Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kentonio

Dom Solanke wants to leave

Looks like he wanted more money which the club didn't feel like he deserved. Shame to lose him but he's been badly adviced. 

26 minutes ago, Ivanov87 said:

Looks like he wanted more money

Hopefully a suitable reception will be waiting for him if he plays at the Bridge against us. Good riddance.

Edited by the special one

Shame it has come to this but it looked like neither side would back down. 

Be interesting to see how well he does at his next club. Can be sure if he goes to Liverpool and is successful there we will see more anger on here than we did with Sturridge. 

He hasn't scored one goal in the premier league and Liverpool want him, I'm not too fussed, he won't get a look in their either. Talented kid, but I don't think he's as good as Abraham and even Ugbo might be better.

Jezz likes this

5 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

He hasn't scored one goal in the premier league and Liverpool want him, I'm not too fussed, he won't get a look in their either. Talented kid, but I don't think he's as good as Abraham and even Ugbo might be better.

Well he also has not played a game in the EPL. Still has a lot of potential but definitely has stalled. Not much of a loss to us imo as we will get compensation and he was way behind pecking order. He scored bagful of goals for our U18 and U21 but he never really kicked on and was not prolific enough at Vitesse although he was around 17/18 when he moved there so hard to judge him from that. Ugbo is another one with potential but not in the same league as Solanke. Future maybe but Solanke has scored goals galore for our youth teams and U21/U23 and for England at youth level too.

Floyd25 likes this

"When asked whether he was signing for Liverpool in the Summer, Klopp did not answer, as he could not stop laughing."

Already on his wikipedia page. I can't imagine Liverpool will pay his 50k a week demands but if he goes then so be it. He hasn't proven anything aside from being able to score at youth level. Hard to look other young players at the club in the eye when you have him on such a high wage

From what I can see, it looks like.

Wanted more playing time, if that meant a loan then so be it.
Didn't get a loan, had to stay with the club
Thought, well if I'm going to sit on the bench for another few seasons I want to be compensated for it
No?  Then I'll find someone that will do both?

I'm sure there are suitors out there that would give him a chance to play, possible not for that money but it seems he was only asking for the money as he couldn't see a way into the team.

Sad to see him go.

STATS, Sapper245, PythonLu and 1 other like this

Difficult to judge at the time in the same age group teams as Solanke, Furez, izzy Brown, Bamford and Abraham all looked good. Time will tell if any are good enough, but I would say apart from Abraham the other two with lower league clubs have probably found their level. Bamford has left and we'll  see if he gets regular premier lge starts.

Posted this in his reserve page because I didn't notice this one:

I'd 10000% be taking an 8mil comp fee for him if that rumour is true.

i was the same thinking he was the future for us but Tammy has definitely shot past him on that aspect and Bertrand is probably still ahead of him as well.

It's hard to see where he'd get a look in here and for those wage demands, good riddance. Although if he moves to Liverpool it's 100% not about playing time as he'll be way down their pecking order as well!

Fair play if he goes somewhere he'll be a starter though.

If he really is making these demands then I have no problem with the club sending him on his way, being held to ransom by a kid with zero first team games is not on.

bluegraham, Scott Harris and Jezz like this

Sadly a classic case of poor advice from his agent and parents...he's been overtaken by Tammy Abraham and is in no position to be making demands...watched him in an under-23 game on chelsea tv before Xmas and he was crap...Batshuayi played in the same game and looked a cut above and we all know how he's struggled in the first team...perhaps it's best for his career for him to move but his reputation hasn't been enhanced by the ways he's handled this

Jezz likes this

this episode is one of the few black marks this season which has been brilliant on nearly every level.

I think the club have done poorly- firstly this seemingly laissez-faire approach to letting talented young players contracts running down has bit us here, as it nearly did with ola aina last summer. it is no secret to anyone at the club that this lad has talent so why did the club not have a deal sorted with him before he went to vitesse?

secondly I have no idea how stopping him from going out on loan and not using him much in the various reserve levels helps us- it seems incredibly petty (the latest example of such behaviour coming from the club, and I would say it appears to be pathological). it was hardly going to convince him that we had a long term plan for him and it probably doesn't send a great message to the other lads in the academy either.

I'm not saying he should have been given 50k a week (as reported, and one wonders how that 'fact' is out in the media), but I doubt he'd have been asking for a sum even approaching that if the club had managed him properly.

never mind though, we'll get a couple million if he stays in england. otherwise he'll go to scotland and we'll get much less. then if he does well we can spend £30m+ bringing him back. good times.

ashwin likes this

I don't think think the club couldve done more personally. We have been trying to get him on a new contract for the last 18 months. We didnt send him out on loan as it could put him in the shop window for other clubs to tap him up. 

We did the same with ola aina, but eventually he signed a new contract last summer weeks before his contract was up. 

Realistically we are going to lose a few promising players when the youth team is churning out quality that isnt getting much of a shot in the 1st team. 

It wouls have been nice to have just sold him a year ago and got some sell on clauses, or a buy back clause inserted to a team not in direct competition with ourselves, but im sure solankes agent has dug his heels in, knowing he will het himself a bigger pay day, if solanke moves as a free agent. 

Hopefully he has a good career but one that doesnt have us regretting losing him.

Edited by big blue

It's great bringing players through, but if they're only good enough for championship football or sitting on somebody else's bench lower down the premiership, then it's the right decision to let them go. 50k a week is far too much to invest if the feeling is he won't make it.

Just a gentle reminder for when you're reading certain headlines today/in general...
C43EwY1WYAAv4Nd.jpg

Thought I'd share this here It's from the Chelsea Youth Twitter account which also posts a story from nov 2015 about how RLC won't sign a new contract with us, I believe he went on to sign a contract not too long after. Think where the press and Chelsea youngsters are concerned we need to take it with a pinch of salt it might well be true.But leaving for Liverpool really doesn't make sense a team like west ham or Southampton would make a lot more sense for a potential move still at the prem don't have to move up to Liverpool and he'd have much more chance of game time. 

Maidstone Blue likes this

Seen it before with Borini. He thought he was the dogs bollocks, wanted lots of money. Let him leave and he's currently making us regret it...living up to his potential....doing really well...playing occasionally for Sunderland.

If these youngsters really knuckled down, worked their arses off in training and force the manager to take notice, maybe they'd make it, but the vast majority of talented youngsters don't make it, not because necessarily of ability, but because they don't have the attitude.

Edited by Zeta

i haven't followed the youth players too closely this season but this does look like a kid with promise has (maybe) let it all go to his head a bit.

i don't know who is advising him but surely he'd be better to work his socks off here for another season or two? while our track record for bringing young players through isn't great i believe there are signs that with Conte at the helm we will begin to see young players given a chance when Conte believes they are really ready.

I watched every single game he played alongside the Musonda's/Abraham's/Boga's/Christensen's for 2 seasons I think, at least the games CFC broadcasted.

When he didn't score a goal, he wasn't doing anything special, just making the average runs expected of any decent striker. When he did score a goal, it was more often than not just a regular old goal, after regular old play, after given a regular old chance. He showed nothing special like those around him did (even Kiwomya looked the better talent.) Abraham had strength & determination, Musonda & Boga had the skill and next-level awareness, Izzy Brown had eyes which never left the bottom corner of the goal, but Solanke had 0 qualities of note. There was only hype because he was part of an otherwise great team being one of the few English players. (there's no coincidence RLC gets the same praise, yet wouldn't be touched with a 10ft pole if he was Romanian or Mexican.)

The only English players we've had in our youth in the past 5 years worthy of our first team (Abraham remains to be seen) are John Swift (that's where we're criminal, in wanting more English blood, in wanting a replacement for Fabregas when we need it, yet ignoring a guy who plays like Xavi) and Jay DaSilva, the 1 other supreme talent in our youth who's also English, and easily good enough to start 10 games a season for us in the local cup matches. And I base that on him 2+ years ago, nevermind 2 years of development in the future.

*edit - Just seen we let John Swift go. Holy sh*t. Our best ever generation of youth are all going down the drain, just as we refused to admit it would while they were dominating the likes of Barcelona's youth. Sickening. He's seemingly one of the Championship's best players this season, for Reading who're pushing for promotion. Idiotic from Emenalo, the number 1 guy in regards to authority over our youth.

Edited by Katyusha

2 minutes ago, Katyusha said:

I watched every single game he played alongside the Musonda's/Abraham's/Boga's/Christensen's for 2 seasons I think, at least the games CFC broadcasted.

When he didn't score a goal, he wasn't doing anything special, just making the average runs expected of any decent striker. When he did score a goal, it was more often than not just a regular old goal, after regular old play, after given a regular old chance. He showed nothing special like those around him did (even Kiwomya looked the better talent.) Abraham had strength & determination, Musonda & Boga had the skill and next-level awareness, Izzy Brown had eyes which never left the bottom corner of the goal, but Solanke had 0 qualities of note. There was only hype because he was part of an otherwise great team, being one of the few English players (there's no coincidence RLC gets the same praise, yet wouldn't be touched with a 10ft pole if he was Romanian or French.)

The only English player we've had in our youth in the past 5 years worthy of our first team (Abraham remains to be seen) is John Swift. That's where we're criminal, in wanting more English blood, in wanting a replacement for Fabregas when we need it, yet ignoring a guy who plays like Xavi.

*edit - Jay DaSilva. The 1 other supreme talent in our youth who's also English, and is easily good enough to start 10 games a season for us in the local cup matches.

Agree with you on a lot of this and with DaSilva too but my one concern and still is a big concern for me is that he is very diminutive. He also has gone on loan to a struggling Charlton in L1 ans has featured on the bench every single game, only coming on as a sub once. I think their manager is concerned that he does not have the physicality and height to trust him in the team. Because really our brightest talents should be walking into League 1 teams.

Ungrateful money grabbing d*ckhead, can't wait to see him at Luton on the transfer list in 3 years time while we've got Costa and Neymar banging them in up top, these ungrateful over-rated over-paid spoiled teenagers just need to work hard and hope for the best

50k/week for a 19 year old? He must be a very special 19 year old. Judging by his record, I reckon the club made the right decision not to bend over for him.

I doubt he's really on the radar of the likes of Liverpool given he wants 50k. Would he be any better off there? No. He'd still be 3rd or 4th in the pecking order there. He'll move to a smaller club overpaying or stay with us. He could eventually be a 2nd ST b/c as everyone has been saying he does the bare minimum of what you would expect a ST to do. He'll never be a top ST IMO

Disagree with those saying he really wasn't that talented. He looked a great talent a year back and had that instinct which could make him out to be a top striker. Of course, he probably hasn't developed much in the last year and a bit. Sometimes there's just nothing the club can do. Such high wages will unsettle other youngsters and set a bad precedent. 

Never felt John Swift was special at all, aleays felt he was the least talented of our starting youth. The next Xavi? Come on.