Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Looks most like Costa according to YouTube.

He looks impressive on YouTube. I know it's hard to judge players on highlight videos alone, but the thing that I would be most excited to see if he came here, is just how tenacious he is. Very much like Tevez in that respect. £85m is a massive chunk out of the kitty though. 

DonAntonio, doctorblue and Brutos like this

5 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Come on Chelsea let's swoop for Belotti quick.

He would be my first choice, Lukaku and Morata are too expensive... I'm confident we can get this deal done for around 30-40m.

That's about half what he will cost

DonAntonio and HappyDays like this

8 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

He would be my first choice, Lukaku and Morata are too expensive... I'm confident we can get this deal done for around 30-40m.

I'd like to buy both of his legs...

24 minutes ago, big blue said:

He looks impressive on YouTube. I know it's hard to judge players on highlight videos alone, but the thing that I would be most excited to see if he came here, is just how tenacious he is. Very much like Tevez in that respect. £85m is a massive chunk out of the kitty though. 

But if he's Conte's first choice it's because he believes he's best suited to the style of play Conte wants...think the Tourino President is showboating about the price but I'd be surprised if we got him under £70m...

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

No chance not to a PL club 65 minimum 

He's definitely a fighter type.  Can create his own space and doesn't give up on the ball too easily.  Good header of the ball and clinical finishing.  Would not mind him one bit.

I do realize the media is drumming the beat in the wake of the Lukaku fiasco, but is there genuine interest on our part?

38 minutes ago, L1ONHeart said:

He's definitely a fighter type.  Can create his own space and doesn't give up on the ball too easily.  Good header of the ball and clinical finishing.  Would not mind him one bit.

I do realize the media is drumming the beat in the wake of the Lukaku fiasco, but is there genuine interest on our part?

I f***ing hope so. IMO...

1. Belotti

2. Lukaku

3. Morata

L1ONHeart likes this

What's the chances we'll pay £89 million for an unproven italian striker with one good season behind him? You might as well close this thread because this is not happening.
We couldn't even pay that for Lukaku who will break 100 league goals at the age of 24 this season.

didierforever likes this

I wish everyone would stop talking about Lukaku. I feel as if he's one of my ex-girlfriends that everyone are telling me how good and great she's doing.

He's probably gone, we should move on! On to the next striker we probably won't buy.

Sorry but Immobile has the same profile and scored almost the same goals. He then goes to Germany and Spain and failed completely. He goes back in Italy and score 26 goals, just 2 less then Belotti. That`s told you enough how bad the Serie A is.

didierforever likes this

2 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Sorry but he's not proven to spank 100 euros on...Morata is our best bet...proven in two leagues and more suitable to our style of play...

Really ? In Italy he scored 13 goals in his first season, 9 in his second and was never a regular starter in either season, that isn't just in the league either, that is all competitions. All he has proven in his career so far is that no manager has backed him to be their number striker and that most of his goals have come against bottom of the table teams. If we are going to count Morata as a proven striker, then there are many other strikers out there in the same position. Morata has tons to prove yet and i don't see how anybody can justify the price tag on his head right now, even in this ridiculous market we are now in. I would rather we stick with Batshuayi than go for Morata.

didierforever and ozboy like this

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Really ? In Italy he scored 13 goals in his first season, 9 in his second and was never a regular starter in either season, that isn't just in the league either, that is all competitions. All he has proven in his career so far is that no manager has backed him to be their number striker and that most of his goals have come against bottom of the table teams. If we are going to count Morata as a proven striker, then there are many other strikers out there in the same position. Morata has tons to prove yet and i don't see how anybody can justify the price tag on his head right now, even in this ridiculous market we are now in. I would rather we stick with Batshuayi than go for Morata.

What a strike force of Batshuayi? 

13 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

In the last 3 seasons 

Morata has scored 47 goals in 6,551 minutes 

Belotti has scored 46 goals 7,427 minutes