Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Would be happy if this goes through, anything that improves the team is a good thing!! 

Though i really do think that Alonso is a top player and would have been more than happy having Baba as back up. We have other positions that need improving more than LWB. 

10 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

There's no need to piss about and have them reject another bid because they feel disrespected. Unless you want to spend an entire summer going after him. Finish the business early and move on to other targets.

They've turned it down. Why offer it again when the situation changes? You think the Chinese would offer 70m or whatever again for Costa now?

If he really wants to come here let him push and give HIM incentive. How many transfers have we been involved with where the player was indecisive and we kept throwing money at clubs only for them to say no we want more? I'll be shocked if Juve don't try to add on more to the 60 before selling to us. 'Sandro wants to leave, we'll happily sell him for 65.' They don't want to be seen as pushovers either. 

4 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

They've turned it down. Why offer it again when the situation changes? You think the Chinese would offer 70m or whatever again for Costa now?

If he really wants to come here let him push and give HIM incentive. How many transfers have we been involved with where the player was indecisive and we kept throwing money at clubs only for them to say no we want more? I'll be shocked if Juve don't try to add on more to the 60 before selling to us. 'Sandro wants to leave, we'll happily sell him for 65.' They don't want to be seen as pushovers either. 

Fwiw I think Juventus are happy to accept 55.2m or whatever we've bid. I think they rejected it as way of saying to Sandro that they don't want him to leave. If Sandro hands in a transfer request perhaps they'd accept the same offer?

Edited by the special one

So your idea is to offer LESS? and that will make them not be seen as pushover?

Fwiw I think Juventus are happy to accept 55.2m or whatever we've bid. I think they rejected it as way of saying to Sandro that they don't want him to leave. If Sandro hands in a transfer request perhaps they'd accept the same offer?

How would that work? Ring us up and tell us they've changed their minds? Once an offer is rejected do we have to place the bid again or they can just change their stance on the same bid?

This might seem like a stupid question, but why isn't he on big wages at Juve? Surely they can offer him as much as we can?

The lowest earners on our team would be right up there with Juve's highest earners. Serie A wages are really low compared to what we pay in England (to be honest no league pays anything near our wages). I'd bet Southampton have a bigger wage bill than Juve.

6 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

The lowest earners on our team would be right up there with Juve's highest earners. Serie A wages are really low compared to what we pay in England (to be honest no league pays anything near our wages). I'd bet Southampton have a bigger wage bill than Juve.

Didn't know that. Thought in general Serie A was low but thought Juve were a club that paid well. 

Didn't know that. Thought in general Serie A was low but thought Juve were a club that paid well. 

Juve definitely pay a lot more than the rest of Serie A but compared to English teams, they don't even come close. We can comfortably double Sandro's €2.5m/year wages and not bat an eye. Juve can't (or won't) do that. It'll ruin their wage structure (which is already by far the most expensive in Serie A).
Paccbet likes this

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

Juve definitely pay a lot more than the rest of Serie A but compared to English teams, they don't even come close. We can comfortably double Sandro's €2.5m/year wages and not bat an eye. Juve can't (or won't) do that. It'll ruin their wage structure (which is already by far the most expensive in Serie A).

Nah thats not accurate, Juve have a fairly high wage bill. Only the top 5 (Excluding Tottenham) in England pay more. Its around 180 million pounds iirc, while ours is in the 250 range

DonAntonio likes this

12 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Don't think we're going to win the CL with Alonso at LWB. this is very much what we need. Juve will have an easy replacement too if they just throw the money at Monaco and grab Mendy.

So why don't we just go for Mendy? They have a Point not wanting to sell a top player without having his replacement