. We can win the second balls. Also, Matic sucks in the air for all of his height. So dont think thats a biggie.
Out-muscled is a completely different thing. I have not seen Kante being outmuscled by anyone. Or hazard for that matter (just see what he did to Coq). Just because they are dimunitive in nature, wont mean that they would be out-muscled.

Completely agree, Kante hardly ever gets outmuscled and Verratti is no pushover.

Very much a dream window from me here:

Out (Permanently) - Eduardo, Delac, Terry, Fabregas(purely for the fact that he doesn't fit Conte's midfield role), Pedro, Piazon, Costa, Remy.

Profit - £140m

Notable Loans (PL Clubs or equal) - Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Aina, Boga, Cuevas, Dasilva, Kalas, Miazga, Nathan, Omeruo, Palmer, Pasalic, Van Ginkel.

In (From Loan) - Blackman, Christensen, Rahman, Baker, Traoré, Abraham

In (New Signings) - Joshua Kimmich, Thiago Alcântara, Antione Griezmann, Romelu Lukaku.

Cost - £200m

First team (squad players):

GK - Courtois (Begovi?, Blackman)

CB - Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill (Zouma, Christensen, Aké)

LWB - Alonso (Rahman)

RWB - Kimmich (Moses)

CM - Kante, Thiago (Matic, Baker, Chalobah)

LAM - Hazard (Musonda)

RAM - Griezmann (Willian)

ST - Lukaku (Traoré, Abraham)