Andrea Belotti

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Why isn't there a thread on him? We've been linked with him a lot in recent months.

With Costa leaving and Morata an unlikely option if Madrid continue to hold out, this could be the ideal striker. 

Granted he's young but he's the same age as Lukaku and Kane and even though the other two have been scoring for longer, Belotti looks the real deal. Well, Kane looks the real deal but not Lukaku imo. 

Belotti is good with both feet and really really good in the air for a striker who's not so tall. He has this devilish streak about him very similar to Costa except without the propensity to lash out and get a red (kind of like how Costa was in the first half of the season). Reminds me a lot of Vieri and some have even compared him to Batistuta. 

He's not a flat track bully either. Has scored this season against Milan, Inter, Napoli and Juventus. Oh and at the moment, he has 25 goals in 30 appearances this season. Has a bit of Suarez in him as well, I'd say.

Has great link up play and a great first touch. Also very good at pressing up front, something I'm sure Conte would love. I'd be shocked if we're not actually interested in him.

Good read up on him here: https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/vFdX53j1SUCLR-ZYl8QLyw/Show/Why-Andrea-Belotti-is-the-most-sought-after-striker-in-Europe

Worth noting that he does have an 86m release clause but no one's really going to pay that for him. I reckon Torino would let him go for 35-40m. And if we were bold enough to spend that much on Batshuayi who had less impressive stats in a smaller league, we should be able to spend that on him.

19 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Why isn't there a thread on him? We've been linked with him a lot in recent months.

With Costa leaving and Morata an unlikely option if Madrid continue to hold out, this could be the ideal striker. 

Granted he's young but he's the same age as Lukaku and Kane and even though the other two have been scoring for longer, Belotti looks the real deal. Well, Kane looks the real deal but not Lukaku imo. 

Belotti is good with both feet and really really good in the air for a striker who's not so tall. He has this devilish streak about him very similar to Costa except without the propensity to lash out and get a red (kind of like how Costa was in the first half of the season). Reminds me a lot of Vieri and some have even compared him to Batistuta. 

He's not a flat track bully either. Has scored this season against Milan, Inter, Napoli and Juventus. Oh and at the moment, he has 25 goals in 30 appearances this season. Has a bit of Suarez in him as well, I'd say.

Has great link up play and a great first touch. Also very good at pressing up front, something I'm sure Conte would love. I'd be shocked if we're not actually interested in him.

Good read up on him here: https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/vFdX53j1SUCLR-ZYl8QLyw/Show/Why-Andrea-Belotti-is-the-most-sought-after-striker-in-Europe

Worth noting that he does have an 86m release clause but no one's really going to pay that for him. I reckon Torino would let him go for 35-40m. And if we were bold enough to spend that much on Batshuayi who had less impressive stats in a smaller league, we should be able to spend that on him.

You are in a different world mate if you think Torino will let him go for £35-40m. He will go for at least £60m if not more when he leaves and I am sure a team will pay that amount. If not Torino will just keep until a big offer is made. Similar to Lukaku situation.

2 minutes ago, STATS said:

You are in a different world mate if you think Torino will let him go for £35-40m. He will go for at least £60m if not more when he leaves and I am sure a team will pay that amount. If not Torino will just keep until a big offer is made. Similar to Lukaku situation.

Fair enough. based on what I've seen, I'd spend that £60m on him instead of Lukaku.

55 minutes ago, big blue said:

Would want to see him do it for another season before spending big on him.  

Could be the next immobile. Only time will tell.

Has a lot more qualities Immobile could only dream of having. With all the qualities the kid has, it'll be hard for him to drop off completely. Dip in form here and there will definitely come but he looks the real deal.

7 hours ago, nofizzleforshizzle said:

Shouldn't we have a good chance of getting players talented Italians due to the Conte connection ? I would love to have this guy and Verratti on the team. 

Kante and Verratti in the middle, we'd never win another header there.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Rumour is Torino value him at over £80m 

He's basically one of the valued players in Europe right now. 

I want to say they can do one but the rate at which he's going, if he puts in another season like this or even better, he may well be worth that. He's on course to be only the 3rd Serie A player to score over 30 goals in a season since the 50's.

Its the first season Belotti's hit over 12 goals in a season. Lukaku has scored more than that almost every season for the last 7-8 years. As they're the same age and will likely cost about the same its a no brainer to go with Lukaku. Why take a risk on someone who might not cut it in the prem when we have a ready made option right there..?

9 hours ago, brenobnfm said:

That's bullsh*t, 40M and he is gone, this is Serie A.

Yeah I mean it's not like Juventus paid £75m for Higuaín all of 9 months ago. 

They'll definitely let him go for a bag of training balls and a Mars bar because it's Serie A (whatever that means). 

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Yeah I mean it's not like Juventus paid £75m for Higuaín all of 9 months ago. 

They'll definitely let him go for a bag of training balls and a Mars bar because it's Serie A (whatever that means). 

Nah mate, Higuain was not your regular negotiation, there are some many factors that i will not even bother. What i mean is, he can't be used as a reference, nor any Juventus transfer, they are a special case, like Bayern in Germany.

Edited by brenobnfm

2 minutes ago, brenobnfm said:

Nah mate, Higuain was not your regular negotiation, there are some many factors that i will not even bother. What i mean is, he can't be used as a reference, nor any Juventus transfer, they are a special case, like Bayern in Germany.

Image result for okay sure gif

14 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Its the first season Belotti's hit over 12 goals in a season. Lukaku has scored more than that almost every season for the last 7-8 years. As they're the same age and will likely cost about the same its a no brainer to go with Lukaku. Why take a risk on someone who might not cut it in the prem when we have a ready made option right there..?

Because Lukaku isn't likeable and he is a bit of a donkey I can totally get why people don't want him although he is excellent for his age 

15 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

For me Belotti would be a better fit for our attack and don't have the limitations Lukaku has (Pressuring, Passing, Aggression/Mentality).

Looks good, but not sure if spending 60m on him after 1 good season is wise. Maybe if Costa was to leave and Bats is off too then I could understand.

Then again a swap deal could be made with bats going the other way, but it seems unlikely

• 1 month later...

Watched him today against Lichtenstein, superb movement to produce 1 goal and 1 assist. He also started a counterattack after a great tackle, where he would have scored another goal, if not for a mixup between two of his teammates. I'm hoping United dosen't buy him atleast.

13 hours ago, comtrend said:

Watched him today against Lichtenstein, superb movement to produce 1 goal and 1 assist. He also started a counterattack after a great tackle, where he would have scored another goal, if not for a mixup between two of his teammates. I'm hoping United dosen't buy him atleast.

Belotti should be CF target number 1 for us as far as I'm concerned. If rumours of interest in Lukaku are true, and I suppose with all the smoke blowing around there has to be some fire somewhere, then I hope that's only because Belotti has already turned us down. If this bloke is still available to us then going for Rom instead is frustrating beyond belief.

On 14/04/2017 at 20:04, Barrettinator said:

We shouldn't be spending anything more than 60m on a player who's had only a season and half of great performances. The market is insane these days, Christ!

The market is insane that can't be argued but...

I'd rather pay a bigger insane fee for Belotti than pay a smaller insane fee for Lukaku. If we really are chasing Rom in preference to Belotti, then I can only imagine it's because the people who were behind buying Rom the first time, want to be proved right. I just don't want to believe that Antonio can watch these two players and freely choose Rom. To me that would be madness.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie