Jump to content
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting


Sign in to follow this  
dazer

I've looked after it 46 years...

Recommended Posts

....and now it's time someone else had it.

Someone on the European Cup Winners Cup bus dropped their Real Madrid buttonhole badge on the top floor of the bus on 22nd May 1971.

I can vouch that it's authentic and it came off that bus. 

I just want to pass it on to someone who it would mean something to.

So, any helpers?

Problem is, being RMFC, you might not want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh it would mean something to me - and I would be very grateful for your generosity in passing it on!

Because you're not trying to come on here and sell something in your first post are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beerqueen - No, I'm not trying to sell it. I'm genuine and, no offence, I wouldn't like to see it go to a seller. It's a little piece of Chelsea's history.

Unfortunately the roll of film that was on the bottom floor of the bus was unused otherwise there might have been some interesting piccies to go along with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dazer said:

Beerqueen - No, I'm not trying to sell it. I'm genuine and, no offence, I wouldn't like to see it go to a seller. It's a little piece of Chelsea's history.

Unfortunately the roll of film that was on the bottom floor of the bus was unused otherwise there might have been some interesting piccies to go along with it.

 

Oh sorry then - so often people come on here trying to sell things that I've become cynical!  I genuinely think it would be a nice thing to have - the cupwinners cup was one of my early memories and I remember thinking it incredible that we had beaten Real Madrid.  If you are genuinely just trying to ensure it goes to a good home, I would be interested - I would bequeath it to my son after I go too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got me looking over my shoulder now. I'm not ready for the grim reaper yet, - I hope :-) . I understand your cynicism. Truth is, I'm having to sort out all sorts of bitty stuff left by my parents, some with history and some without, some with a bit of value and quite a lot without; so I've been doing a lot of web crawling and trying to find homes for bits that mean something instead of it all being dumped.

The RMFC badge was not in that stuff but now I've got the opportunity to 'save' it, I thought why not try here. I know its story.

If its going to a good home then you're welcome to it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dazer said:

You've got me looking over my shoulder now. I'm not ready for the grim reaper yet, - I hope :-) . I understand your cynicism. Truth is, I'm having to sort out all sorts of bitty stuff left by my parents, some with history and some without, some with a bit of value and quite a lot without; so I've been doing a lot of web crawling and trying to find homes for bits that mean something instead of it all being dumped.

The RMFC badge was not in that stuff but now I've got the opportunity to 'save' it, I thought why not try here. I know its story.

If its going to a good home then you're welcome to it.

 

 

That would be very kind of you   And if we are ever going to the same match, there will obviously be a drink coming your way.

I know what you mean about finding a home for things rather than dumping them - you know that there must be someone out there who'd appreciate something but trying to find them can be tricky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

That would be very kind of you   And if we are ever going to the same match, there will obviously be a drink coming your way.

I know what you mean about finding a home for things rather than dumping them - you know that there must be someone out there who'd appreciate something but trying to find them can be tricky. 

When Micky Greenaway died all his Chelsea memorabilia was thrown out, what a terrible waste, bad enough a Chelsea legend dieing but to lose all his Chelsea history as well was equally gutting.

Great gesture by you Dazer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beerqueen. Photos uploaded. Wiki says "The most recent modification to the crest occurred in 2001 when the club wanted to better situate itself for the 21st century and further standardize its crest. One of the modifications made was changing the mulberry stripe to a more bluish shade." The stripe is in mulberry as it would have been in the 70's. Still want it? If so, how do I go about getting it to you without posting my or your details for all to see.

RMFC_1971.JPG

IMG_2350.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dazer said:

Beerqueen. Photos uploaded. Wiki says "The most recent modification to the crest occurred in 2001 when the club wanted to better situate itself for the 21st century and further standardize its crest. One of the modifications made was changing the mulberry stripe to a more bluish shade." The stripe is in mulberry as it would have been in the 70's. Still want it? If so, how do I go about getting it to you without posting my or your details for all to see.

RMFC_1971.JPG

IMG_2350.JPG

I didn't have any reason to doubt your story.  Yes, if you are genuinely just trying to find a good home for it, I'd be delighted to have it.  I'll pm you my address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×