Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Batshuayi

Michael Keane

7 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Nah, got Christensen and Zouma coming back in. Although personally I'm not a huge fan of Zouma.

I'm a fan of Zouma but not in this system. Keane is a good ball playing center half, something Zouma is not and probably never will be.

We don't need him, we already have Zouma and Christensen, and given that Christensen is looking for a first team place at the club, signing Keane could/would make him look elsewhere. Also Keane is in the last year of his contract and is English, so you can be sure Burnley will be looking for a huge sum

44 minutes ago, adineen98 said:

We don't need him, we already have Zouma and Christensen, and given that Christensen is looking for a first team place at the club, signing Keane could/would make him look elsewhere. Also Keane is in the last year of his contract and is English, so you can be sure Burnley will be looking for a huge sum

£30 mil is what's been quoted by some media outlets

So basically a Luiz figure for him.

As FC say's it's no wonder most clubs look abroad.

With Terry off and Christiansen coming in I wouldn't think another cb was needed if Zouma stays. Azpi is great because he covers 2/3 positions and he has the RCB position covered (where Kean would play) and I believe Christiansen can be second choice for that and Luiz position which puts Zouma in an interesting position. I don't know if his style suits the current playing style. So I wouldn't, as much as I hate to say it, be adverse to selling him. If that happens then we'd need another CB imo.

I can see LCB that may need someone coming in though so don't think Keane is the right player. Ake is already our player and suits our style and would be comfortable on the left. Or someone comes in. If we were to sign anyone I would like either Ben Gibson or Romagnoli. Both left footed and both can play from the back. I think Romagnoli is the better player and has a higher ceiling but Gibson is English has had a great season, would be easily attainable (providing Middlesbrough go down) and would be a strong leader. If we signed someone I would hope Ake is on the bench when fit though as can cover CB LWB and midfield. 

So in summary I wouldn't get Keane but think Gibson or Romagnoli would be good shouts only if Zouma moves on.

£30 mil is what's been quoted by some media outlets

He's a good defender but 30 million? Outrageous fee
Bobbywoodhogan likes this

Zouma is an average footballer but I'd rather just keep him and leave someone like United to snap Keane up.

He's English and half-decent so naturally he is the next John Terry and the price quoted is ludicrous. Realistically he is worth just shy of £10m. 

During their relegation season (when Michael Duff got injured) I thought he looked like a pretty decent prospect. It is clear that he's kicked on, but in all honesty, when it rapidly became evident that Burnley were going to be a mid-table prospect as opposed to boring relegation battlers (a.k.a. Middlesbrough) I assumed the defender about whom everyone would make a fuss would be Ben Mee. I still think he's better in all honesty.

We do need more English/homegrown players. We only have Cahill, Cesc and Begovic who qualify I believe. 

Would take him. 

Posted (edited)

With Ake and Christensen back next season dont really feel we need a centre back now. However if we were to buy i prefer Van Dijk, Laporte and Ben Gibson over Keane.

Edited by jack_super_class

We don't need Keane calibre of player, it's either top class or give the likes of Zouma, Christensen time to progress ( who aren't worse defenders than Keane)

is he really better than ake or zouma though? i would rather we save on defenders and focus on midfield, that's where we get dominated most atm. i'm not saying don't focus on defence at all, but we have ake, zouma, christensen and aina, and we wouldn't need to pay any money for them. i would be all for signing mendy of monaco though as lwb. 

Chelsbear likes this

Van dijk is good, but christensen says he wants to return to play, not sit on the bench. I think we bring christensen back he's gotta be in the team. Cahill would be the one he replaces imo. Signing too many defenders will be a hinderance. I'd much rather stick with what we have. 

Chigzzer likes this

25 minutes ago, Batshuayi said:

Would Christensen be classed as HG seeing as he's been at the club since being 16 or so?

Homegrown states that a player must have been at an English club for 3 years before the age of 21, the rule now only stares registered so I don't think a loan effects it however they are trying to change this rule so that they must stay in England and from 21 to 18 as most homegrown don't qualify to play for England which is the whole point 

Batshuayi likes this

1 hour ago, DonAntonio said:

Homegrown states that a player must have been at an English club for 3 years before the age of 21, the rule now only stares registered so I don't think a loan effects it however they are trying to change this rule so that they must stay in England and from 21 to 18 as most homegrown don't qualify to play for England which is the whole point 

Oversees loans do not count towards the 3 season period required to qualify as home grown. 

Christiensen has had 2 seasons here and 2 in Germany. His last season as an under 21 is next season. If he spends it back at chelsea or anywhere in the UK, he will be classed as homegrown. If he spends it at chelsea which is likely, he will also be club trained which is a requirement for the Champions league. 

DonAntonio likes this

6 hours ago, big blue said:

Oversees loans do not count towards the 3 season period required to qualify as home grown. 

Christiensen has had 2 seasons here and 2 in Germany. His last season as an under 21 is next season. If he spends it back at chelsea or anywhere in the UK, he will be classed as homegrown. If he spends it at chelsea which is likely, he will also be club trained which is a requirement for the Champions league. 

Thanks for the info, was unsure as the rule said "registered". 

big blue likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 12:14, JM7 said:

We do need more English/homegrown players. We only have Cahill, Cesc and Begovic who qualify I believe. 

Would take him. 

We have RLC, Aina and Chalobah who count as homegrown. Also, if we get get Lukaku back, he counts as homegrown as well (spent 3 seasons as a Chelsea player before 21). Think we're covered in that department. Keane is a bang average talent. No need to waste a single penny on him. Anyone else who wants to have him can have him.

Scott Harris and Batshuayi like this