Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

David Nicolson

70s photos of Shed Boys

Hi. My name is David and in the early 70s I spent at least a year with Bubbles, Jean, Eccles and all the Shed Boys taking hundreds of photos of you all for the Sunday Times Magazine, one of which you reproduce on your web site. I was a long-haired Yetti, but you kindly took me under your protective wings, guarding me against 'enemies,' such as the Arsenal, while I was snapping some wonderful photos. I still have all the original negatives, and they provide excellent historical images of you in all your glories!

I would love to make contact with you all, particularly Bubbles, Jean and Eccles, so that I can share my memories and photos with you. We could create an album of photos to celebrate those great times, and post them on your web site as a permanent record of your glory days!

I attach a photo of Bubbles and Jean and will be very grateful for any replies.

All the very best,

David

Bubbles and Jean.jpg

jim hamilton, pettsy, Jezz and 14 others like this

shed 50th anniv vid....excellent.. Sir Babs...Big Bob n his bro. Many familiar faces...Envious I couldn't shake a hand or two. Will see big bob tho on his Chelsea stall next time I'm kicking up the cobble stones, looking for fun n feeling groovy daarn the Fulham rd... Love these guys

erskblue, Jezz, nominator and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Peckham Blue said:

You might want hto think of watermarking these great pictures, they'll be on ebay before you know it.

Suprrb photos thank you David for posting them.priceless, wonderful.  

nominator likes this

I'm proud to be an original shed boy. I was born at the age of 12 a shed boy. I'll die a shed boy. My blood is blue. My tears are blue. My heart beats to the sound of Liquidator as it was done by us properly. I love every Chelsea fan irrespective on their thoughts about me. Proper Chelsea fans are a family. One unit. Tottenham scum

Scott, erskblue, andygate14 and 5 others like this

5 hours ago, Mike Carefree said:

shed 50th anniv vid....excellent.. Sir Babs...Big Bob n his bro. Many familiar faces...Envious I couldn't shake a hand or two. Will see big bob tho on his Chelsea stall next time I'm kicking up the cobble stones, looking for fun n feeling groovy daarn the Fulham rd... Love these guys

Great video, my sons now in their early 20's grew up having hero's such as jimmy and eidur, then it was on to didier, frank and jt, when I was a young lad in the late 70's I didn't have any Chelsea hero's, well Wilkins and we sold him! So going to school  a 8 or 9 years of age the only real thing I could come back at piss taking mates was, "well you may have hoddle or brooking or dalglish or Brady but we got the shed!!! So who needs a re run of match of the day in the 70's when we were never on it anyway! I got the shed end 50th anniversary lunch video!! Respect to all

nominator and erskblue like this

2 hours ago, The Leigh Limpet said:

Any idea where he got that nickname from?. Over the decades, yet to meet any 'Blue' who knows!.

Sorry mate got no idea always called him Danny same with Babs just call him Dave

8 hours ago, The Leigh Limpet said:

Any idea where he got that nickname from?. Over the decades, yet to meet any 'Blue' who knows!.

8 hours ago, The Leigh Limpet said:

I asked this q years ago to someone on our train. He said....eccles is called Eccles coz he loves the Eccles cakes...true or not I don't know

15 hours ago, Mike Carefree said:

I asked this q years ago to someone on our train. He said....eccles is called Eccles coz he loves the Eccles cakes...true or not I don't know

In that case, suppose it's a good job he didn't love Doughnuts!. Dos'nt have the same aura about it!