Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Argo

You're dream summer window?

85 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

Inter fans not liking Icardi has nothing to do with his football ability.

And that stat means very little when his role is different to the others, that's like saying Pjanic has created more chances this season then Kante, N'Zonzi and Matuidi 

You merely stated he wasn't liked, tbf i don't speak to many Inter fans i just watch their matches.

Surely his role would be to create opportunities in our Chelsea team otherwise we may as well just stick with Matic and not bother signing a new CM at all.. Point is he is much more creative than the others, something this Chelsea team needs next to Kante. He also makes just as many tackles as the rest except for Baka.

22 hours ago, pacquiao said:

He should be last on our list, players like Bakayoko, Vidal, Koke, Rakitic and Nainggolan would all be better signings. 

The only player on that list that I'd have ahead of him is Nainggolan. We need someone who can create and score as well as get up and down the pitch, we have Kante there for breaking up the play, we need a dynamic midfielder. Ranja and Veratti are the dreams, and unfortunately Vidal is just a little too old. 

We really need to push for Sanchez, he looks like he is on the brink at Arsenal. He won't be sticking around after the summer going by his body language.

I know they probably wont sell to us but may as well give it a go.

As for Veratti I don't see him leaving PSG, they are basically in the QF in the CL and look one of the strongest teams in it. They wont sell their prize asset as money is no object to them.

9 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You merely stated he wasn't liked, tbf i don't speak to many Inter fans i just watch their matches.

Surely his role would be to create opportunities in our Chelsea team otherwise we may as well just stick with Matic and not bother signing a new CM at all.. Point is he is much more creative than the others, something this Chelsea team needs next to Kante. He also makes just as many tackles as the rest except for Baka.

Bakayoko is a player who has the ability to create and score goals he just needs the freedom to get forward more and playing with Kante would allow that, it would be like having Makelele and Vieira in midfield, Brozovic is not good enough for Chelsea, he would be a liability in games as he is a dirty player who goes to sleep way to often and let's players run off him.

12 minutes ago, RMCM said:

The only player on that list that I'd have ahead of him is Nainggolan. We need someone who can create and score as well as get up and down the pitch, we have Kante there for breaking up the play, we need a dynamic midfielder. Ranja and Veratti are the dreams, and unfortunately Vidal is just a little too old. 

And you really think Conte would trust Brozovic in big games? No chance. Bakayoko, Vidal and Koke especially would be far better signings, and all are players Conte would trust in big games, Plus if we get Emerson at LWB that would add extra creativity as he is excellent going forward as well as being good defensively 

40 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

Bakayoko is a player who has the ability to create and score goals he just needs the freedom to get forward more and playing with Kante would allow that, it would be like having Makelele and Vieira in midfield, Brozovic is not good enough for Chelsea, he would be a liability in games as he is a dirty player who goes to sleep way to often and let's players run off him.

36 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

And you really think Conte would trust Brozovic in big games? No chance. Bakayoko, Vidal and Koke especially would be far better signings, and all are players Conte would trust in big games, Plus if we get Emerson at LWB that would add extra creativity as he is excellent going forward as well as being good defensively 

You think Conte wouldn't trust Brozovic but would trust Emerson who has literally had a couple of good months for Roma and been abysmal before that? Brozovic is not good enough for Chelsea.. Was Moses/Luiz/Pedro/Chalobah etc good enough for Chelsea before Antonio came? Brozovic has the qualities that the others don't (creativity), Conte could work magic with him. Ironic how you moan about Brozovic being dirty yet we have Costa who was one of the dirtiest players in the league under Mourinho.

CarefreeSimmo_ likes this

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You think Conte wouldn't trust Brozovic but would trust Emerson who has literally had a couple of good months for Roma and been abysmal before that? Brozovic is not good enough for Chelsea.. Was Moses/Luiz/Pedro/Chalobah etc good enough for Chelsea before Antonio came? Brozovic has the qualities that the others don't (creativity), Conte could work magic with him. Ironic how you moan about Brozovic being dirty yet we have Costa who was one of the dirtiest players in the league under Mourinho.

Emerson abysmal??? I feel like you make this stuff up as you go along, he has been quality for Roma and caught my eye when he was at Palermo, he will be as good as Marcelo in a few years he has everything to be a top player.

and yes I did think Pedro and Luiz were good enough for Chelsea, I have always rated both players very highly, as for Moses and Chalobah, would you have them starting in the CL for Chelsea next season? 

Brozovic has creativity??? Are you having a laugh, you are acting like he is Fabregas or Pogba, Brozovic is nothing special in terms of creativity, his passing is bang average, doesn't have a good football brain, and is a liability defensively, he is basically a sh*t version of Fabregas, why on earth would Conte want him anywhere near the club? Koke and Bakayoko are both easily better passers then Brozovic. Last season Brozovic played 32 games and created 49 chances and had 44 key passes, Koke has created 46 and has 43 key passes so far this season in just 21 games so please stop acting like Brozovic is some sort of creative genius. 

Koke does everything Brozovic can do except much better, and Koke can defend and can adapt to different systems, he is such a clever and tactically disciplined player with so much quality on the ball, perfect player for Conte.

the special one likes this

11 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

Emerson abysmal??? I feel like you make this stuff up as you go along, he has been quality for Roma and caught my eye when he was at Palermo, he will be as good as Marcelo in a few years he has everything to be a top player.

and yes I did think Pedro and Luiz were good enough for Chelsea, I have always rated both players very highly, as for Moses and Chalobah, would you have them starting in the CL for Chelsea next season? 

Brozovic has creativity??? Are you having a laugh, you are acting like he is Fabregas or Pogba, Brozovic is nothing special in terms of creativity, his passing is bang average, doesn't have a good football brain, and is a liability defensively, he is basically a sh*t version of Fabregas, why on earth would Conte want him anywhere near the club? Koke and Bakayoko are both easily better passers then Brozovic. Last season Brozovic played 32 games and created 49 chances and had 44 key passes, Koke has created 46 and has 43 key passes so far this season in just 21 games so please stop acting like Brozovic is some sort of creative genius. 

Koke does everything Brozovic can do except much better, and Koke can defend and can adapt to different systems, he is such a clever and tactically disciplined player with so much quality on the ball, perfect player for Conte.

Funny how you only go and compare him to Koke to suit your agenda. Go and do similar comparisons for him against Vidal, Bakayoko and whoever else you originally said. You say you want creativity yet the majority of people you said at the start aren't as creative as him.. 

Defensively he is just as sound as all those players except Bakayoko. 

Go speak to Roma fans about Emerson then seeing as you have many Italian football friends, he was one of their worst players when he signed. Only really started playing okay for Roma since the back end of last year. 

56 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Funny how you only go and compare him to Koke to suit your agenda. Go and do similar comparisons for him against Vidal, Bakayoko and whoever else you originally said. You say you want creativity yet the majority of people you said at the start aren't as creative as him.. 

Defensively he is just as sound as all those players except Bakayoko. 

Go speak to Roma fans about Emerson then seeing as you have many Italian football friends, he was one of their worst players when he signed. Only really started playing okay for Roma since the back end of last year. 

No I compare him to Koke because they play the same position. Why would I compare him to more defensive minded midfielders? That makes no sense, unless you want to compare tackles and interceptions? And no I never said I wanted us to sign a creative midfielder, we already have one his name is Fabregas and he can't get in the team, i want players like Koke, Bakayoko, Rakitic, Nainggolan or Vidal, players who won't be a liabilty for us, Fabregas can't get in our team and you think Brozovic can? We are top of the league with Kante and Matic in midfield we don't need a CM who is creative just someone more creative then Matic will do, and if we did want a creative CM Brozovic would still be towards the bottom of the list.

Fact is the ones who play similar to Brozovic, Rakitic, Nainggolan and Koke, all three are more creative and better defensively, if you would take Brozovic ahead of any of them then I would question whether you watch much football.

Edited by pacquiao

27 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

No I compare him to Koke because they play the same position. Why would I compare him to more defensive minded midfielders? That makes no sense, unless you want to compare tackles and interceptions? And no I never said I wanted us to sign a creative midfielder, we already have one his name is Fabregas and he can't get in the team, i want players like Koke, Bakayoko, Rakitic, Nainggolan or Vidal, players who won't be a liabilty for us, Fabregas can't get in our team and you think Brozovic can? We are top of the league with Kante and Matic in midfield we don't need a CM who is creative just someone more creative then Matic will do, and if we did want a creative CM Brozovic would still be towards the bottom of the list.

Fact is the ones who play similar to Brozovic, Rakitic, Nainggolan and Koke, all three are more creative and better defensively, if you would take Brozovic ahead of any of them then I would question whether you watch much football.

As much as i hate stats here is a basic breakdown for you 

58a5bd302b65c_BrozovicAttack.jpg.8505d3cfb2f21cd4e3edda7f890fc703.jpg

Attacking output just as good as those mentioned to say he has played a lot fewer games.

If you did it per game:

Brozovic: Goals 0.2 Assists 0.13 Chances Created 2.13

Matic: Goals 0 Assists 0.25 Chances Created 0.83

Koke: Goals 0.09 Assists 0.14 Chances Created 2.19

Rakitic: Goals 0.18 Assists 0.06 Chances Created 0.76

Radja: Goals 0.26 Assists 0.04 Chances Created 1.57

58a5bd3155666_Brozovicdefense.thumb.jpg.7c9572bad13bbebba4fadd0e8526cb70.jpg

Same again:

Brozovic: Tackles 1.6 Interceptions 1.47 Blocks 0.13

Matic: Tackles 1.25 Interceptions 1.75 Blocks 0.25

Koke: Tackles 1.43 Interceptions 1.48 Blocks 0.10

Rakitic: Tackles 1.47 Interceptions 1.11 Blocks 0.05

Radja: Tackles 1.52 Interceptions 1.00 Blocks 0.08

Now i will accept that sometimes stats can be misleading, however i think this is pretty damning evidence that Brozovic is no where near a bad as you make out. I would argue that he is even on par and possibly better than some of the people compared above. 

In conclusion, Brozovic is as solid defensively as any other player including Matic, so would be perfectly fine next to Kante and NOT a liability. In an attacking sense it is obvious by Matic's assists to chances created ratio that our attackers can flourish from very little support. Now imagine them getting more than double the supply from the middle of the park. Koke is the only other player that is close to Brozovic in the sense of supply. Radja has even been playing CAM most of the season and hasn't come close to him.

didierforever likes this

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

As much as i hate stats here is a basic breakdown for you 

58a5bd302b65c_BrozovicAttack.jpg.8505d3cfb2f21cd4e3edda7f890fc703.jpg

Attacking output just as good as those mentioned to say he has played a lot fewer games.

If you did it per game:

Brozovic: Goals 0.2 Assists 0.13 Chances Created 2.13

Matic: Goals 0 Assists 0.25 Chances Created 0.83

Koke: Goals 0.09 Assists 0.14 Chances Created 2.19

Rakitic: Goals 0.18 Assists 0.06 Chances Created 0.76

Radja: Goals 0.26 Assists 0.04 Chances Created 1.57

58a5bd3155666_Brozovicdefense.thumb.jpg.7c9572bad13bbebba4fadd0e8526cb70.jpg

Same again:

Brozovic: Tackles 1.6 Interceptions 1.47 Blocks 0.13

Matic: Tackles 1.25 Interceptions 1.75 Blocks 0.25

Koke: Tackles 1.43 Interceptions 1.48 Blocks 0.10

Rakitic: Tackles 1.47 Interceptions 1.11 Blocks 0.05

Radja: Tackles 1.52 Interceptions 1.00 Blocks 0.08

Now i will accept that sometimes stats can be misleading, however i think this is pretty damning evidence that Brozovic is no where near a bad as you make out. I would argue that he is even on par and possibly better than some of the people compared above. 

In conclusion, Brozovic is as solid defensively as any other player including Matic, so would be perfectly fine next to Kante and NOT a liability. In an attacking sense it is obvious by Matic's assists to chances created ratio that our attackers can flourish from very little support. Now imagine them getting more than double the supply from the middle of the park. Koke is the only other player that is close to Brozovic in the sense of supply. Radja has even been playing CAM most of the season and hasn't come close to him.

If your basing it on a few stats from the few games he has played this season then that is just laughable, if you watch football then it's clear Brozovic is not as creative as Koke, Rakitic and Nainggolan and isn't as good defensively, stats will never show you all the times Brozovic falls a sleep and lets players run off him, and all the bad decisions he makes when in possession. 

And to base you stats on less then 2000 minutes of football is simply ridiculous, try watching some games rather then using such pointless stats. It's so easy to compile stats to show how much more creative the others are and how much better defensively the others are, and how much better at football the others are, and I wouldn't be basing it on less then 2000 minutes of football.

Sanchez is a player I'd like to give a go at, hes gonna be miserable right now looking at how the league is going and the trashing yesterday in Munich. He's probably gonna be really tempted and push for a move. Class player and would be even better in our team with Conte. Arsenal have sold to rivals before so it would not be impossible. Can play as lone striker, in the hole or wing.

Veratti from PSG is also a guy I would love, having Conte here could be a huge factor for him. The way he played against Barca. Class.

If we signed Alexis Sanchez i'd cream my drawers. Hazard, Costa and Sanchez would be the best attacking trio in the league, and one of the best in Europe. It would also take some of the pressure off hazard, since players wouldn't be able to double up on him with Alexis in the side as well

Sanchez would no doubt be an unbelievable signing for us, but for us to get him Sanchez and his agent are going to have to do everything they can to force the move.

Sanchez or Griezman or Icardi in an ideal world. Why would Arsenal sell Sanchez to us, we did sell Agent Cech to them after all... They're not petty penny sniffers like Spuds.

To replace Matic/alternate with Fabregas I'd take Radja, Verrati or Brozovic.

Some of the comments on here regarding Brozovic are laughable. When fit he's easily been one of Inters better players alongside Icardi. Would be an instant improvement in our side.

Being realistic I'd expect most of our business to be conducted in Italy.

Edited by CarefreeSimmo_
RMCM likes this

Emerson just scored a beauty with his right foot from 25 yards! What a player! Probably going to cost a lot more now to get him in the summer, but there aren't many better LWB's in Europe then him. 

34 minutes ago, CarefreeSimmo_ said:

Sanchez or Griezman or Icardi in an ideal world. Why would Arsenal sell Sanchez to us, we did sell Agent Cech to them after all... They're not petty penny sniffers like Spuds.

To replace Matic/alternate with Fabregas I'd take Radja, Verrati or Brozovic.

Some of the comments on here regarding Brozovic are laughable. When fit he's easily been one of Inters better players alongside Icardi. Would be an instant improvement in our side.

Being realistic I'd expect most of our business to be conducted in Italy.

Being one of Inters better players is hardly an achievement. :laugh2:

and yes he would maybe improve us, but not by much at all, but players like Koke, Bakayoko, Nainggolan, Vidal and Rakitic would improve us massively. 

16 hours ago, pacquiao said:

If your basing it on a few stats from the few games he has played this season then that is just laughable, if you watch football then it's clear Brozovic is not as creative as Koke, Rakitic and Nainggolan and isn't as good defensively, stats will never show you all the times Brozovic falls a sleep and lets players run off him, and all the bad decisions he makes when in possession. 

And to base you stats on less then 2000 minutes of football is simply ridiculous, try watching some games rather then using such pointless stats. It's so easy to compile stats to show how much more creative the others are and how much better defensively the others are, and how much better at football the others are, and I wouldn't be basing it on less then 2000 minutes of football.

So me providing evidence is laughable, ridiculous and they mean nothing yet your own personal opinion with nothing to back it up is more reputable? Come on mate, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you are right. You've given me nothing except the same argument about 'You know nothing, i watch football, i know these players are better'.

I agree stats can be deceiving and often taken out of context but when i actually supply information to back up my opinion you can't then just write it off and claim its all bs.  

I watch football and rate him highly but i suppose i will never be a knowledgeable as the almighty Pacquiao. Can't wait until a man with your footballing brain, who knows whether a player is good or not above anyone else, gets picked up by Chelsea's scouting system and we can start signing some real talent.

didierforever likes this

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So me providing evidence is laughable, ridiculous and they mean nothing yet your own personal opinion with nothing to back it up is more reputable? Come on mate, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you are right. You've given me nothing except the same argument about 'You know nothing, i watch football, i know these players are better'.

I agree stats can be deceiving and often taken out of context but when i actually supply information to back up my opinion you can't then just write it off and claim its all bs.  

I watch football and rate him highly but i suppose i will never be a knowledgeable as the almighty Pacquiao. Can't wait until a man with your footballing brain, who knows whether a player is good or not above anyone else, gets picked up by Chelsea's scouting system and we can start signing some real talent.

The funny thing is you haven't provided evidence, your stats are useless! Less then 2000 minutes of football is not a good way to judge players, as I told you I could easily find stats to prove you wrong, and mine wouldn't be based on less then 2000 minutes of football.

With Koke and Rakitic it's very clear, The stats will also back it up I'm sure, Koke creates more and is better defensively and has a great understanding with Costa, which is why he would be such a good signing. 

Rakitic is another where it's very clear who the better player is, if you watched Croatia in the Euro's its so clear to see the gulf in class between then two.

Anyone who would want Brozovic in their team ahead of Rakitic, Koke or Nainggolan very likely hasn't watched those players play very often. Brozovic would be a good signing for a team like Everton but for a team who wants to be winning PL and CL's Brozovic is simply not good enough and easily a level below the players I mentioned, there is a reason why he plays for Inter, in fact since Pasalic broke into the Milan team he has been performing better then Brozovic, only a matter of time until Pasalic break into the Croatia team and benches Brozovic.

The funny thing is you haven't provided evidence, your stats are useless! Less then 2000 minutes of football is not a good way to judge players, as I told you I could easily find stats to prove you wrong, and mine wouldn't be based on less then 2000 minutes of football.

With Koke and Rakitic it's very clear, The stats will also back it up I'm sure, Koke creates more and is better defensively and has a great understanding with Costa, which is why he would be such a good signing. 

Rakitic is another where it's very clear who the better player is, if you watched Croatia in the Euro's its so clear to see the gulf in class between then two.

Anyone who would want Brozovic in their team ahead of Rakitic, Koke or Nainggolan very likely hasn't watched those players play very often. Brozovic would be a good signing for a team like Everton but for a team who wants to be winning PL and CL's Brozovic is simply not good enough and easily a level below the players I mentioned, there is a reason why he plays for Inter, in fact since Pasalic broke into the Milan team he has been performing better then Brozovic, only a matter of time until Pasalic break into the Croatia team and benches Brozovic.

Still waiting for you to provide some form of facts to back up these claims.. 

Please explain how several different aspects of a players game are useless? Or is it because it didn't suit your agenda..? I'm sure if Brozovic's output was much lower than everyone else's then you wouldn't be so opposed to them then.

Not sure how you can somehow come up with information based on more than 2000 minutes seeing as that all they've played in the league this season :laugh2: unless you want to go back and judge them on last season when Rakitic wasn't as bad to help you out. 

25 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Still waiting for you to provide some form of facts to back up these claims..

Ok as you like stats so much and clearly don't watch football I will play along. 

Since 2014/15 when Brozovic joined Inter

Brozovic - 1.56 Chances created per game, 1.43 key passes per game, 1.51 tackles per game, and 1.29 interceptions per game

Koke - 2.07 chances created per game, 1.77 key passes per game, 1.83 tackles per game and 1.33 interceptions per game

so go on then please explain how Brozovic is better the Koke, I'll wait.

With Rakitic this is the perfect example of why your stats are so pointless. Your stats don't acknowledge the role and system a player is in or how the team he plays for limits his output.  same way they do with Iniesta and same way they did with Toure, you only have to look at Rakitic from Sevilla who in his last season at Sevilla had 78 chances created and 68 key passes, Brozovic has never come near those numbers, Rakitic showed at the Euros how good he is when given freedom to create like he got at Sevilla, the gulf in class between Brozovic and Rakitic was so clear to see Rakitic was the creative spark and Brozovic was the headless chicken, your stats won't acknowledge a player being limited this is basic stuff.

There is a reason why Rakitic plays for Barcelona and Brozovic plays for Inter, so please explain how Brozovic is better without using pointless stats. I'll wait.

Just now, pacquiao said:

Ok as you like stats so much and clearly don't watch football I will play along. 

Since 2014/15 when Brozovic joined Inter

Brozovic - 1.56 Chances created per game, 1.43 key passes per game, 1.51 tackles per game, and 1.29 interceptions per game

Koke - 2.07 chances created per game, 1.77 key passes per game, 1.83 tackles per game and 1.33 interceptions per game

so go on then please explain how Brozovic is better the Koke, I'll wait.

With Rakitic this is the perfect example of why your stats are so pointless. Your stats don't acknowledge the role and system a player is in or how the team he plays for limits his output.  same way they do with Iniesta and same way they did with Toure, you only have to look at Rakitic from Sevilla who in his last season at Sevilla had 78 chances created and 68 key passes, Brozovic has never come near those numbers, Rakitic showed at the Euros how good he is when given freedom to create like he got at Sevilla, the gulf in class between Brozovic and Rakitic was so clear to see Rakitic was the creative spark and Brozovic was the headless chicken, your stats won't acknowledge a player being limited this is basic stuff.

There is a reason why Rakitic plays for Barcelona and Brozovic plays for Inter, so please explain how Brozovic is better without using pointless stats. I'll wait.

Pretty sure in every post i've pointed out that Koke is the only one similar to Brozovic, i have no qualms with that.

Any reason you only compared Koke and none of the others? Is it because it doesn't suit your agenda by any chance as they don't better him? Surely the stats from this season are also more relevent than going back to previous seasons as he has improved since then, much like how you rate Emerson so highly, go back to last season or the start of this season and his stats would be significantly worse. But once again, bring up past seasons to lower his average, good idea tbf.

'There is a reason Rakitic plays for Barcelona and Brozovic plays for Inter' is the most laughable statement of them all. Compare when Rakitic was the same age as Brozovic and he'd just moved to Sevilla from Schalke, hardly a massive difference between a 9th place Sevilla or a 4th placed Inter. In 4-5 years when Brozovic is at the same stage of his career he may well be playing for a Barcelona, Real Madrid or better yet Chelsea.  

Do you think you could perhaps go a post without the 'you clearly don't watch football' rhetoric? It's getting a little boring.

didierforever likes this

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Pretty sure in every post i've pointed out that Koke is the only one similar to Brozovic, i have no qualms with that.

Any reason you only compared Koke and none of the others? Is it because it doesn't suit your agenda by any chance as they don't better him? Surely the stats from this season are also more relevent than going back to previous seasons as he has improved since then, much like how you rate Emerson so highly, go back to last season or the start of this season and his stats would be significantly worse. But once again, bring up past seasons to lower his average, good idea tbf.

'There is a reason Rakitic plays for Barcelona and Brozovic plays for Inter' is the most laughable statement of them all. Compare when Rakitic was the same age as Brozovic and he'd just moved to Sevilla from Schalke, hardly a massive difference between a 9th place Sevilla or a 4th placed Inter. In 4-5 years when Brozovic is at the same stage of his career he may well be playing for a Barcelona, Real Madrid or better yet Chelsea.  

Do you think you could perhaps go a post without the 'you clearly don't watch football' rhetoric? It's getting a little boring.

What other players? Pretty sure the players I said were Koke, Rakitic, Bakayoko and Vidal, and as Bakayoko and Vidal are more defensive minded players the stats are pointless to compare.

and bringing up Emerson is laughable, this is his break through season, the previous years he was a young kid gaining experience, and looked impressive now he has got himself into the Roma team and looks better and better every game, bizarre comparison really. 

And when comparing players using only stats as you clearly dont want to acknowledge what you see from actually watching these players (I wonder why) then you have to use stats from 2 or 3 seasons to get a more accurate reading, if you just looked at Mahrez stats from last season you would think he is world class wouldn't you? That's why it's foolish to just look at one season worth of stats for a player who has many seasons under their belt.

and no it isn't laughable to say there is a reason why Rakitic plays for Barca, he got the move because he was outstanding for a number of years for Sevilla, Brozovic hasn't even had one outstanding season, not even one outstanding half a season! There are levels in football, Brozovic clearly is a level below Rakitic.

What other players? Pretty sure the players I said were Koke, Rakitic, Bakayoko and Vidal, and as Bakayoko and Vidal are more defensive minded players the stats are pointless to compare.

and bringing up Emerson is laughable, this is his break through season, the previous years he was a young kid gaining experience, and looked impressive now he has got himself into the Roma team and looks better and better every game, bizarre comparison really. 

And when comparing players using only stats as you clearly dont want to acknowledge what you see from actually watching these players (I wonder why) then you have to use stats from 2 or 3 seasons to get a more accurate reading, if you just looked at Mahrez stats from last season you would think he is world class wouldn't you? That's why it's foolish to just look at one season worth of stats for a player who has many seasons under their belt.

and no it isn't laughable to say there is a reason why Rakitic plays for Barca, he got the move because he was outstanding for a number of years for Sevilla, Brozovic hasn't even had one outstanding season, not even one outstanding half a season! There are levels in football, Brozovic clearly is a level below Rakitic.

If we speak about what we see we'd be here forever, hence why stats are useful. I could say Carroll is world class because i SAW him score an overhead kick a few weeks back. Fact is stats help you back up what you see.

You kind of proved my point about going back to other seasons with the Mahrez comparison.. Hence why i only looked at this season and that is how Brozovic is currently performing, why would i care how he performed 2, 5 or 10 years ago? Its not your past performances that get you the transfer, its what they are doing now. It took Rakitic until he was 26 to get his switch to a big club (Barca), you can't just say Brozovic is at his level at Inter ha ha. Or is this just your almighty superior footballing brain and vision coming into play again. :blush2:

CarefreeSimmo_ likes this