Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coco

Russia 2018

Just over a year till KO.

But will we even get that far ?

Could this be the first ever cancelled WC ?

dan likes this

I expect the Russian World Cup to go ahead without any issues, barring some dramatic or unexpected event (most likely political) that occurs from now until then.

I still think Qatar 2022 has more clouds of doubt hovering over it.

undertow likes this

On 07/04/2017 at 11:00, coco said:

Just over a year till KO.

But will we even get that far ?

I'd be delighted if it was moved somewhere else to be honest. If Ireland qualify i'd love to go to the World Cup, but safety concerns about travelling to Russia are very real in my opinion. They should just move it to a country with the infrastructure in place  . . . coughEnglandcough

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:24, RMCM said:

I'd be delighted if it was moved somewhere else to be honest. If Ireland qualify i'd love to go to the World Cup, but safety concerns about travelling to Russia are very real in my opinion. They should just move it to a country with the infrastructure in place  . . . coughEnglandcough

We will never host the WC i dont know who hates us more FIFA or UEFA i think they would rather give it to france again than us just to really show who are the bosses

On 04/07/2017 at 13:00, coco said:

No. Simply, no, It's the next one if there ever will be one.

Euro 1996 had more reasons to be cancelled than this one.

undertow likes this

6 minutes ago, Maksimov said:

??

WeatherMan likes this

21 minutes ago, Maksimov said:

No. Simply, no, It's the next one if there ever will be one.

Did it really ?  What reasons where they then because I can't think of any.  It was a fantastic tournament from start to finish, not just game wise but in terms of organisation, facilities and overall atmosphere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39739512

French prosecutors are investigating the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups and have questioned former Fifa president Sepp Blatter.

France's National Public Prosecutor's Office began examining the bid to award the tournaments, to Russia and Qatar respectively, last year.

Le Monde reports that prosecutors are looking into allegations of corruption.

The French newspaper also reports that Blatter was spoken to by investigators on Thursday, 20 April "as a witness".

In March, Fifa passed on evidence to Swiss and United States authorities, whose own investigations into alleged corruption at football's governing body began two years ago.

In May 2015, Swiss authorities raided a Zurich hotel and arrested seven people who were among 14 indicted on corruption charges in an inquiry led by the United States Department of Justice.

In December that year, 16 more officials were charged following the arrest of two Fifa vice-presidents at the same hotel in Zurich.

Blatter's 17-year reign as Fifa president came to an end as he was banned from all football-related activities for eight years - later reduced to six - in December 2015.

The 81-year-old was found to have made a £1.3m "disloyal payment" to ex-Uefa boss Michel Platini, who was also banned for six years.

That payment is also being looked into by Swiss prosecutors.

You would think if they do change the host countries they would need to pay compensation to those countries for expenses paid for building stadiums etc.

I find it strange the French are investigating when FIFA headquarters are in Zurich Switzerland.